PC Buying Guide - July 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bulldozer is coming in July rather than June now. May be a paper launch next week.

manishjha18

In the zone
hey i am still waiting for mobo supporting Intel core 2 duo ...
my computer wala wd definitely screw me on mobo department...

and what about monitor.....20 inch..DELL IN2020M

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
core 2 duo is obsolete.

@ico: would you buy product based on paper launch or actual launch?

whats with the name colouring? some have green,some have yellow and some red? green is for mods if im not mistaken.

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
core 2 duo is obsolete.

whats with the name colouring? some have green,some have yellow and some red? green is for mods if im not mistaken.
Orange is admin I believe(raabo has this color)
Red I believe are super mods.
Green normal mods.

Did I guess correctly?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
obviously actual launch. :p but if ze paper launch allows the people under NDA to publish benchmarks, then it's well and good, isn't it?

But I guess it will be delayed all the way till August/September now.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
hey manjusha you are correct that upgrading DDR2 RAM makes no sense.

if you want then DDR3 is the way to go.

topgear,I can see why you say that 2GB is sufficient but you should know that now one should build systems with minimum 2x2GB ram.

3 years ago 2x2GB was gaming grade but with 64-bit being the norm now its best to get 4GB that on basic usage will last you for some time.

EDIT:update that 2x2 with 1x4.

edit button has disappeared sorry.

I disagree.

bulldozer is coming in late 2011 and ivy bridge has been delayed.

Intel postpones launch of 22nm Ivy Bridge - www.nordichardware.com

Intel to Delay Release of Next-Generation “Ivy Bridge� Processors – Slide - X-bit labs

And you are mistaken about the fact of RAM. RAM is not very important when it comes to resolution(VRAM is).
RAM will come into play when using better quality effects,complex physics calculations etc.

Keep in mind that his usage are only (Basically i need pc for HD movies and cod rarely).

He is not building a new system and if he is using Xp 32 bit or even win7 32 bit/64 bit with a gfx card like HD5670 and 2 GB ram playing HD movies and CoD would be a just a cakewalk for his system.

So why should he spend for other components oir a money for a whole new config when he only needs a new gfx crad ??

So for his needs of watching HD movies and playing CoD rarely a gfx card like HD5670 ( or better ) with 2GB ram is enough but if he wants a little bit future proofing getting another 2GB ram makes perfect sense IMO.

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^Exactly. Extreme Gamer, Don't suggest people to jump for whole new config all the time, especially when they only need a small part of the system, suggest something which will satisfy all his criteria within budget and if possible some extra features.
C2Q 6600 is a hell of a processor and performance is almost same league of Phenom II 940 and till offers great performance for all the games and applications. So just getting a new graphics card will satisfy all his needs, no point in buying the most modern rig now.

manishjha18

In the zone
DELL IN2020M --have to purchase dvi cable separately..
Benq G2220 Hd--dvi cable comes with it..
i am inclining for dell cause it is led.
i can stretch budget (max 8k) if its worth it..brand wise i prefer dell.
by the way read in pc pro magazine uk that benq g222hdl is really good one..

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would like to see some of these on june configs ;-)

Sapphire HD6450 1GB GDDR3 @ 2.8k
Sapphire HD6570 1GB GDDR3 @ 4.2k
Sapphire HD6570 2GB GDDR3 @ 5k
Sapphire HD6670 1GB GDDR5 @ 5.5k
Sapphire HD6750 1GB GDDR5 @ 6k
Sapphire HD6770 1GB GDDR5 @ 7.1k
Sapphire HD6790 1GB GDDR5 @ 8k
Sapphire HD6990 4GB GDDR5 @ 42k

d3p

PowerHouse
Corsair has launched new H2O closed loop cooling unit.

*www.corsair.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/h/1/h100_rad_v2.png

*www.corsair.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/h/1/h100_rad_fan_v2.png

Hydro Seriesâ„¢ H100 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler - Hydro Series - Cooling

Priced @ 136$.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nice. So this is H100. The H80 is also in the pipeline. Lets see what these two bring to the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom