PC Buying Advice needed under 50K

ispote

Broken In
Want to buy a PC within next 8-10 days. Here are the details...

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans:
1) Will be used as a server with wired LAN of around 4-5 PCs.
2) MS SQL Server 2008, V Studio 2008, V Studio 2010, MySQL (Server), Any video editing software, Internet
3) Will store many many scanned documents (office documents) + daily backup of data of around 2+ GBs
4) Several applications opened and used at one time, surfing internet simultaneously
5) Video, photos, music editing
6) Watching HD movies
6) Not serious, but to a little big extent, latest 3D Games
--------------------------------

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Max. 50,000/- Stretchable up to max. 52,000/- not beyond this (Including UPS)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No (No knowledge)

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 7 64 bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB is ok

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Want to buy monitor. Size 18" to 20". Resolution no idea (No knowledge)

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Nothing. Everything new

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Within 8-10 days

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Pune, Maharashtra. Local buy. If components not available here, online

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I do not have much knowledge of hardware technical glossary.... Will prefer Ivy Bridge processor, ASUS Motherboard.
If prices are also given, it will be greatly helpful for me.
One question: How can we find compatible processor-motherboard pair? How can we know whether a particular processor is launched in India or not? (Just to add in my knowledge)

Thanks,

vkl

Cyborg Agent
Processor:AMD FX 8150 @12k
Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 @6.5k
RAM:Gskill RipjawsX(F3-12800/CL9S) 4GBx2 @3.4k
HDD:WD Caviar Blue 1TB @5.2k
Optical Drive:Asus DRW-24B3ST @1.1k
PSU:Corsair CX430v2 @2.3k
Graphic Card:Gigabyte Radeon HD 7770 @9k
Cabinet:NZXT Source 210 elite @2.5k
Monitor:Benq G2222HDL @7.5k
UPS:APC 600VA @1.8k
Mouse&KB:Logitech MK200 @0.7k
Total=52k

This config is overclockable.If you try overclocking then buy a good after market cooler.
Benq G2222HDL is a full HD 21.5" monitor.

Last edited:

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
Nice Config . +1 to that.

Also , I think OP can go for the CORSAIR CX500 V2 @ 3.5K , Just to be on the Safer Side .

saswat23

Human Spambot
A good config but as the OP is OK with a 20inch monitor so here is what I suggest:
* Monitor: DELL IN2030M HD LED -- 6.2k
* GPU: MSI GTX-560 1GB DDR5 -- 10.4k
For DVD-RW get Asus DRW-24B5ST, its a newer model and costs the same i.e around 1.1k.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
^^FHD monitor is more future-proof and would be better for him as he wants
to do photo-editing.
HD7770 would help in more in video/photo editing and encoding and other compute tasks.
gtx 560 would be better for gaming though.

OP
I

ispote

Broken In
VKL,
Thanks for your reply. I appreciate your time and effort given to define specs for me. Also thanks to others for their suggestions.
I am sorry for late reply, I went out of station suddenly, not able to reply.
After a little bit more study, I have finalised following configuration for my new PC. I request all of you to please go through it and help me to choose better specs for me.

For some components, there are multiple options separated by "||". Please help me to choose the best suited for me among those options.
--------
Processor: I5-3550
--------
Motherboard: P8Z77-M PRO || P8Z77-M || P8H77-V
--------
RAM: Transcend or Kingston 8 GB * 1 || 4 GB * 2 1600 MHz-12800 PC3
--------
HDD: W. D. WD Blue WD7500AZEX (SATA 6 Gb/s, 750 GB, 64 MB Cache, 7200 rpm)
--------
GPU: Gigabyte GV-R777OC-1GD (rev. 2.0) || Zotac NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 1 GB GDDR5
--------
DVD+/-RW: ASUS DRW-24B5ST
--------
PSU: Cooler Master RS-420-SPM2
Cabinet: Cooler Master RC-311P-TWN2
--------
Monitor: Asus VH197T (19”) LED || BenQ GL2030AM (20”) LED || Dell IN2030M (20”) LED || Samsung B2030 (20”) LCD
--------
Kbd.+Mouse: Logitech Desktop MK 120 Combo || Microsoft Wired Desktop 600 Combo
--------

Two doubts...
1. My dealer told me that Intel 3rd generation graphics performance is very good and no need to buy a separate GPU for games. Is this correct?

2. The prices in Pune are little bit higher than on FlipKart (the said reason is Octroi and VAT applied). In this case, is it safe to buy from FlipKart? I have never bought from FlipKart. How is their after sales service? Any Idea?

Thank you very much....

rahul_c

Journeyman
Two doubts...
1. My dealer told me that Intel 3rd generation graphics performance is very good and no need to buy a separate GPU for games. Is this correct?

2. The prices in Pune are little bit higher than on FlipKart (the said reason is Octroi and VAT applied). In this case, is it safe to buy from FlipKart? I have never bought from FlipKart. How is their after sales service? Any Idea?

Thank you very much....

Dude the Intel 3rd gen integrated graphics are OK for full HD video playback only, but you want to play 'new' games so that requires a dedicated graphics card. Such dealers are so stupid, they don't know anything and make people buy crap.
As for Flipkart, its very safe and their service is awesome. I've purchased couple of things from there and was impressed with their service.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
I5 3550 processor is a locked processor.Dont pair it with z77 motherboards.
i5 3550 should be paired with a H77 or B75 motherboard.
Unless for faster quick sync i5 3550 is not that much faster(~5%) than i5 2400.

Cooler Master RS-420-SPM2 is a decent psu but stick with corsair cx430v2.
NZXT Source 210 elite @2.5k is a better cabinet than Cooler Master RC-311P-TWN2 but the CM cabinet is ok.
For ram stick to Gskill ripjawsX.

OP
I

ispote

Broken In
ok vkl, I will go with h77 asus mobo for sure. This will also save some money...
Will also keep in mind the suggestions about PSU & Cabnet.
thanks rahul, i am thinking of buying procesor and mobo from flipkart as they are considerably cheaper than local. processor is cheaper by 2k, mobo by 1.5k...

For graphics card, what actually dealer said that if u buy a card of up to 10K then it is as good as Intel integrated only. so either go for a card of rs. 15K or higher or don't waste money in buying a card below 10K. As I am not having much idea about the performances of the cards, so I am completely dependent on opinions of what u say...

And last Q., which GPU should i prefer from one of them? Please suggest?

Thanx...

Last edited:

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
nvidia 560 for sure . And what your delearer saying is completely cr@p , dont listen to him . he is making fool of you .

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Check the GPU Hierarchy
Graphics Card Hierarchy Chart : Best Graphics Cards For The Money: July 2012

OP
I

ispote

Broken In
Great Link Bro !! Thanx.

Will now finalize the specs on Tuesday. Just curious to ask, I have never built a PC on my own. I do not have in-depth technical knowledge of hardware. Is it possible for me to build a PC on my own? Can anybody suggest me any good, easy to understand website guide so that I can build my PCs (Except current one)????

thanx 2 all...

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
Watch This
Newegg TV: How To Build a Computer - Part 1 - Choosing Your Components - YouTube
Newegg TV: How To Build a Computer - Part 2 - The Build - YouTube
Newegg TV: How To Build a Computer - Part 3 - Installing Windows & Finishing Touches - YouTube

^ as you are not familiar with h/w you better take help from trusted friend who is proficient in computer h/w and assembling.......... if you observe once , then in future you could do it on your own.......

OP
I

ispote

Broken In
Dear All,
I have finalized following parts will buy tomorrow:

Pro: Intel i5-3550 (Flipkart: 13568)
--------
MoBo: Asus P8H77-V ((Flipkart: 10600)
--------
RAM: G.Skill 2 x 4GB DDR3 1600 MHz 16800PC3 (Flipkart: 4000)
--------
HDD: Not getting what I want, even not getting, 500 Gb with 32 cache HDD. Not locally, not on flipkart. Will not go for 1 TB as I have already over-stretched my budget, :-( I will save few bucks by buying 500 GB HDD now and then after 6-8 months, will buy new one.... :cool:
--------
GPU: Zotac NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 OC Edition 1 GB DDR5 (Flipkart: 12190)
(Is this card not having GDDR5???)
--------
DVD+/-RW: ASUS DRW-24B5ST (Flipkart: 1125)
--------
Monitor: Asus VH197T (19”) LED (Local: 5700)
--------
Kbd.+Mouse: Microsoft Wired Desktop 600 Combo (local: 950)
--------
PSU & Cabinet:
The only things I am not able to finalise it yet. This is because I don't know what should be the criteria for choosing a PSU & Cabinet. Can anybody help me in this regard?
Also, specs of Zotac GPU indicates Power Supply Required is 450W. So what this exactly means? Does it mean that it consumes 450W? In my case, how much minimum power supply is needed for my system?

--------
Eagerly waiting for replies........
Thank you very much...

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
Dear All,
I have finalized following parts will buy tomorrow:

Pro: Intel i5-3550 (Flipkart: 13568)
--------
MoBo: Asus P8H77-V ((Flipkart: 10600)
--------
RAM: G.Skill 2 x 4GB DDR3 1600 MHz 16800PC3 (Flipkart: 4000)
--------
HDD: Not getting what I want, even not getting, 500 Gb with 32 cache HDD. Not locally, not on flipkart. Will not go for 1 TB as I have already over-stretched my budget, :-( I will save few bucks by buying 500 GB HDD now and then after 6-8 months, will buy new one.... :cool:
--------
GPU: Zotac NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 OC Edition 1 GB DDR5 (Flipkart: 12190)
(Is this card not having GDDR5???)
--------
DVD+/-RW: ASUS DRW-24B5ST (Flipkart: 1125)
--------
Monitor: Asus VH197T (19”) LED (Local: 5700)
--------
Kbd.+Mouse: Microsoft Wired Desktop 600 Combo (local: 950)
--------
PSU & Cabinet:
The only things I am not able to finalise it yet. This is because I don't know what should be the criteria for choosing a PSU & Cabinet. Can anybody help me in this regard?
Also, specs of Zotac GPU indicates Power Supply Required is 450W. So what this exactly means? Does it mean that it consumes 450W? In my case, how much minimum power supply is needed for my system?

--------
Eagerly waiting for replies........
Thank you very much...

Everything looks fine
the GPU is GDDR5 Version its in its name its self DDR5 means GDDR5
For running the GPU you need atleast 450W PSU Better get a Seasonic 520W @4.7k its Very perfect for your above mentioned rig get it if you will not OC the CPU/GPU here is the link for it Seasonic S12II-520 520 Watts PSU | Psu | Flipkart.com
For the Case if your in tight budget get a cheap case go for CM elite 310 here is the link Cooler Master Elite 310 Cabinet (Blue) | Cabinet | Flipkart.com

OP
I

ispote

Broken In
Thanks 101gamzer,

Just three doubts...
in case of PSU, what's the meaning of 87% efficiency?
in case of Cabinet, why it is mentioned in its specs - "2 USB 2.0 Ports". Does it mean that it does not support usb 3.0?
With the PSU of 520W ,how much this system will consume power per hour (Just to be aware of what increase will be there in electricity bills coz. the system is going to run from 09.00 am to 10 pm daily)

Thanks very much for your time. I have almost reached to complete the rig.... with the help of you and all such other members of Digit Forum.... I greatly appreciate all for helping me in this regard........ :-D :-D :-D

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
in case of Cabinet, why it is mentioned in its specs - "2 USB 2.0 Ports". Does it mean that it does not support usb 3.0?
CM 311 Plus (Actual model number: RC-311P-TWN2) comes with a single USB 3.0 port but it does use a header on the other end. It comes with a USB port so that you can connect it to the rear I/O of your motherboard.

CM 311 Plus (Actual model number: RC-311P-TWN2) comes with a single USB 3.0 port but it does use a header on the other end. It comes with a USB port so that you can connect it to the rear I/O of your motherboard.
*i.imgur.com/zKmI6.jpg
4 USB ports? 3 for 2.0 and 1 FOR 3.0 with a re-route cable.
*i.imgur.com/ItDiS.jpg
actual headers and the USB cable
*i.imgur.com/DO9Zc.jpg
Since one of the USB ports are occupied for 3.0, the last USB 2.0 uses half the headers.

NZXT Source, NZXT gamma and Bitfenix merc are the best choices you have. Note that Source comes with the same re-route cable too.

Stick with the M-Pro board.

OP
I

ispote

Broken In
Thanx The Sorcerer,
But all that have gone from above of my head :-?
I yet don't know "2 USB 2.0 Ports" means it support usb 3.0 or not?

sorry for such basic questions........

Myth

Cyborg Agent
I guess he means the usb 3.0 slot in front is not connected to the motherboard header but to another usb3.0 port at the rear of the case where all the IO ports are present.
THe usb 2.0 ports in front are connected to the usb2.0 header on the mobo.

Top Bottom