path for career progression in IT / software field

dashang

Journeyman
Hello, i am software developer in asp.net with 1.2 yrs of experience. I want to progress more and on later years i want to be on management side in 7-10 yrs (project manager, operations manager,CIO). what should i do ?

bikramjitkar

In the zone
Just carry on doing what you're doing. Be in the good books of your managers or at least make sure they know you exist. One day you will become a manager.

archananair

Broken In
Don't just limit yourselves in asp.net also take knowledge of other software development courses and be up to date this will help you to be all rounder and manager should know all the aspect of software development.

asciif00

Broken In
The fastest way to get into a PM role will be to get certified in PMP or ITIL Prince V3, along with a green belt in six sigma will also help.
If you want training materials and books on the above topics let me know.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
The fastest way to get into a PM role will be to get certified in PMP or ITIL Prince V3, along with a green belt in six sigma will also help.
If you want training materials and books on the above topics let me know.

I want to know about the training material..

Hrishi

Consider taking/playing roles in management regardless of your current position as a developer.
It depends on what kind of manager you want to become. Technical or functional roles.
Based on that you need to groom you skill set.
Certifications aside , being practical is what will land you a Job in management.

Though , I don't think I am eligible to answer this as I am not in management role , however this is what I have heard from upper management whenever I tend to ask them about such stuff.

Top Bottom