passion Dvd player with usb and DivX

URPradhan

Journeyman
Dear users , last week i went bigbazar, i saw PASSION DVD PLAYER only Rs.1399. i tested it with USB pen drive and DVD with all format video.

*www.futurebazaar.com/b2c_futurebazaar/b2c/zmenuHandling.do?query_star=600108367&category=*&x =20&y=5&query=600108367*&min=0&max=0&min1=&max1=&r efsite=internalmailer_11&adunit=homepage&channel=m ailer
By look it is good, finishing it like branded dvd player, doesn't look like chip player, size is like Phillips 3166. it is only 1.8kg. front side four buttons open, play, ff, bw , back side it has all ports like standard DVD player has. it is true 5.1 DVD player, well in Rs.1399 it is best dvd player, i played lots of movies, even DVDs are working fine, and it has 6months warranty too,

List file format it supported.

DivX yes
Xvid yes
MP4 only Video no audio
MPEG4(avi) yes
MP3 yes
Jpeg yes
WMA yes
WMV no
MPG yes
DVD yes
Dat yes

USB port can play all above files , I tested with 1GB pen drive,
I also tested with USB HDD (2.5 seagate 80GB) it is not working with it.
i also tested with USB 3.5" seagate 160GB HDD , it is not working , it is just saying " waiting " but after 2 min , no positive results.

Hi

Starting from today for 3days, the price is for Rs 1299/- ONLY with 1 yr warranty. But I doubt for its long run.

Anyway I want to know, If I ll burn a DVD/CD with multiple folders/sub-folders inside; will this player can read all the files in all folders/sub-folders recursively ??? And if I'll put the sub title file *.srt in the movie folder will it play the sub-titles ???

Want for ur quick reply. Thank you.

PraKs

Youngling
@URPradhan

Yes it will play from Folders, But dont make too many folders

Always burn movie on root path.

Yes, It has option of Subtitle too, which u can enable/disable from menu

URPradhan

Journeyman
Which one should I buy now ?

Either this Big Bazaar wala of Rs 1299/-
Or Moserbaer wala Rs 2990/- (*www.moserbaer.com/consumer_products.asp)

aXisxX

Broken In
Hi

Starting from today for 3days, the price is for Rs 1299/- ONLY with 1 yr warranty. But I doubt for its long run.

Anyway I want to know, If I ll burn a DVD/CD with multiple folders/sub-folders inside; will this player can read all the files in all folders/sub-folders recursively ??? And if I'll put the sub title file *.srt in the movie folder will it play the sub-titles ???

Want for ur quick reply. Thank you.

Rs 1299/- only 3days where does it says??? are u sure about 3 days only offer? whats your source?

URPradhan

Journeyman
Rs 1299/- only 3days where does it says??? are u sure about 3 days only offer? whats your source?

Do not you watch TV :-| ?
There was frequent ads from BIGBAZAAR for 3 days sabse sasta offer and for more proof you could ve visited their web portal _www.futurebazaar.com

I had visited my town BIGBAZAAR yday for the DVD player but all were sold out having no stock !!!

dvdaddict

Right off the assembly line
i bought passion dvd player, but its not outputting DTS track to SPDIF/Co-axial, and also doesnt do downmix DTS track. Has any one no about any software upgrade for this passion dvd player with respect to this issue

ajay.karthik.nn

Right off the assembly line
i had converted my ide hard disc to a portable one.It is 80gb.i formatted it to fat32 and is now working fine with the dvd player.There are no folders in mine, only playable files directly with only one drive for entire 80gb.
If u convert to fat32 i think u should be able to play it.
use partition magic software to accomplish changes.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
update on passion dvd player ..

a friend of mine has got it .. works with thumb drives upto 4gb ...

now goodnews .. even works with usb card readers .. and even with his 40 gb pata hdd when connected through usb .. so supeb player for 1.3k ..and he is very impressed with its performance ..video that is .

and it does not have dts decoder .. most probably will pass it through optical /coaxial out ...

Renny

Padawan
My friend got a LG DVD player
*www.in.lge.com/Product/Products-Details.aspx?pid=5245&cat=255&subcat=DVD Player

I supports divx, xvid, vcd, dvd, mp3, jpeg,
It doesnt play videos above 720x480 resolution,

Is there any DVD player which can playback 720p and higher vids and even h264?
Plus it should even have a USB port and detect even external HDDs.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Why buy seperate DVD players? Most of you guys already have graphics card so why not use the TV out support of graphics card to connect TV to computer & use the DVD player application like PowerDVD or Windows Media Center.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
Why buy seperate DVD players? Most of you guys already have graphics card so why not use the TV out support of graphics card to connect TV to computer & use the DVD player application like PowerDVD or Windows Media Center.
Most people have TV in separate room .

And besides , you need a remote(which you don't get with a pc unless you a buy a TV tuner card which costs as much as a DVD player now)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
hmm...point, I guess I am the only one whose computer is for everything :D

I saw that Mosar Baer DVD Player once, Rs 2,800 in E-Zone, how is that?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
My friend got a LG DVD player
*www.in.lge.com/Product/Products-Details.aspx?pid=5245&cat=255&subcat=DVD Player

I supports divx, xvid, vcd, dvd, mp3, jpeg,
It doesnt play videos above 720x480 resolution,

Is there any DVD player which can playback 720p and higher vids and even h264?
Plus it should even have a USB port and detect even external HDDs.
None of the current stand alone players in India or any other players available internationally are capable of playing HD content which have been compressed with variable codecs.If it goes above standard DVD resolution then it would come up saying resolution not supported.I wish there was a player which could player these matroska & other high definition encoded files.

gulgulumaal

Broken In
Just a word of caution...I had bought this passion DVD player almost 5-6 months back. In 2 months time the player stopped working...took it to big bazaar for repairs...got it back after repairs...after that USB stopped working...being lazy I didnt take it back to fix the USB...now for the past 5-6 days it is having a problem switching on..I think it's a problem with the power switch...after trying some 10-15 times it switches on...now today when I tried it's not switching on at all :(
Need to check if I have any warranty left..

Bottomline...I dont think this player's built to last

Edit....more to add to this. The warranty's over!!...so I took my screwdriver and opened the damn thing up.

Surprised to find a 'Sony' mechanism inside. Ok..so maybe it's not so bad quality after all. But the connection between the PCBs and the mechanism and the wiring etc is done very shoddily....probby by some local assembler in Delhi.

The power switch was faulty..they've used some stupid unreliable local switch...I just bypassed the switch and now the player's working.
And....the idiot who serviced my player earlier forgot to plug in the USB connection to the PCB...I connected it back and now the player is fine and USB's working :)

So I dunno...maybe it's not as bad as I thought :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom