passion Dvd player with usb and DivX

bonny72

Broken In
Dear users , last week i went bigbazar, i saw PASSION DVD PLAYER only Rs.1399. i tested it with USB pen drive and DVD with all format video.

*www.futurebazaar.com/b2c_futurebazaar/b2c/zmenuHandling.do?query_star=600108367&category=*&x =20&y=5&query=600108367*&min=0&max=0&min1=&max1=&r efsite=internalmailer_11&adunit=homepage&channel=m ailer
By look it is good, finishing it like branded dvd player, doesn't look like chip player, size is like Phillips 3166. it is only 1.8kg. front side four buttons open, play, ff, bw , back side it has all ports like standard DVD player has. it is true 5.1 DVD player, well in Rs.1399 it is best dvd player, i played lots of movies, even DVDs are working fine, and it has 6months warranty too,

List file format it supported.

DivX yes
Xvid yes
MP4 only Video no audio
MPEG4(avi) yes
MP3 yes
Jpeg yes
WMA yes
WMV no
MPG yes
DVD yes
Dat yes

USB port can play all above files , I tested with 1GB pen drive,
I also tested with USB HDD (2.5 seagate 80GB) it is not working with it.
i also tested with USB 3.5" seagate 160GB HDD , it is not working , it is just saying " waiting " but after 2 min , no positive results.

Last edited:

chits

Broken In
@bonny72..

which HDD it was ..2,5" self powered or 3.5" ext powered ?....i purchased this one from USA..my frnd will bring this couple of weeks later..then i wil test...
you guys canread comment's
*www.amazon.com/Philips-DVP5982-108...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1196350310&sr=8-1

kumarmohit

Technomancer
^^^ If Fat32 is not working then there are absolutely no chances that NTFS would work. I recommend that the you should use FAT only coz I have such a DVD player (I got it from Vishal mega mart for 1700) and it works with FAT formatted pen drive only

aXisxX

Broken In
Which player model no? etc?? and does this player comes with Aux option??? i have heard that some players can play vdo's of HDD (NTFS ones).

chits

Broken In
their is no such player which support NTFS from USB ..if u know please paste the link here...

mostly DVD player support USB playback either from Pen drive or ext power HDD..very few has been able to play Divx files from 2.5 "..

I have Philips 5982 but unable to play from 2.5" WD HDD...
overall DVD Player is very good

topuji

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
I also bought the same player today. It is not working for Seagate 2.5" 120 GB HDD (USB charged). Can anyone suggest how to make it work for the player ?

kumarmohit

Technomancer
It supports FAt only AFAIK and this means you can not mount partitions of any other file system. 120 GB HDD can not be used as you can not have that big disk formatted in FAT.

chits

Broken In
Windows only restrict more than 30 GB in FAT32...
however their are many utility which can let u format whole 120 GB in FAT32.
I have done that using this tool
*www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm

infact use linux to format the 120 GB in FAT32

Finally I am able to use 120 GB with my Philips player..u guys need a cord like this
Get this cable
*www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B...&n=172282&s=electronics&qid=1199025570&sr=8-1
put POWER end in LAPTOP
put POWER+DATA in DVD player and the HDD will ..

u guys can try in passion DVD player

topuji

Right off the assembly line
hi,
thanks for the suggestion ... now another query, have u guys tried the subtitle files ? i mean, the .srt files, if u put in the same folder, it will show the subtitles, but the sync seems to be lost. Do u have any idea about how to put the subtitle files ?

chits

Broken In
@axisXX
I have Philips 5982 ( US Model) ; this is one of the best DVD player available now (not available in INDIA); it has USB/HDMI/ HD-UPSCALE plus all the other legacy philips DVD player format support( Divx 6.0 ULTRA included)...one of my friend was coming so i ordered from AMAZON for $55 .. for the price no one can beat this box..
*www.amazon.com/Philips-DVP5982-108...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1199181090&sr=8-1

Problem in above model: No H.264 support and WMV support plus VBR WMA also not supported anyway its a minor thing . Also it outputs NTSC only( again no problem most TV in INDIA supports all NTSC/PAL/SECAM)

Actually I am waiting for my Samsung 32" LCD TV ; so I havent experimented with various format and subs.
AFAIK Philips does support SRT ; cant say for Passion DVD player..

few suggestion try renaming the same as of video file of srt file except extension.

As of now I am able to play DivX from 4GB Pen drive, 120 GB WD passport and 500 GB external HDD( with power) Seagate Drive.

Their is a problem that for 120 GB Drive you need to hook the power to LAptop or PC . I am trying a solution in which I can use MOTO RAZR power adapter (which has USB ) to supplu power to 2.5" HDD Disk.

shashank_re

In the zone
I have recieved this product yesterday but iam facing problems playing from my 80GB FAT32 External power HDD.It just shows the file list but iam unable to play any file.
Anyone using external HDD please help

arunks

Hey here is the aks
Hey guys,
how is portable dvd player with 7" screen...????

does it support all formates like divx like this passion player supports???????????????????????????????????????

shashank_re

In the zone
iam facing problems playing from my 80GB FAT32 External power HDD.It just shows the file list but iam unable to play any file.
Anyone using external HDD please help

Top Bottom