passion Dvd player with usb and DivX

gulgulumaal

Broken In
i bought passion dvd player, but its not outputting DTS track to SPDIF/Co-axial, and also doesnt do downmix DTS track. Has any one no about any software upgrade for this passion dvd player with respect to this issue

I think there's some option in the menu for this.

jpthachil

Right off the assembly line
Hi ajay

Can you say which dvd player you have with you

regards

joseph
i had converted my ide hard disc to a portable one.It is 80gb.i formatted it to fat32 and is now working fine with the dvd player.There are no folders in mine, only playable files directly with only one drive for entire 80gb.
If u convert to fat32 i think u should be able to play it.
use partition magic software to accomplish changes.

chits

Broken In
For Postable HDD u need to give a external power supplu..
Their are Y type of USB cable available..put one end in DVD player other end in your laptop ....

and the tail end to ur HDD and this work ..I tried with my Philips 5982 DVD player and its working fine..

If you want to get rid of everytime putting one end in Laptop for power , buy a MOTOROLA or any other phone USB charger and join give power through that (check the current requirement of phone and HDD )

joe2005

Broken In
Regarding Philipps DVD Player 5982,where is it available?.I tried in some online sites with little success.

sreenisatish

Broken In
Does the Passion DVD player support MP3 resume? This is one feature I really want because I listen to long speeches. Fast forwarding can be a Pain. That is, if you are in the middle of a song and the power goes off, when the power comes back, does it start from where it left?

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Does the Passion DVD player support MP3 resume? This is one feature I really want because I listen to long speeches. Fast forwarding can be a Pain. That is, if you are in the middle of a song and the power goes off, when the power comes back, does it start from where it left?

I think it doesn't.

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
roxysmile the price keeps on changing if u buy from Big Bazaar. Sometimes there is offer on it & sometimes not.
I bought it for 1275/-.

dsm1

Dear All,
I have also purchased one Passion DVD M-38 and I am unable to play mp4 movie files downloaded from internet. Please guide me how I can play mp4 video files. Thanks a lot

Secondly the 20GB HDD is also not working at all.
Techies pls guide me.

Last edited:

kumarmohit

Technomancer
The first is because mp4 is not a supported codec. Your best bet is to transcode it to Xvid or DivX.

For the HDD not working, it might require power. If it is desktop HDD in a casing, plug it into power outlet.

Or as chits said

chits said:
For Postable HDD u need to give a external power supplu..
Their are Y type of USB cable available..put one end in DVD player other end in your laptop ....

and the tail end to ur HDD and this work ..I tried with my Philips 5982 DVD player and its working fine..

If you want to get rid of everytime putting one end in Laptop for power , buy a MOTOROLA or any other phone USB charger and join give power through that (check the current requirement of phone and HDD )

dsm1

Thanks a lot to Mr. Mohit Kumar and chits.
But I do not have Laptop. I have a 20 GB USB HDD which requires NO external power. 4GB HDD is working fine with the same cable without external power and 20GB HDD is not working at all saying waiting waiting waiting and goes blank.
Thanks again.

sreenisatish

Broken In
No , it supports resume function. I have that passion dvd player, & it supports mp3 resume function.

I bought the player today for Rs.1399 and yes, it does support MP3 resume.
This may seem unbelievable, but out of some 25 DVD players that I hunted in at least 10 - 15 shops only this one has MP3 resume. Even Sony, Philips, LG etc do not have this functionality.

dsm1

Congratulations Sri
Enjoy listening and watching/viewing on Passion DVD Player.

mad1231moody

Journeyman
Can anyone confirm and tell if it plays Xvid. No where in the specifications on futurebazaar.com says that it supports Divx. Check it out here

Top Bottom