Overheating problems

channabasanna

In the zone
Hi All,
I installed ASUS PC Probe II for my Maximus Formula Motherboard, When i run that i get the following Alert..
MB is 40C, NB is 46C, SB is 51C. Is this ok, i have not changed the settings of PC Probe II, Please help me what i have to do.

Is this normal temperature. This temperature is when my system is only during browsing or so.

Please help me...

fuzzz

Broken In
errm my mobo an intel 965ryck is running at about 45~50 degrees (as seen in bios)..
is this normal ??
if not is there any particular reason why its heating up so much ??
i have 3 fans in my case 2 for intake and 1 for exhaust
running a dual core 2.66 proccy...
Please advise

fuzzz

Broken In
check this out
Mboard 46-47-48
ich 70-97
mch 47-48

are these normal temps?
mobo is intel 965 ryck
processor is dual core 2.66
and the cpu cooler is something from cooler master(dont know name)
fan setup
2 intake (2*40mm)(bottom front)
1 exhaust(1*120 mm) (rear)

if not what could be the cause of the heat? and who to rectify it?

rtginc

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
I need a help friends I am afraid my machine gets too hot after working for 9-10 hours continuously.Some of the IC's may get melted,can you guys suggest me some alternative method to protect those IC's .Actually my service provider asked me get those IC's changed in order to avoid my machine getting crashed.Can there any way to avoid such accident as this is 3rd time that I will be changing my IC's.What must be the problem?

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Also how do you know that the problem is with ICs?
BTW, by IC do you mean Integrated Circuit or something else?

pirates1323

In the zone
hello guys ... I am goin to upgrade my GPU and ram to Geforce 8800gt and 3 GB of RAM DDR2 ... I already ordered these but before upgradin these I though of runnin SpeedFAN with my old specs:

Old Specs: (CPU-Z: *i31.tinypic.com/28iukcl.jpg )
Windows Vista Home
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0 ghz E4400
512 MB DDR2 333 MHZ * 2
240 GB 3G HDD(1 160 gb hdd and 40 gb another hdd)
Intel GMA 950 Graphics

and now BIOS shows tht my pc temp is 41C ..

after upgraded my gpu and ram will lead it more heating problems ?

Last edited:

rameeze

Broken In
My processor was heating at 70 degree and MoBo at at 85 to 88 , I have applied thermal paste to processor NOW its normal at 45 degree But how can control MoBo temp as it is still at very high level , my cabby has two fans .

niax

Right off the assembly line
HI there guyzz...
i've got a prob with my card/riva tuner
when i increase the fan speed to 100% and start the game,it comes back to 30% shortly and the temp shoots up...any way i can make it to run at 100% all time???i have 8600gts xfx

slyfox

Broken In
hi,
after i switch on my computer it runs for some time then it turns off by itself.
i checked in the bios in the h/w monitoring. thr i found that the cpu fan speed increases continuously from arnd 1000rpm to >2000rpm within 5 to 10 mins at a temp of ~57 C (i hv a c2d e6300 cpu).
is this a cpu heating problem. what may hv gone wrong??

OP
john_the_ultimate

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
@slyfox
Reseat the HSF with a fresh layer of thermal paste, most probably its not installed properly. And 57c for non-overclocked C2D is too high. BTW, have you o'clocked your cpu?

slyfox

Broken In
no i hv intel d946gzis moboo which doesn't support o/c ing.
i also think the same ie i need to apply the thermal paste again.

kooki

Broken In
need help!!!!!
got a q6600, DG31PR mobo. 8600gt. zebronics marco cabi.

at normal state.
CPU-65-70C
Ambient temp- 60-65C.

anything intensive pushes the cpu to above 75-85C. even 90C

my HSF is installed properly. cables have been cleared out. the cpu was kept down in an area with no ventilation. i changed the position and still the temps were high. i opened one side of the cabinet for maximum ventilation and no change. have 1 side 120mm fan. 2 rear 45mm fans. not OC'D anything. using stock cooler. tried another stock cooler too. the temps wont go down.
whats wrong? is the cabi too small? the PSU of the zebronics marco.is at the back. and it takes in air from the top of the cabinet. but even after opening the side with the room ac on blowing cool air, the cpu and ambient temps stayed about 55-60c

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
need help!!!!!
got a q6600, DG31PR mobo. 8600gt. zebronics marco cabi.

at normal state.
CPU-65-70C
Ambient temp- 60-65C.

anything intensive pushes the cpu to above 75-85C. even 90C

my HSF is installed properly. cables have been cleared out. the cpu was kept down in an area with no ventilation. i changed the position and still the temps were high. i opened one side of the cabinet for maximum ventilation and no change. have 1 side 120mm fan. 2 rear 45mm fans. not OC'D anything. using stock cooler. tried another stock cooler too. the temps wont go down.
whats wrong? is the cabi too small? the PSU of the zebronics marco.is at the back. and it takes in air from the top of the cabinet. but even after opening the side with the room ac on blowing cool air, the cpu and ambient temps stayed about 55-60c

Q6600 is a hot processor, technically too!
U gonna need more than that stock cooler.
Try any silver based thermal paste like Arctic Silver, MX-2 etc.
And also some decent cooler like Scythe Infinity, Thermalright Ultra 120 or 90, ZALMAN CNPS9700 etc.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Q6600 is a hot processor, technically too!
U gonna need more than that stock cooler.
Try any silver based thermal paste like Arctic Silver, MX-2 etc.
And also some decent cooler like Scythe Infinity, Thermalright Ultra 120 or 90, ZALMAN CNPS9700 etc.

MX-2 is not Silver based but considered to be slightly superior to AS5.

slyfox

Broken In
hi!
i was having cpu overheating problem for some time. so i called the computer vendor to fix it up. he told me that the thermal paste is gone and he reapplied it.

but now also the computer is shutting down after some time. i checked in the bios the temperature. i found earlier that the temperature used to go upto 61 C (c2d e6300) but now even at 53 C it is shutting down. to chk immediately ( say 1 min) after shutdown i started it again and entered bios. the temp ws arnd 51 C but the fan speed was arnd 1800 but came down in no time to arnd 1000.
what may be wrong??

i installed the speedfan software. i found the cpu temp to be normal (~51 C) at all the time and the fan speed arnd 1000-1100. if the software is giving correct values it isn't a overheating problem i guess.
btw the comp stays on for abt 1 hr after suddenly shutting down

Last edited:

channabasanna

In the zone
Hi !

For my rig what is the optimal temperature. When i saw in BIOS it displayed 57 degree for Processor. The following is the details of my system temperature. Is this optimal

CPU : 51 (when browsing, in normal state) varies between 51 - 54
MB : 38
NB : 45
SB : 48

Can i know which is the optimal temperature. Configuration is in my Signature.

Should i use any thermal paste, my dealer said the stock cooling system which is given by intel needs no thermal paste with it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom