Overheating problems

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Spreading TIM with a card (I used my Debit card) isn't that good imo. The material gets stuck on the card thus proper spreading of it isn't possible on the CPU.

PS:
Have a question, will the cooler like H70 work on every chipset? I mean will it work on post Sandy Bridge CPU platform. I am planning to buy a H70 but if it's not compatible with future CPU's then I won't.

ruturaj3

Journeyman
I got XFX HD4870 as a replacement for 4850. This new card temp on idle is 66 and while playing it goes around 77-80. Is this normal? My old 4850 used to go max 65.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got XFX HD4870 as a replacement for 4850. This new card temp on idle is 66 and while playing it goes around 77-80. Is this normal? My old 4850 used to go max 65.

Temps are quite high. Is this the standard model or custom cooler based?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Probably, you may try to change the fan speed in the Catalyst Control Centre and see if it helps.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
As I said those are fine. Just check that the fans are ramping up. Rest is your wish to be paranoid for no reason.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
^^
It would. Just read the compatiblity list. If it works on the 1155, it sure would on 1156.

Compatibility list is for current ongoing models, they can't list an unknown future platform. Anyway I think it should work on the future Intel sockets and I am going for it :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
How to check?

After playing battlefield bad company 2 for about an hour or more i checked on catalyst control centre. It is around 60-62 c with around 35-40 % fan speed

GPU-Z temp monitoring never worked for me correctly - so I use HWmonitor.

Keep it running on background while playing a game. It will show you min, current, max temp of your GPU.

paul.rohit

Broken In
my zotac gtx 560 ti sli used to go till 102c AND 82c respectively...then i installed two more fans and a cpu cooler...now my i5 2500 runs at max of 44c (idles at 39c)and my gpus hav an average of 77c and 50 c respectively(while playing crysis 2)...my idle temps are 48c for both cards. my questions are:

1) why the difference in temperatures? (i have sli enabled)
2) are the temps normal for a zotac card under load?

Last edited:
Top Bottom