Overheating problems

Piyush

Lanaya
Re: Crysis!

u mean in BIOS the CPU readings are at 80 degrees?
BIOS readings are not accurate
but 80 means something.....even if accuracy is compromised
ur thermal compound is ok ...right?i mean not the default paste that comes with processor and HSF

Vishw

Journeyman

^^
Yes. That's why I'm so worried. I'm feeling like I should just buy a better cooler & be done with it.

Which thermal compound you talking abt? I just followed the Intel manual to fit the HSF, so it's the default paste only.

Piyush

Lanaya

its better to buy a new tube of thermal compound
Cooler Master tube @ 100/-
buy it
get in contact before applying it

Vishw

Journeyman

its better to buy a new tube of thermal compound
Cooler Master tube @ 100/-
buy it
get in contact before applying it
Hmmm.. should I just buy a decent cooler instead? Coz now summer is starting & I live on the topmost floor & my room gets very hot during the peak summer b'coz of the open terrace!

Piyush

Lanaya

hmmm....u better go for new cooler ...yeah
how much can u spend?

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

@asingh
whats the deal with that 80 degree reading
its way too high, wrong ....right

Vishw

Journeyman

You are fine. If you are not going to OC, leave the system as it is. Did I not mention, that BIOS thermal readings are erroneous.
Thanks for that, but are you 100% sure? It's almost 50C difference between other programs & Bios. Is bios this much inaccurate?

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

hmmm....u better go for new cooler ...yeah
how much can u spend?
Maybe 3k. How much a decent one costs? Suggest me something according to the config in my signature. Also, I plan to add MSI N460GTX Cyclone 1GD5/OC in near future..

Vishw

Journeyman

^^
Well, I also installed Asus Probe & it showed CPU Temp under 40C, so I guess you're right! :)
So I shouldn't bother getting a better cooler for the upcoming summer then? Temperatures have started to go beyond 40°C since last couple years. Will stock cooler be enough under full load then?

Vishw

Journeyman

Well, I tried to render something for the first time today on this new machine & temps went up from 37°C to 96°C within 30 seconds! You still think I don't need a better cooler? ;)

So, can you pls suggest me some decent coolers which will keep things around 70°C at load! :)

I'm thinking This.

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

Anybody?

Last edited:

Piyush

Lanaya

ok see
first try see what happens after applying new thermal paste
i'm sure its bcoz of default thermal paste that came with cpu
it must be available locally
cooler master thermal compound kit is common

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist

i have a big doubt. sandybridge is very cool and if you want to know the stock cooler is sufficinet for overclock upto 4.5ghz (i know yours isnt a k)..

did you check the heatsink if fixed properly?..follow the manual and do again.

just my opinion because there are wired results of temp.

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

baba yaar intel and amd dont give bad pre applied thermal paste. they are sufficient for normal use.

Piyush

Lanaya

@jassy
i know yaar
but still i thought it might just work

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

plus he was doing heavy rendering...thats why
coz his idle temps are just fine

Vishw

Journeyman

^^
Guys, I've already checked it twice in last couple days & AFAICT, it's properly fit.. almost immovable & the fitting process is very simple, if done carefully enough, there is no chance of going it wrong.. see for yourself here.

Top Bottom