Overclocked 1055T : Temperature ok or not

I overclocked 1055T to 3.75Ghz by bumping FSB (no change in voltages)
It's running fine from last 3 days...I did Prime test also (3hrs)

Temp : 12-15 degree (On load : Max 28 degree)

(Using Hyper 212 EVO Push Pull Config)

Is temp. fine ?

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
nice oc and the temps are just tooo cool;-)

post a cpu-z screenshot - post the OC here ;-)
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/overclocking-show-off/121070-overclock-list-discussion-thread.html

Join here ;-)
thinkDigit forum @ HWBOT

and try to improve team rank ;-)

Skynaveen

★★★-DREADLORD-★★★
Do you have AC ? ........ As topgear said, The temps are toooo coool.
Anyway Nice OC.

Tarun

In the zone
were are u from arctic circle ??? ;)
the temps are great the max temp for phenom II series is usually 55C over that it may damage u CPU good luck buddy push it to 4Gigs+

OP
bajaj151
I did Prime Test but don't know why I was getting BSOD
So, I overclocked it to 3.75 and now its running fine :)

Do you have AC ? ........ As topgear said, The temps are toooo coool.
Anyway Nice OC.

Thanks bro :)
I have but who needs AC during winter :)

were are u from arctic circle ??? ;)
the temps are great the max temp for phenom II series is usually 55C over that it may damage u CPU good luck buddy push it to 4Gigs+

I am from Arctic SILVER Circle :D

I don't know much about bumping voltages n all.First, will learn then try :)

*img208.imageshack.us/img208/6084/12942010.jpg

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
WTH man how is it possible?how you are getting such a low load and idle temp?what is the room temperature?
i am using 212 evo and my load temp is 56C and idle is 35C.

OP
bajaj151
^^ With Stock Cooler...idle temp was 28 to 32 degree (after cleaning cooler) during SUMMER..And you are getting 35 degree with Evo :(

$$Lionking$$

In the zone
thats a 125W A0 SKU... also seems like u probably have a more-than-usual-leakage chip... just telling u what ure dealing with...
also this OC cannot stick around the year coz temps vary like crazy in delhi...

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Damn it that's too good.. for a processor that is rated at 125 W TDP, the temperature are way awesome.. BTW, I live in Himachal & the temperature of my AMD Athlon II X4 640 at stock frequency with Cooler Master Hyper TX3 is 14 Degrees now.. On Arch Linux of course :p

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Temperatures are too cool. May be its due to ambient temperature. Anyway congrats on oc'ing & enjoy while the temperature last in that way. :p

$$Lionking$$

In the zone
Leakage Chip ?? Do I need to worry ?? :(

Lower clocked chips like 1055T have higher current leakage vs higher clocked ones.. like 1090T - this makes these chips achieve a slightly higher clock speed but they die a lot faster vs chips like 1090T...

doing 3.75GHz with air cooling only by increasing the reference clock... that too at stock voltage u have it stable under full load????!!!!!! Take in account the vdroop and things will seem insane... Kicka$$ OC btw.......

I would suggest you do not increase your voltage much if at all u do that....... that is if ur planning to use this chip beyond 2013-2014 probably.........

P.S. although i havent used any high leakage chips myself... im quoting massman for most part.......

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
:shock::shock: Its shocking.. Howz that possible with a average aftermarket cooler ? Which TIM are you using.. can you post your ambient temp and rig screenshots ?

Also, what's the safe threshold temp for Core i5 2500k ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ that's the tcase temp but the core temp can reach more that 80c ( 100c is the limit ) when OCed ;-)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
well, temperature diode of some AMD processors can be bugged. Add 5 degrees on that.

Top Bottom