Our company restricted mobile phone usage!!!!

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Yes, you read it right. They restricted the usage and we have to surrender our mobiles at reception. But we can make calls if we want, but the thing is we need to go to reception, get the phone and talk. So we almost lost the memory that we have a cell phone while in office.

Now, for gods sake, they're saying that if you want to talk, you cannot simply go to reception,get your mobile and speak. You need to get the permission from HR, he'll inform it to receptionist and then they'll hand over the mobile to us. After these hefty process we'll talk. WTF!!!

Do any of the software companies do these kinda things? I personally feel like they're keeping me out of reach of relatives,family and friends. And feel this looks childish.

But they didn't restrict the permission for some seniors who talk for hours, but for us, who talk occasionally in a day. How this is correct and from which context? I am now feeling like a slave whose activities are been watched by its owner.

Guys do you think its right?

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Well I support restriction of mobile usage in office area/ college / schools.
Mobile usage should be limited in every one's life.

6x6

Journeyman
^ +1. i want these restriction in my office :-D
employees should do some work rather than wasting time on mobile.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't even carry my mobile when I go out. I use it only at home.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Do you have a Phone at your desk, where you can at least get the incoming calls? If that can receive call from outside than it's fine, because your family can contact you when needed. Otherwise it's pretty poor thinking from their part.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Do you have a Phone at your desk, where you can at least get the incoming calls? If that can receive call from outside than it's fine, because your family can contact you when needed. Otherwise it's pretty poor thinking from their part.

This is the part where it sucks... If i have extension on my desk then it's ok for me too, but even if my someone call me to the companys number, i have to go to reception to speak. :evil:

Do you guys have a phone on your desk? you have your own extension on which you can receive calls?

No.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
This is the part where it sucks... If i have extension on my desk then it's ok for me too, but even if my someone call me to the companys number, i have to go to reception to speak. :evil:.
This is normal practice... Company cannot provide extension on every desk.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
This is normal practice... Company cannot provide extension on every desk.

But as a senior person, i got calls from my vendors and clients very often and even i need to call them back. Now consider whenever there is a call for me, they'll ask for me,i'll go to reception and talk to them. If it relates to code, it'd be easier if i have a extension on desk, so that i can debug while the support engineer is on line. I dont want to leave my cabin now and then.

desai_amogh

In the zone
^ expressing the same to your management would help you getting extension

:)

lol.. as they .."It completely depends on the requirement of the business."

I feel your company has now joined the BPOs.. where all the Agents (aka CSA) have a restrictions on phone usage but team leaders (aka leads, TLs.. @rs0les) and the higher management is allowed to do "whatever they can" with the fone... mobile or landline... he he he..

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^ expressing the same to your management would help you getting extension

:)

I did, but they simply told me, rules are for everyone.:x (Then why would they make me as a senior person in first place)

lol.. as they .."It completely depends on the requirement of the business."

I feel your company has now joined the BPOs.. where all the Agents (aka CSA) have a restrictions on phone usage but team leaders (aka leads, TLs.. @rs0les) and the higher management is allowed to do "whatever they can" with the fone... mobile or landline... he he he..

Yes.... :grin:

btw.. is it a bad Netiquette to ask which company one works for on forums like these ??? :D

Who ask?

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Spoken like a person who is working first time behind the desk. If you owned a company, do you think its right for your employees to talk with their family/relatives/gf/bf during work hours- the hours that you pay them for??

Ask for an extension stating a reason in a professional manner. Some companies wouldn't like to see talking to their clients via your personal cellphone/email or let you do timepass by talking to your family during work time. They are paying you for that 9-12 hours including lunch/dinner break+ couple of 15 minute short breaks+ loo/ciggy breaks, so its not a wrong thing if you think about it.

desai_amogh

In the zone
r u sure none of your mates back at office use this forum ??? i can imagine what kind of policy your company would have about posting on forums and social networks..this might ruin the companies image in the media.. eh eh..

Top Bottom