Orkut on opera mini 4.1 not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I am using opera mini 4.1. 11355 which is working very fine with all other sites but not orkut.com
actually problem is that whenever i log in to my account, home page opens but it displays only left menu where options like scrapbook, settings are given. You can scroll down but not to the right side of the page. This is very irritating. . . .please someone help.

Last edited:

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!
You cud be browsing mobile version of the site..if not do provide more details...

One more thing posting ur id here could get lot of spam to ur mail...

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
My frnd too hav the same problem on his k550; reinstalling opera mini or trying other versions of it didn't help too. He lately flashed his phone to w610i, even now the same problem exists!!.....y this happens??!

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!
Coz operamini is a mobile browser and orkut redirects to mobile version of orkut.. Easiest way of getting back normal(full) orkut is using this link wen u are logged in-

*www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLog...e=*www.orkut.com/RedirLogin.aspx&passive=true

Last edited:

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
^^dude, dats not the problem, everyone knows how orkut mobile version looks like......the problem is with the navigation in orkut, u can't zoom to the right side of the page and sometimes the mouse pointer shown in opera min will become invisible....

vishrut

Right off the assembly line
Install a newer version of Opera because earlier versions didn't support Orkut.

hmm. . .no friends i am sure tat itz not mobile version bcz mob version of orkut is working very fine, its only full pc ver site which is creating trouble. Also orkut login page works well but after u had logged in, the trouble starts.

Also my current opera mini ver is the latest version. I also tried on many old versions but it didnt worked.
Phone model is Sony K310i.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Yeah I am experiencing the same problem. One can only scroll vertically but not horizontally. The problem is with the Orkut site. It has a very limited browser support. It only works perfectly with IE and Firefox. Use any other browser and the site works incorrectly. Only solution now is to use the mobile version of the site on your Mini.

@Sumeet
thanx but only useful point that I noticed in that thread was t9space.com but I already applied that trick which also failed for me !!

Teashark does not works on my set. .It says "Initialising. . ."
n when progress bar finishes it says "Failed, please try" rest of words are not visible

Gauravs90

geek........
Sorry but this problem is not solved by operamini team also, pls refer to
*my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=246195&t=1222336081&page=2#comment2728827

This problem is occurring to only those who has MAIN# in their orkut url.

Last edited:
hmm. . .thanx for that thread link, so it seems like that we cant do anything but to wait until orkut beta updates are finished. . .

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
The mobile version of Orkut is pretty decent though. I'm using that now whenever I'm on mobile.

MasterMinds

hell boy
The same has happened to me too....! It was working fine few days means 2-3 days back but now the **** has happened

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom