Orkut+Indian Politics=You in Jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Tech2 said:
An obscene message about Congress party chief Sonia Gandhi on Orkut has landed a Gurgaon youth in prison. The message was allegedly posted on a community called "I hate Sonia Gandhi."

The probe began when a Pune Congress activist saw the message and notified the authorities, who in turn asked Google to provide them with the IP address of the person who posted the message. On receiving this information from Google the police found the 'perpetrator' - 22-year-old Rahul Krishnakumar Vaid.

Vaid worked for PC Solutions, an IT company in Gurgaon and was arrested from his home. He has been charged under Section 67 of the Information Technology Act 2000 and remanded to custody till the 21st of May.

Source

wtf! :x google is such a $%^&*

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
am out of orkut now, yay...happy time :D

kahi ab phorum phi search karna shuru na karde :rolleyes:

legolas

Padawan
He has been charged under Section 67 of the Information Technology Act 2000 and remanded to custody till the 21st of May.
what is this section about? Can they arrest just for writing something on the internet?? uff... she must be in the US!! :p oh wait.. am I going to be arrested?

This only shows - there is no country with perfect laws. You open your mouth and you are arrested in India, you rip a CD and you are arrestred in the US, you spit and you are arrested in singapore, etc etc.

I think the person can make counter case against Sonia Gandhi, by quoting some statement of Sonia Gandhi and calling it defamation.

Vyasram

The pWnster
I hate Amol Bhokare .... sue this.

BTW, orkut's wikipedia page is not protected yet!

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orkut

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Section 67 of IT Act given below
67. Publishing of information which is obscene in electronic form. - Whoever publishes or transmits or causes to be published in the electronic form, any material which is lascivious or appeal to the prurient interest or if its effect is such as to tend to deprave and corrupt persons who are likely, having regard to all relevant circumstances, to read, see or hear the matter contained or embodied in it, shall be punished on first conviction with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to five years and with fine which may extend to one lakh rupees and in the event of a second or subsequent conviction with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to ten years and also with fine which may extend to two lakh rupees.

He must have obviously posted something very interesting to deserve that.

I think the person can make counter case against Sonia Gandhi, by quoting some statement of Sonia Gandhi and calling it defamation.

Good Luck with that.

din

Tribal Boy
So making a community like - I hate Mr.abcd - is a crime ?

I remember someone making an "I hate XXXXX" community ( XXXXX being the name of an SFI leader - a lady) in Orkut and Kerala Police arrested two people behind it and newspapers gave confusing reasons - some said it is coz of the community they created, some says they created fake profile of the lady etc. anyway do not know what happened to them.

[Edit]

After re-reading the first post -"An obscene message about ..."

Hmm, in that case I think the guy deserve it.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
I don't know what you people are miffed about? He posted not his 'opinion' but an 'obscene' message, which is a crime. So it is obvious that he will face some action for it.

And what wrong with the title? Why 'Politics'? just because Sonia Gandhi is a politician? Few months back there were similar cases where some obscene messages were posted by someone about a girl. Isn't this a similar case? At that time, when the culprits were caught, people applauded with appreciation. Now the same thing happens to Sonia Gandhi and you start blaming 'Indian politics'? Excuse me, but which nation will tolerate its citizens posting obscene messages about high-command leaders?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I don't know what you people are miffed about? He posted not his 'opinion' but an 'obscene' message, which is a crime. So it is obvious that he will face some action for it.

And what wrong with the title? Why 'Politics'? just because Sonia Gandhi is a politician? Few months back there were similar cases where some obscene messages were posted by someone about a girl. Isn't this a similar case? At that time, when the culprits were caught, people applauded with appreciation. Now the same thing happens to Sonia Gandhi and you start blaming 'Indian politics'? Excuse me, but which nation will tolerate its citizens posting obscene messages about high-command leaders?

it doesnt take a crack to twist the meaning of a harmless sentence.

Nobody cares when a politician abuses other politician, only the weak is captured to fun around. Why so ?

If a word inflict so much insult then these netas should be mature enuf to indulge into their work rather than peeking into a dark corner in net to take out an unlucky *******.

Jaha chappal quarrel hota ho sansad mein, waha morals ki baat hi chhod do.

Take an example of George Bush. Check out the uncyclopedia page abt Bush. Why the hell its still up there. Why hasn't he sued them or filed a case ?

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

i hate u does not constitute to an obscene message, obscene=offensive or disgusting by accepted standards of morality, I hate you is an opinion not offesive or disgusting ;) secondly the title is so because, last time around a major maharashtrian political party also did something similar, where in they went all out against cafes

i hate u does not constitute to an obscene message, obscene=offensive or disgusting by accepted standards of morality, I hate you is an opinion not offesive or disgusting ;) secondly the title is so because, last time around a major maharashtrian political party also did something similar, where in they went all out against cafes
the problem with these loosers who run the government and the laws they make is that what they concider obscene is not anything to us.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I don't think making a I hate XYZ group is the crime here, it's the obscene message or post, lets not mix the two. Ferrdom of speech is a good thing, but that does not mean you abuse it to talk crap, unless you have sure evidence.

din

Tribal Boy
Read the post again

An obscene message about Congress party chief Sonia Gandhi on Orkut has landed a Gurgaon youth in prison. The message was allegedly posted on a community called "I hate Sonia Gandhi."

It is not about the I hate community. It is about the obscene message

We do not know what the guy wrote, whatever it is, it is not a good thing to write obscene message about any woman. No need to mix politics. Suppose someone make an obscene comment about a woman who is our relative or close friend or someone whom we know very well. How will we feel then ?

I think he deserve it. No doubt.

Last edited:

prem4u

Old is Gold
there are lots of communities... I Hate India.. I hate this...I hate that....like that..

Why they dont take action on those guys also.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom