Orkut+Indian Politics=You in Jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
yeah..there are lot of P0rkistan Zindabaad communities who are responsible for that :rolleyes: I even saw a community(obviously Islamist) where they "plan to" merge whole afghan,pakistan,INDIA,bangladesh etc etc to form a big country like EU!First I thought ki kya baat hai,waise to achcha idea hai,BUT...they want this for making whole above countries to be in ISLAM! :x wow!

NucleusKore

TheSaint
yeah..there are lot of P0rkistan Zindabaad communities who are responsible for that :rolleyes: I even saw a community(obviously Islamist) where they "plan to" merge whole afghan,pakistan,INDIA,bangladesh etc etc to form a big country like EU!First I thought ki kya baat hai,waise to achcha idea hai,BUT...they want this for making whole above countries to be in ISLAM! :x wow!

This is not the ideology of a small group of people, unfortunately. Many are supporters in silence. The aim of most of these is to have something that surpasses the Ottoman Empire (remember they reached Spain !). On one side you have Malaysia and Indonesia, on the other Pakistan et al (to the West), so that leaves us "infidels" in the middle.
*farm3.static.flickr.com/2180/2122604477_1f3f245df7_o.png

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
i hate u does not constitute to an obscene message, obscene=offensive or disgusting by accepted standards of morality, I hate you is an opinion not offesive or disgusting ;) secondly the title is so because, last time around a major maharashtrian political party also did something similar, where in they went all out against cafes
The name of the community was 'I hate sonia gandhi', not the message. Message was some obscene message.

Pat

Beyond Smart
Apparently he posted some obscene images of Mahatma Gandhi and Sonia Gandhi!

This is precisely what happened to 22-year-old IT professional Rahul Krishnakumar Vaid from Gurgaon, Haryana who was arrested by the Pune police for posting derogatory content about Congress chief Sonia Gandhi and Mahatma Gandhi on an orkut community named — “I hate Sonia Gandhi”.

*www.expressindia.com/latest-news/G...essages-against-Sonia-Gandhi-on-Orkut/311070/

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
The name of the community was 'I hate sonia gandhi', not the message. Message was some obscene message.

Read the post again

An obscene message about Congress party chief Sonia Gandhi on Orkut has landed a Gurgaon youth in prison. The message was allegedly posted on a community called "I hate Sonia Gandhi."

It is not about the I hate community. It is about the obscene message

We do not know what the guy wrote, whatever it is, it is not a good thing to write obscene message about any woman. No need to mix politics. Suppose someone make an obscene comment about a woman who is our relative or close friend or someone whom we know very well. How will we feel then ?

I think he deserve it. No doubt.
my bad

utsav

damn busy...
india ki democracy aur freedom of speech bahut limited hai .sahi baat bhi politicians ko nehi pachti :lol:

nvidia

-----ATi-----
There are so many hate communities in Orkut. Whats the logic behind punishing someone for expressing his/her opinion? Google shouldnt have provided any information on this matter:mad:

Btw, Orkut sux big time.:D

din

Tribal Boy
@nvidia

Read the posts above. It is not about hate communities. It is about the obscene messages posted about a lady.

Expressing opinion is ok, but making obscene comments and posting obscene messages - surely NOT ok.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Seriously there nothing like net neutrality in this country!
Aur orkut ke baare mein kuch na hi boley to badhiya hai.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Do u all know the case of that guy who was wrongly put under the custody due to Airtel mistake ?

How can u be dead sure that next time u cant be scapegoat ?

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
on a serious and legal note, what protections does a blogger have in India?

I hate Orkut and hv opted out of it.
BTW everybody has the right to express his feeling.
So whr is the need to arrest some one if he/she express his/her feeling

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
i know this is a rather noobish question

how did they trace it back to the guy who wrote the message ? i thought all of us get dynamic ips. and even if they do record time of allocation , how are they sure that was the guy who wrote the message ?

Hrithan2020

In the zone
This is a really serious issue considering that google has all the info abt the searches we do;what we mail,we scrap or post in communities(in gmail,orkut,google search). Remember the arrests of chinese dissidents with some help from yahoo.It is said that Microsoft & Google store this info for 18 months, while yahoo does it for 13.

Have a doubt, if u have a dynamic ip and delete ur cookies would google be able to keep track? It can only track the ip right using cookies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom