Status
Not open for further replies.

subratabera

Just another linux lover.
Please help me on Anjuta issue....

/usr/lib/anjuta/libanjuta_sample1.so
/usr/lib/anjuta/libanjuta_clsGen.so
/usr/lib/anjuta/libanjuta_patch.so

Try to disable Anjuta plugins...(or delete the files mentioned above (backup first) )...

BTW, this is due to a bug in Anjuta...and this can only be solved by rebuilding Anjuta (or upgrade to latest version)...

*bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/anjuta/+bug/85448

Last edited:

vaithy

In the zone
OOps!!

burnt my fingers..
I have downloaded the kde version of 10.3(64 bit) for my compaq AMD athlon laptop, and opted for enabling online repositories during the installation.. after installing morethan 2. G.B softwares from internet as well as from the CD, it directly go to reboot without asking me where the bootloader to installed?

My existing grub bootloader which used to load Vista alongwith four operating systems (Ubuntu-7.10,Pclinux-2007,granular linux,Sabayon 3.4))not found.instead windows bootmanager is warning me that it could not load vista due to corrupt file,
In my three year experience with linux and installed hundred times in my desktop with mine different distros along with Windows XP I never seen a single linux distro that damaged windows file systems ...
In a hurry I installed another distro Mandriva-2008(RC) in the partition where I allotted Suse 10.3 installation,,and edited the menu.lst file to bring my other distros in the boot loader..However vista is still unbootable it want to reinstall the system,,

Last edited:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
You can boot via the Vista DVD and try the fixing solutions provided within to fix your boot issue and then re-install GRUB. The issue is not with Linux but actually the way Vista Bootloader operates, it creates a lot of fuss sometimes when GRUB precedes it.

Or alternatively, I think there are a few softwares too which help restore Vista's bootloader, not sure of their names cause I've'nt used any.

vaithy

In the zone
Thank you Qwerty Maniac,

Compacq didn't give any Vista DVD, however there is a Recovery Partition is there. Further when i first time booted in to vista I made recovery DVD.. So I'll try it,,
However I've already tried the 10-3 's Rc versions in my desktop found no issue.it booted well and fast, so I expect the final version to be completely bug free..hmmm..whether any other user try it in their 64bit version ?

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
^^ Boot into the SuSE DVD. Start installation.

Then you will be asked a question, new install, upgrade or more options.

Under more options, you will find 2 more options, repair installed system and boot installed system.

You can either repair the system (repair tool has a GUI) and reinstall GRUB or you can boot installed system and configure GRUB using whatever tools you want.

subratabera said:
/usr/lib/anjuta/libanjuta_sample1.so
/usr/lib/anjuta/libanjuta_clsGen.so
/usr/lib/anjuta/libanjuta_patch.so

Try to disable Anjuta plugins...(or delete the files mentioned above (backup first) )...

BTW, this is due to a bug in Anjuta...and this can only be solved by rebuilding Anjuta (or upgrade to latest version)...

*bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/anjuta/+bug/85448

Thanks for the advice. I also found that and I installed the previous version (one that came with SuSE 10.2) and now it's running fine.

Once over with my work, I will go for 2.2.1

Aditya

Last edited:

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
Guys... I wrote an installation review. I know my writing skills are not very good, but still if you wanna try then OpenSuSE 10.3 installation review.

I will soon write the next part.

Aditya Shevade

vaithy

In the zone
well, While the partitioning begin, Open Suse not able to read my partition table and warn me about my 'partition table is not understandable and no modification, add, delete, edit can be made. I can format existing partition and install system.'. perhaps this may be the reason for my failure.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Hey can anyone tell me where to find drivers for my Realtek High Definition Audio on my lappy...it is Intel ICH8...82810H...

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Ankur Gupta said:
yes it has installed the soundcard drivers but unfortunately I cant hear any sound...
Check alsamix,kmix, sound mixer, whatever to see if everything is unmuted.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
^^Done all that..
I dont get mute/unmute option for Master and PCM in alsamixer...i get it only for Off hook and Caller 1...The laptop also shows volume muted...cant find a way to unmute it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom