openSUSE 10.3 Available Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
aditya.shevade said:
BSNL HomeUL 900 sucks.... :-(
Doesn't ;)

Try using something Limited and you'll realize the pain :) You'll get into peace/equilibrium with your connection (I too use the same) soon enough :)

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
^^.... I guess so. Limited sucks. But that does not mean that I cannot say 900 is not good. And it is still stuck at 256kbps. While, the home-500 night U/L has 2mbps. So 24 hours of 256kbps is less than those 6 night hours with 2mbps.... :-|

It's like, if you get firstclass. What you are saying is, be happy, you have passed, not second class. What I am saying is, I need distinction.

Still on 87%. Laptop on for around 50 hours.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Nice post as usual,Thanks for the info.

Though I wait for 14th, coz as far as SUSE concern, after updating kernel I have a major problem in 10.2 and need to uninstall....but in *buntu there is no such problem,
Hope *buntu will come up KDE4 so I can use the amarok 2.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Kubuntu 7.10 Beta has a new version of Amarok with a totally new design .. and Dolphin too. Not sure if its using KDE4 but I just heard these stuff.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Yeah not officially but its available (KDE4 Beta 2) in the repos:
*kubuntu.org/announcements/kde4-beta2.php

Applicable to Gutsy too.

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Hmm when will that Amarok will get launched ? How can I get it if its available :? I installed it via apt-get but I got the 1 i.e old I want this new 1 :)

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Dark Star said:
Hmm when will that Amarok will get launched ? How can I get it if its available :? I installed it via apt-get but I got the 1 i.e old I want this new 1 :)
Won't recommend it but you can try the SVN. But if it uses KDE4 libs, you won't be able to run it. Best would be to follow the entire KDE4 thing I mentioned above and get it on Kubuntu.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
abtom said:
guyz,this distro is the largest of all till the date i think....4.10 GB!!
Then I hope Digit provides it next month.BTW don't you guys think the CD that they provide is complete waste I mean they can give another DVD(single layered) instead of that CD.

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
Downloaded and installed.

Now I have one problem. Anjuta is not loading it's modules.

An error log comes that says,

Code:
ERROR: Unable to load plugin /usr/lib/anjuta/libanjuta_sample1.so.
Error: /usr/lib/anjuta/libanjuta_sample1.so: undefined symbol: anjuta_info_show_list
Code:
ERROR: Unable to load plugin /usr/lib/anjuta/libanjuta_clsGen.so.
Error: /usr/lib/anjuta/libanjuta_clsGen.so: undefined symbol: anjuta_preferences_get_type
and
Code:
ERROR: Unable to load plugin /usr/lib/anjuta/libanjuta_patch.so.
Error: /usr/lib/anjuta/libanjuta_patch.so: undefined symbol: app

What to do? I need anjuta urgently. I am developing a project in it which is to be submitted by Monday morning 9am.

Please please suggest something. I am reinstalling Anjuta to see what happens, but I don't think it will be of much help. So please help me.

Aditya

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Is it any better then PCLinux OS for a slim external HD OS installation for using in cyber cafes or Friends computers over USB boot with Low RAM usage as a requirment

Last edited:

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
It is cool... But I think I like 10.2 better.

1). Default focus model is that every time a change happens on a window, it pops up. Very irritating while installing S/W.
2). Anjuta not working... big problem for me.
3). I don't like this new look of Yast Software management. It is a little fast, but the QT frontend was way too better for package searching and managing.

Please help me on Anjuta issue.... :-(

Aditya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom