Online shopping or buy locally? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackass96

Broken In
Guys im confused which is more efficient online shopping or local shopping?. Becoz some are said that online shoping is a best option. And some are saying that the price of local shopping is little bit less than online shopping? So which way is more efficent? :)

Cilus

laborare est orare
Look, there isn't any direct answer to your questions. The preference depends upon three things:
1. Availability
2. Pricing
3. Reliability and service.

If in your locality's computer market all the products are available with almost same price as in the Online shops then it's convenient to buy from local shops as it's easier, there is always chance to bargain and sometime local shops also provide good after-sale service.
But if any product isn't available in your area or having very high price then you can look for the Online shopping options.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think he wants to buy a HD6850 ( or some other components may be ) ;-)
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/155816-max-43k-mid-range-gaming-pc-help.html

techiemaharaj

--> Techie - Maharaj
It depends,
Basically If the shops are too far or something from your place, then you can add up all the transportation costs, etc. etc. and then u'll find that the Free Shipping offers from some places like Flipkart, SMC etc are much cheaper !

OP
J

Jackass96

Broken In
Correct @topgear but i want to buy MSI AMD/ATI R6850 Cyclone 1GD5 Power Edition/OC 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card which is not available in my area :( thats why im asking it. And im noob in online shopping :D

Sarath

iDota
If it is not available locally, it makes all the more sense to buy it online. Check for online stores who:

1. Have some experience online
2. Are ready to ship it to your area

Check this thread > *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/shopping/155891-compiling-list-online-computer-stores.html

saswat23

Human Spambot
The HD 6850 Cyclone is currently availalve cheapest for 9.5k at flipkart. Get it from 'em with COD option. Just keep ur cash ready for delivery.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ HD6850 Cyclone is Out of stock on flipkart but if you want you can get a HD6850 from theitwares/SMC at 8.6k - it's the one I'm using ( look at my siggy ) ;-)

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
Hi All
I think online shopping is good. Because now a days, we dont have enough time to go to supermarket and wait in queue for 2-3 hours to pay the bill, like grocery shopping. It is the basic need to everyone. But we waste a lot of time on purchasing these necessary items. If we can get these items online with free home delivery on same price then it would be convenient to us. What do you say??
Its true that you can bargain with local suppliers, but in online you can also get lot of offers. You can't bargain in supermarket, they sell the items on MRP, so if you get the same items on MRP at your home then what will you prefer??
I am from Hyderabad, there is a site Carrymart.com . They are selling all the grocery items, cosmetics, utensils and more on MRP. But they are also giving offers, packages. I would say to check their site and comare the prices with supermarket price+transport charges. Then you you will automatically get the idea which one is better.

are you aware that this a PC hardware discussion thread ,we are not bargaing about grocery. right?

Hrishi

are you aware that this a PC hardware discussion thread ,we are not bargaing about grocery. right?

Thats correct , but bargaining is possible in Computer products too.
You will get a good taste of bargaining when you pay a visit to Nehru Palace.
Bragining for computer product isn't something negative , afterall :lol:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom