one v vs desire s

rishabh

Broken In
getting both the phones @ same price i.e. 17k odd.
which one to go for? will both get jellybean update? did desire s get ice cream sandwich?

desire s IS AVAILABLE AT BUYTHEPRICE

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
Desire s is an outdated and discontinued model from htc. But some says it performs better than HTC One V. I would recommend you to buy a new model One V, it has an incredible 5 MP camera.. shoots nice in low light with 2.0/f aperture and pre-loaded ICS.

rider

as Kratos
oh! sorry there is no card slot in Xperia P, i got confuse. :oops:

Xperia Sola is best choice then, Its of 18k on ebay.in he can apply coupon if you have any LINK

The only problem is with sola is poor battery life, 1350mAh in a dual core phone :shock:

Hrishi

HTC One V is a better choice and plus you will get updates for it as well.
Btw , I am going to order one for my friend from Buytheprice @16,500 INR.

techlover

In the zone
oh! sorry there is no card slot in Xperia P, i got confuse. :oops:

Xperia Sola is best choice then, Its of 18k on ebay.in he can apply coupon if you have any LINK

The only problem is with sola is poor battery life, 1350mAh in a dual core phone :shock:

Dual core phone manage battery more efficiently :p
and will give more battery backup than single core phone :p

rider

as Kratos
Okay! but some user comments on flipkart are giving negative feedback about battery. HTC One V has 10hrs of 3G talktime compare to dual core xperia sola's 5 hours.

techlover

In the zone
Okay! but some user comments on flipkart are giving negative feedback about battery. HTC One V has 10hrs of 3G talktime compare to dual core xperia sola's 5 hours.

Well i think u didnt get me ...i was raising the point that dual core phone manage battery more efficiently than single core phones ....

ofcourse One V has a better battery than Sola ...but Sola also doesnt have a very bad battery :p

here is one excerpt which i read
"dual-core” phones can delegate simple tasks to one core, while directing more-complex (and more-power-hungry) tasks to the other core. If the phone is doing only simple tasks--such as sending text messages or running the calculator--on one core, the other core can power down, thereby saving battery life.""

rider

as Kratos
Well i think u didnt get me ...i was raising the point that dual core phone manage battery more efficiently than single core phones ....

ofcourse One V has a better battery than Sola ...but Sola also doesnt have a very bad battery :p

"dual-core” phones can delegate simple tasks to one core, while directing more-complex (and more-power-hungry) tasks to the other core. If the phone is doing only simple tasks--such as sending text messages or running the calculator--on one core, the other core can power down, thereby saving battery life.""

hmm.. just like intel/amd PC processors.

But in high performing works like browsing, it will use both processors.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Dual core phone manage battery more efficiently :p
and will give more battery backup than single core phone :p

not always true. Cortex A5 based mobiles will beat most Scorpion based processor in terms of battery life as well as efficiency.

this depends on the task scheduler. One can't simply ask one core to count 1 to 100 and ask the second core to find the multiplication of a matrix of complex numbers. Real world operations work differently.

If the task is simple, one core will be used whereas the second core will be power gated (power will be cut off) or run at low clock to save power. And when the task is heavy/complicated both cores will divide and share out the work. But not all processors allows this. AFAIK, Exynos doesn't allow this. Qualcomm Krait do.

aroraanant

Explorer
One V camera is lil bit better than Desire and also One V has got a lil better looks apart from that Desire S is better than One V.

Top Bottom