One Final Competition: THE BEST O.S.

Which is the best O.S.?

• GNU/Linux (all kernels, LIVE CDs, etc..)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FreeBSD (and other UNIX platforms)

• MAC OS

• Sun Solaris

• Others..

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

damnthenet

Journeyman
Undoubtfully Windows will clinch the first place. To the best of my very knowledge, MAC OS is also awesome. But due to its restriction for APPLE MAC PCs (I assume), it's certain not to find the first place.
Daniel Moses

rohanbee

Padawan
WE have shifted our office servers on linux and things have become much better for us. It is more stable and hack proof than our windows based systems.
Though i still prefer windows but it is totally out of lack of knowledge of the Linux or other operating systems.

The all time great though still has to be the Mac OS, i remember 15 years back they had plug and play which windows still hadn't thought off. Their simplistic os/interface made them one of the most popular computers ever.

shaunak

Tux Fan
well just bcoz linix is free it dosnt mean its the best. linix lacks user frendlyness, applications (games esp), and importantly hardware support.(my modem, speakers, tv card is not detected in red hat)
plus in the long run linix does cost u money.(enterprise and server editons)

last word: windows rox

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
I have always used windows xp and its quite good. recently i tried lindows .it was my first and a great experience with linux. but can anyone tell me what are the advantages of linux over other os specially windows?

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
shaunak said:
well just bcoz linix is free it dosnt mean its the best. linix lacks user frendlyness, applications (games esp), and importantly hardware support.(my modem, speakers, tv card is not detected in red hat)

.....you completely ignored the documentation and attempted to install the OS by the seat of your pants. The installation is a failure; Linux simply cannot work with the WinModem, WinSoundCard, WinIDEController, WinPrinter, WinMonitor, and WinDRAM that came with your "Windows 98 Ready" machine from CompUSSR....... You need Real Hardware to run Real Operating Systems

*humorix.org/articles/1999/11/user-evolution/

shaunak said:
plus in the long run linix does cost u money.(enterprise and server editons)
Why? you dont want to spend money to get quality software?? How do you think RedHat is going to pay its employees?

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Why am I not surprised that this has degenerated into a Windows vs Linux thread. No matter what stickys exist on fanboyism still they continue to persist. Sheesh...futile efforts! To each his own!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom