One completly strange problem - check out

Status
Not open for further replies.

demoninside

In the zone
Hey guys,
this is one of my friends prob,
when ever we add any other hard disk other then his,
it either get crashed, or get internally socked, or get any error that after that it doesn't even work. not even get recognised by the system,
any idea guys,
one more thing his hdd work fine in any IDE & power slote it's only with others HDD,
So help me out to find out.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Let me get this straight first - do you mean that the other HDDs get permanently damaged and don't work anymore even in another computer ?

OP
D

demoninside

In the zone
pimpom said:
Let me get this straight first - do you mean that the other HDDs get permanently damaged and don't work anymore even in another computer ?

Ya that's the prob
and it have been happened to 5 HDD'd till now

technoteen

Journeyman
are you properly doing the jumper setting on your secondary hard disk?
have you checked your friends bios for any such thing?
try installing the second harddisk to secondary ide cable and keeping his hard disk in primary ide
i dont abt it but can it be due to some virus?

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Now thats scary.............. It happened to me but my new hdd formatted it and i cud use it. U r supposed to check the jumper settings that messes with the hdd so check it out. Im sure itll be fine.

OP
D

demoninside

In the zone
no yaar the problem is that once u add any HDD to his system,
that wouldn't work any where on any system,
u need to replace it or get it repaired,
so guess nothing to do with BIOS or Jumper,
coz it only happens to other HDD, mean other then hi own,
no matter what slot u apply,
or wht u make that HDD,
primary slave, sec Master, sec Slave,
nothing works.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Sorry about the late reply. You've already eliminated the possibility of cables. Another possibility is your BIOS setting.

If the HDD type and access mode are set to manual in the BIOS of your friend's computer, and these do not match the drives you were trying to add, the system will fail to recognize them. If you fiddled with the partitioning under different access modes, this may damage the information needed to read the drives properly, even by another computer.

What you can try : Set the HDD detection and access mode to Auto and see if it recognises the HDD. You may also need to restore the master boot record with a Windows startup disk and use the Fdisk/MBR command.

However, these processes are NOT trivial ones that you should idly play with, especially the MBR. Better do it with only the damaged drive connected, and only if it does not contain vital data. Otherwise take the drives to a local pro. Sometimes it's difficult to solve a problen through a forum - too many facts and factors that have to be exchanged back and forth.

OP
D

demoninside

In the zone
hey thanx for reply guys,
i guess u r not getting the problem correctly,
i mean if any HDD i connect to his system other then his own,
i gets down, means it is not recognmisable under any system after that,
i have checked BIOS every thing is fine,
but don't know why is this happening, it's notthat his system not recognising,it's no system includeing his system recognice after once we have connected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom