In the zone
I hv bought a new PC with the following configurations:

AMD X4 635
Gigabyte 785 GMT-US2H
4 GB Corsair XMS3 (1600 mhz) ram
1 TB Seagate 7200 rpm
Corsair CX400
Bijli cabinet

Yesterday I installed Win7 Ultimate on it. When I checked the system performance, it was showing Score -1. Which is the lowest.

1. Pls tell why is it so when the mobo has onboard 4200 graphics and I am using 4 GB Ram?

2. When my system boots, it tells that DDR3 is running in UNGAGED mode 1066.

I am also attaching the system file showing all the hardware details for help.

system info.nfo

3. My mobo has only one port for Keyboard and mouse. Is there any cable to make it two?

4. Whenever the system boots, it asks Sata is found running in IDE mode and asks if you want to change it to AHCI mode. Press Y or N. Pls tell what to do?

Basic information

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name SEHGAL-PC
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model GA-MA785GMT-US2H
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 635 Processor, 2900 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. F3, 11/30/2009
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16385"
User Name Sehgal-PC\Sehgal
Time Zone India Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 3.50 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.90 GB
Total Virtual Memory 7.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 6.35 GB
Page File Space 3.50 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

*img705.imageshack.us/img705/1571/18312300.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
*img683.imageshack.us/i/18312300.png/

*img42.imageshack.us/img42/6792/pc1md.jpg

*img683.imageshack.us/img683/1571/18312300.png
*img42.imageshack.us/img42/6792/pc1md.jpg

saswat23

Human Spambot
is it original and legal copy of windows 7.
Coz in 64-Bit it is showing that only 3.5gb of 4gb is usable where as in 64-Bit full 4gb should used. I mean atleast 3.8-3.9gb should be use. The 64-Bit is working like the 32-Bit.

OP
rohitshakti2

rohitshakti2

In the zone
I have taken it from one of my friend who had downloaded it when it was given free by Microsoft. He is still using it. I am having the original WinXP 32 bit but I have not installed it on my PC as it is 32 bit OS.

Monitor - 15" CRT (OLD) HCL
PSU - CX400
Speaker 2.1 channel Umax

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I hv bought a new PC with the following configurations:

AMD X4 635
Gigabyte 785 GMT-US2H
4 GB Corsair XMS3 (1600 mhz) ram
1 TB Seagate 7200 rpm
Corsair CX400
Bijli cabinet

first of all congrats on the purchase.

Yesterday I installed Win7 Ultimate on it. When I checked the system performance, it was showing Score -1. Which is the lowest.

have you installed AMD Catalyst drivers? latest ones or the one that came in the disc with the board?

1. Pls tell why is it so when the mobo has onboard 4200 graphics and I am using 4 GB Ram?

not sure. maybe driver problem.

unganged but 1066Mhz. thats strange.

3. My mobo has only one port for Keyboard and mouse. Is there any cable to make it two?

usb mouse.

4. Whenever the system boots, it asks Sata is found running in IDE mode and asks if you want to change it to AHCI mode. Press Y or N. Pls tell what to do?

same msg was shown. select No. cause if i remember well, i got error & PC failed to boot when i choose AHCI mode.

Basic information

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name SEHGAL-PC
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model GA-MA785GMT-US2H
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 635 Processor, 2900 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. F3, 11/30/2009
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16385"
User Name Sehgal-PC\Sehgal
Time Zone India Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 3.50 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.90 GB
Total Virtual Memory 7.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 6.35 GB
Page File Space 3.50 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

3.5Gb usable maybe cause 512Mb is used a graphics memory. also please don't discuss about piracy, as mods will close the thread.

Cilus

laborare est orare
I think your OS is 32 bit, not a 64 bit version. Because if you install a 64 bit Win 7, in the time of installation it will ask you which version is to be installed...32 bit or 64 bit. That's why the Ram is showing a little less as you mentioned it is showing total available Physical memory as 3.5 GB which is the limitation of 32 bit OS.

Regarding onboard graphics, did you install all the motherboard drivers properly? Please download the latest Integrated Graphics driver from AMD's officla site and install it.

Ram running in UNGanged mode is ok, even my case they run in Unganged mode. in fact it is a more optimized implentation of dual channel which maintains two 64-bit memory buses but allows independent access to each channel, in support of multithreading with multi-core processors.

But your ram is underclocked. So you need to go to your BIOS and set the multiplier of ram to 8 to run the ram in 1600 MHz speed. Check the reference book supplied with your motherbopard.

And SATA is running in IDE mode is also ok. It means it is not using any RAID setting and runs each of the HDD as separate unit. It does not reduce the speed of SATA to IDE level.

same msg was shown. select No. cause if i remember well, i got error & PC failed to boot when i choose AHCI mode.
Sam, if your OS was installed in IDE mode, then it will fail to load if changed to AHCI mode. For this u have to install OS after setting the HDD as AHCI mode.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Move it to AHCI mode = YES.

Reset the CMOS. And have you mounted the DIMMs on the same colored slots..?

OP
rohitshakti2

rohitshakti2

In the zone
first of all congrats on the purchase.

have you installed AMD Catalyst drivers? latest ones or the one that came in the disc with the board?

not sure. maybe driver problem.

unganged but 1066Mhz. thats strange.

usb mouse.

3.5Gb usable maybe cause 512Mb is used a graphics memory.

What are AMD Catalyst drivers, do they come inside the motherboard cd. Pls also tell from where to get the ATI latest drivers?

Isn't there any converter to convert/ splitter that converts the single K.board point in two.

I have kept the BIOS settings to default and have not changed anything yet.

What is AHCI mode and what is it used for? Mr. Singh is telling to do Yes and Sam is telling for No. Contradictory.

I think your OS is 32 bit, not a 64 bit version. Because if you install a 64 bit Win 7, in the time of installation it will ask you which version is to be installed...32 bit or 64 bit. That's why the Ram is showing a little less as you mentioned it is showing total available Physical memory as 3.5 GB which is the limitation of 32 bit OS.

Regarding onboard graphics, did you install all the motherboard drivers properly? Please download the latest Integrated Graphics driver from AMD's officla site and install it.

Ram running in UNGanged mode is ok, even my case they run in Unganged mode. in fact it is a more optimized implentation of dual channel which maintains two 64-bit memory buses but allows independent access to each channel, in support of multithreading with multi-core processors.

But your ram is underclocked. So you need to go to your BIOS and set the multiplier of ram to 8 to run the ram in 1600 MHz speed. Check the reference book supplied with your motherbopard.

And SATA is running in IDE mode is also ok. It means it is not using any RAID setting and runs each of the HDD as separate unit. It does not reduce the speed of SATA to IDE level.

When I had installed win7, it had asked me if I would like to install 32 bit or 64 bit.

The ram is in single 4GB module. In the BIOS settings, there was settings as shown here: Currently I have put it to auto. Should I change it?

*img146.imageshack.us/img146/1667/4903849222a85cd79448.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

If I download the latest bios and drivers (the last updated file on Gigabyte site) will it contain all the earlier datas of previous bios and drivers?

Secondly, if I install winXP too, will i have to put the drivers etc again in XP if Win7 is working?

saswat23

Human Spambot

But from the pic its clear that OS is 64-Bit.

I think the problem is with OS.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
What are AMD Catalyst drivers, do they come inside the motherboard cd. Pls also tell from where to get the ATI latest drivers?

they come with the mobo/AMD GPU cd. but they are quite old. get it from here: ATI Catalyst Drivers 11.3 Vista. new drivers released today :)

Isn't there any converter to convert/ splitter that converts the single K.board point in two.

no. but USB to PS2 conver is available everywhere. or the opposite too.

What is AHCI mode and what is it used for? Mr. Singh is telling to do Yes and Sam is telling for No. Contradictory.

i think Cilus already cleared it. choose yes & install Win7 again as it failed to boot in my case. or choose no & retain your installation.

The ram is in single 4GB module. In the BIOS settings, there was settings as shown here: Currently I have put it to auto. Should I change it?

what ram speed is shown in BIOS? & download CPU_Z & post a screenshot of the memory tab.

lowering multiplier will only lower the clock (helps in overclocking).

If I download the latest bios and drivers (the last updated file on Gigabyte site) will it contain all the earlier datas of previous bios and drivers?

download BIOS only. not driver. yes it'll just update it. use the driver link i gave at the start of this post.

Secondly, if I install winXP too, will i have to put the drivers etc again in XP if Win7 is working?

only Catalyst driver & the realtek audio drivers. BIOS once updated doesn't require any more update.

I have just confirmed from my friend that windows 7 is genuine.

but the license is in his name i guess. how can you use his disc?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ rohitshakti2

Your os is 64 bit and not 32 bit. The 4200 igp is using 512mb as vram cause it does not have its own dedicated memory and shares system memory. No prob there. After adding a discrete card, your system will use full 4gb.

As cilus said, increase the ram multiplier in the bios to get full 1600mhz.

Try doing what sam mentioned and post back.

utkarsh009

In the zone
@OP: sorry! i was busy watching the match. IDE mode works fine. i tried to install win7-32bit in AHCI mode but failed to do so. my system is only able to utilize approx. 3GB ram but dxdiag surprisingly reports graphics memory to be near 2GB (will check tomorrow and tell the exact value) and yes install all drivers from the drivers from mobo driver cd and everything should work fine.)

ajai5777

Youngling
Me too was busy watching the match.Put the memory modules in the same coloured slots as asing suggested also flash the bios to the latest version.The latest AMD catalyst drives should fix the graphics problem.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
You need to install AMD/ATi Catalyst driver from here: *www.filehippo.com/download_ati_catalyst_vista_64/ (64-bit)

My Intel GMA 950 managed more than score than that, lol. And it is one of the worst IGPs around.

Let us forget about discussing the 'genuineness' of the Windows installation for a while.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ Op - first of download and install all the latest drivers ( specially IGP ) mentioned on above posts.

Ans : you have 512MB ram as shared for your IGP under bios setting and that's why windows is showing 3.5GB as usable.

to get better scores just re-run the test again by clicking on Re-Run The Assesment and it will update gfx score ;-)

Ans : change the multiplier and set it to x8 under bios setting.

Ans. Use a USB mouse - they are damn cheap - so don't hesitate to get one

Keep it in IDE mode by selecting No and should fine with your rig ;-)

OP
rohitshakti2

rohitshakti2

In the zone
@ Op - first of download and install all the latest drivers ( specially IGP ) mentioned on above posts.

Ans : you have 512MB ram as shared for your IGP under bios setting and that's why windows is showing 3.5GB as usable.

to get better scores just re-run the test again by clicking on Re-Run The Assesment and it will update gfx score ;-)

Ans : change the multiplier and set it to x8 under bios setting.

Ans. Use a USB mouse - they are damn cheap - so don't hesitate to get one

Keep it in IDE mode by selecting No and should fine with your rig ;-)

Thanks to all the members for their help. Yesterday, I formatted my full system and reinstated the XP and Win7 in dual boot.

Then I updated the drivers (ATI) from the CD and then from the links given by ICO.

Then again I checked the PC rating and now it is showing 4.1 :razz: instead of earlier 1. Is this 4.1 rating OK with only the onboard graphics as I donot have any graphic card.

I have made the following changes in the bios and the PC is running at 3.1 ghz. But did'nt had time to check its stability. But it is working OK for the last 4 hrs.

CPU Clock Ratio - Auto
CPU North Bridge Frequency - Auto
CPU Frequency - 215 (changed from 200 to 215)
PCIE CLock - Auto
HT Link - Auto
HT Frequency - Auto
Mem clock 6.66 (when I increase it to 8.0 X, the PC tells that it cannot boot due to incorrect overclocking). - But not able to understand it as my ram is 1600 mhz.
DRam Mode - Unganged
D Ram Timing - Auto
Voltage Normal
DDR3 Volt Control - 0.050V - 1.650V (as per the module the default voltage is 1.650 v)
Current Temp - 35
CPU Temp - 39
Fan speed - 2300
Current System Fan speed - 0
Current NB Fan Speed - 0

PC Health report in BIOS shows the following:

V.Core - 1.360v
DDR3 - 1.5v 1.600v
3.3v - 3.376v
12v - 12.365 v

Pls tell if the above is OK

ajai5777

Youngling
CPU Frequency - 215 (changed from 200 to 215)
Mem clock 6.66 (when I increase it to 8.0 X, the PC tells that it cannot boot due to incorrect overclocking). - But not able to understand it as my ram is 1600 mhz.

x 6.66 mean FSB x 6.66 that is 200 X 6.66 = 1333Mhz
as you have overclocked fsb to 215, your current memory speed is
215 x 6.66 = 1432 Mhz
If you put x8.0 it'll be like 215 x 8 = 1720Mhz which is more than the specifications.

I have heard that 1600Mhz is only achievable only with OC I'm not sure as I havnt played with 1600Mhz rams.
From specs, I think FSB 200 and multiplier x8 should make your memory 1600Mhz with out OCing your CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom