Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Welcome Buddy

adi007 said:
And please remove those installation instructions telling to use sudo apt-get.. it will not work.instead give the details to install the packages by issuing dpkg -i command....
Will change it. I am too lazy yaar :-D

adi007

Youngling
thanks CadCrazy..*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/77.gif
*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/58.gifplease provide all the themes as illustrated by Darkstar in his Ubuntu Customization guide 2..

quantum

Broken In
hey guys in this months digit issue they are giving away ubuntu dvds wont that dvd contain all the repositeries and dependency comment on this plzzzzz

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
hey guys in this months digit issue they are giving away ubuntu dvds wont that dvd contain all the repositeries and dependency comment on this plzzzzz
Unfortunately, no. Not everything is on the DVD .

OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
No. It even come with cd version (Live or Alternate). If you are not able to get it tell me i'll give you the download links

adi007 said:
thanks CadCrazy..*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/77.gif
*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/58.gifplease provide all the themes as illustrated by Darkstar in his Ubuntu Customization guide 2..
All links are very much there to download(direct links). However if you have any problem tell me will upload them. The customization guide by dark star is very long . I'll give you the shortcut method for customizing desktop. Stay tuned :grin:

Last edited:

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
Thanks CadCrazy for such a wonderful post.

I downloaded and installed some files.
But now from where I can execute them?? I can see only GnomePPP program in applications menu and Comfiz Fusion settings in System menu.
I also downloaded Blubuntu theme. But dont know how to enable it.

praka123

left this forum longback
u can enable blubuntu theme by opening in menu>system>preferences>appearance~themes=blubuntu

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
^I tried that. But theirs no Blubuntu entry their...just the default themes it shows.

Do you know where the BluBuntu file is ? If so then you would go to

System > Preference > Appearance > Theme Tab and click on Install . Browse to the file you have for the BluBuntu theme and that should install it . Or at least thats how I installed one or two of my themes.

Theres not much to customizing an Ubuntu desktop. however I like DarkStars guide since it follows a step by step approach.

Basically you get a Good wallpaper, Install a new Theme , Download and install a new Icon set, Install AWN or Simdock and get some Desklets or Screenlets of your choice.

Last edited:
OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Customization To Mac OSX Leopard​

Wallpaper

Download Mac Wallpaper & apply it through system ->preferences -> appearance -> background.

Avant Window Navigator
Delete lower panel (bottom bar) by right clicking on it.Install Avant Window Navigator and avant core applets. Launch it from applications ->accessories -> avant window navigator. Now you see awn at the bottom. Customize its setting (as suitable to you)by launching awn manager (system -> Preferences -> awn manager) . Change icon effect in general tab & move mouse over awn(@ bottom) to preview the change.Now in Bar Appearance Tab change look to 3D look. Last thing is to launch awn everytime system restart. To do that navigate to system -> preferences -> sessions -> startup programs -> Add. Add new entry name "Avant Window Navigator" or anything you like & in command type avant-window-navigator.
Also install Awn Transparent Theme from awn manager

Theme/Icons/Cursors

Download Mac osx theme, icons, cursors & emerald theme.
To install icon/cursor extract shere_khan_x and leopardx archives and copy extracted folders(rename them if required) to /home/cadcrazy/.icons

Note: Replace cadcrazy with your username and press CTRL +H to view hidden files(.icons folder is hidden folder)

To install theme navigate to system -> preferences -> appearance -> theme -> install -> browse to theme file(plz don't extract that tar.gz file) -> Apply that theme -> save as -> give suitable name (MacOs X).
Now select this theme -> customize -> control -> choose clear look(as i don't like mac controls), in windows border tab remain mac4lin selected. In icons tab choose leopard x. In cursor tab choose shere khan.

Emerald Theme

First install Emerald. Launch it from system -> Preferences -> emerald. Now install emarld theme by simply dragging emerald theme file into it.

Screenlets Manager

Install screenlet.deb package. Launch it from system -> prefrences -> screenlets. Select screenlets of your choice . Choose enable it and automatically start at login option. A word of caution. Do not launch multiple instances of any single screenlet by double clicking on it as it is hard to get rid of multiple instances of a screenlet . Simply select the screenlet and tick on enable it and automatically launch at startup.

Make top bar transparent by right click on it properties -> background -> solidcolor -> move the slider

To make terminal window transparent
Edit -> current profile -> effects -> transparent background -> move slider.

Restart your system. Happy customization

Thats all. Follow same procedure for other customizations .I haven't customized login screen and boot screen which you can experiment your self. please excuse me in case of some typo mistakes. Any thing else plz let me know

Note : This is stripped down version of original Ubuntu Customization Guide By Dark Star

Last edited:
OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Added Festival the text to speech convertor
@unni thanks for info but it'll take too much time to download and you can't get the latest software on DVD REPO. But here you can find the latest version of every software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom