Offline Ubuntu Package Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Hello Friends
After seeing many guys without internet access @ home asking for offline packages for ubuntu, i decided to create this thread where we can share offline packages.

You can also request for packages not listed here.

How To Install : These instructions are for installation of .deb packages.Copy all your downloaded packages to a folder say "software" on desktop or anywhere you find it suitable. Now launch terminal ( Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal) and type

cd /home/cadcrazy/Desktop/software
sudo dpkg -i *.deb

Note: Replace cadcrazy with your username :D

This method will install all the deb packages whether or not all the dependencies are satisfied . So as a result you may get some broken packages chances of which are rare . If you get some error message while installing, to fix the problem type

sudo apt-get install -f

This command will remove the broken packge(s) if any and show you the name of removed package. To know the missing dependency double click on .deb and the packge manager will show the name of missing dependency.

PS: Report here in case of errors/missing dependencies
Here is list :

Graphics Driver :

NVIDIA : Download latest nvidia linux driver from *www.nvidia.com/object/unix.html
Here is the step by step how to install nvidia driver

1) Backup your graphics config file -> (i.e. Xorg.conf file) to restore it later if anything goes wrong
2) Install build-essential package -> Required to compile nVidia Driver
3) Remove Default Ubuntu nvidia Driver/settings
4) Install nVidia Driver Downloaded from their website( *www.nvidia.com/object/unix.html)

1)
Backup xorg.conf

sudo cp /etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf_backup
2) Install Build Essential
Use either graphics or command line method of installation

Graphics Method:

Insert your “Gusty Gibbon” cd in cd-rom drive.This will prompt you to start package manager. Click yes to start synaptic package manager. Search for package build-essential and mark it for installtion. If somehow this method do not work then use command line way.

Command Line Method:

Insert your “Gusty Gibbon” cd in cd-rom drive if necessary and in terminal type:

[FONT=Courier New, monospace]sudo apt-cdrom add (will ask for Gusty Gibbon cd, click yes)[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, monospace]sudo apt-get update[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, monospace]sudo apt-get install build-essential[/FONT]
3) Remove Default Ubuntu nVidia Driver/Settings
Then open Terminal and type (You can also copy n paste these in terminal)

sudo apt-get --purge remove linux-restricted-modules-`uname -r` linux-restricted-modules-common nvidia-glx nvidia-settings nvidia-kernel-common
It will ask you to remove also several files (among which linux-386, etc.): answer Yes.

Remove the file manually:

sudo rm /etc/init.d/nvidia-*

NOTE: Don't worry if the system complains that the file cannot be removed.

4) Install nVidia Driver/Settings
This action is to be performed in text mode so it is advisable to note down all the steps if you can't remember them.Copy your downloaded driver to desktop. The file name is something like this “NVIDIA-Linux-x86-169.07.pkg1.run”. To install it you have to type “ sudo sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-169.07.pkg1.run ”. No need to type whole file name just type first latter(in this case capital N) and press TAB to autocomplete the file name.

Note : Linux is case sensitive i.e. NVIDIA and nvidia are not same.

Let us come to actual installtion steps

Press CTRL-ALT-F1 (so as to get to the command line, not a windowed terminal, but out of the graphical interface GUI)
login with your username and password (if required) and type

sudo /etc/init.d/gdm stop (To stop “Graphics Device Manager”)
cd /home/cadcrazy/Desktop (Navigate to Desktop i.e. nvidia driver location)

Note:
Replace cadcrazy with your user name and use capital d in Desktop

Start nvidia installer:
sudo sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-169.07.pkg1.run

Note: File name may not be same as written above

Agree to license terms. Then it'll prompt you to search for “Precompiled Headers”. Choose no. It'll then compile the kernel.At last it'll ask you to configure your driver using nvidia-xconfig utility. Again choose yes.

Restart the login manager:
sudo /etc/init.d/gdm restart
In this way if anything goes wrong and you have problems with the xserver (i.e. if it doesn't start) you can type:
[FONT=Courier New, monospace]sudo cp /etc/X11/xorg.conf_backup /etc/X11/xorg.conf [/FONT]

NOTE: if you forget to backup your old xorg.conf or lost your old xorg.conf or that doesn't work type this:
[FONT=Courier New, monospace]dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg[/FONT]
Congratulations, you have installed the new nvidia driver!
Audio/Video :
Gstreamer : Many applications in Ubuntu use the GStreamer open source multimedia framework including Totem and Rhythmbox to play proprietary audio/video files

Homepage: *gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/plugins.html

32 bit download links
:
Ubuntu 8.04 : Gstreamer
Ubuntu 8.10 : Gstreamer
64 bit download links : NA
VLC : VLC is the VideoLAN project's media player. It plays MPEG, MPEG2, MPEG4, DivX, MOV, WMV, QuickTime, mp3, Ogg/Vorbis files, DVDs, VCDs, and multimedia streams from various network sources.

Homepage: *www.videolan.org/vlc/

32 bit download links
:
Ubuntu 8.04 : Vlc 0.8.6
Ubuntu 8.10 : Vlc 0.9.4
Exaile : Exaile is a media player aiming to be similar to KDE's Amarok, but for GTK+. It incorporates many of the cool things from Amarok (and other media players) like automatic fetching of album art, handling of large libraries, lyrics fetching, artist/album information via the wikipedia, last.fm support, optional iPod support (assuming you have python-gpod installed).

Homepage: *www.exaile.org/

32 bit download links
:
Ubuntu 8.04 : Exaile 0.2.11
Ubuntu 8.10 : Exaile_0.2.13 (New)

SMplayer+DeVeDe : SMPlayer intends to be a complete front-end for MPlayer, from basic features like playing videos, DVDs, and VCDs to more advanced features like support for MPlayer filters and more.
DeVeDe is a program to create video DVDs and CDs (VCD, sVCD or CVD), suitables for home players, from any number of video files, in any of the formats supported by Mplayer. The big advantage over other utilites is that it only needs Mplayer, Mencoder, DVDAuthor, VCDImager and MKisofs (well, and Python, PyGTK and PyGlade), so its dependencies are really small.

Homepage: *smplayer.sourceforge.net/Homepage: *www.rastersoft.com/programas/devede.html

32 bit download links
:
Ubuntu 8.04 :
Ubuntu 8.10 : SMplayer 0.1.5 + DeVeDe 3.11 (New)
Win32codec : Extra codec for Mplayer to play video files

Homepage:

32 bit download links
:
Ubuntu 8.04 : Win32codec 20071007
Ubuntu 8.10 : Win32codec 20071007 (New)
Audacity : Audacity is free, open source software for recording and editing sounds. It is available for Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, GNU/Linux, and other operating systems. Learn more about Audacity... Also check our Wiki and Forum for more information.

Homepage: *audacity.sourceforge.net/

32 bit download links
:

Ubuntu 8.04 :
Audacity 1.3.4
Ubuntu 8.10 : Audacity 1.3.5 (New)
Amarok :

32 bit download links :
Ubuntu 8.04 :
NA
Ubuntu 8.10 : Amarok 1.4.10 (New)

Avidemux :

32 bit download links :
Ubuntu 8.04 :
NA
Ubuntu 8.10 : Avidemux 2.4.3 (New)
CD/DVD Burning :
K3b : K3b is a GUI frontend to the CD recording programs cdrdao and cdrecord. Its aim is to provide a very user friendly interface to all the tasks that come with cd recording. It can be used to copy CDs and burn audio CDs (from wav, mp3 or ogg vorbis files), data CDs and DVDs, mixed-mode CDs (CD-Extra support), VCDs (1.1, 2.0 and SVCD), ISO files (Joliet/Rockridge and El Torito support), eMovix CDs

Homepage : *www.k3b.org

32 bit download links
:
Ubuntu 8.04 : k3b 1.0.4
Ubuntu 8.10 : k3b 1.0.5 (New)
GnomeBaker : Gnomebaker is an easy to use CD/DVD burner. Its current features includes Data and audio CD burning, Multisession CDs, DVD formating, DVD data disk burning, On-the-fly data CD burning, Cue bin data CD writing

Homepage : *sourceforge.net/projects/gnomebaker

32 bit download links
:
Ubuntu 8.04 : Gnomebaker 0.6.2
Ubuntu 8.10 : Gnomebaker 0.6.4 (New)
Cad/Design :
Blender : Blender needs no introduction.Blender is an integrated 3d suite for modelling, animation, rendering,post-production, interactive creation and playback (games).

Homepage: *blender.org/

32 bit download links :
Ubuntu 8.04 : Blender 2.45
Ubuntu 8.10 : Blender 2.46 (New)
Inkscape : An Open Source vector graphics editor, with capabilities similar to Illustrator, CorelDraw, or Xara X, using the W3C standard Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) file format.

Homepage: *www.inkscape.org/

32 bit download links :
Ubuntu 8.04 : Inkscape 0.46
Ubuntu 8.10 : Inkscape 0.46 (New)
Scribus : Scribus is an open-source program that brings award-winning professional page layout to Linux/Unix, MacOS X, OS/2 and Windows desktops with a combination of "press-ready" output and new approaches to page layout. Underneath the modern and user friendly interface, Scribus supports professional publishing features, such as CMYK color, separations, ICC color management and versatile PDF creation.

Homepage: *www.scribus.net

32 bit download links :
Ubuntu 8.04 : Scribus 1.3.3.11
Ubuntu 8.10 : Scribus 1.3.3.12 (New)

Gaming :
Wine : While Wine is usually thought of as a Microsoft Windows emulator, the Wine developers would prefer that users thought of Wine as a Windows compatibility layer for Linux. Wine does not require MS Windows, but it can use native system dll files in place of its own if they are available.

Homepage: *www.winehq.org/

32 bit download links :
Ubuntu 8.04 : Wine 1.1.5
Ubuntu 8.10 : Wine 1.0.1(stable) , Wine 1.1.14(developement) (New)
Games : Various Papular Tux Games

32 bit download links
:
Ubuntu 8.04 :
armagetron_0.2.8
atanks_2.6
blobwars_1.07
frozen-bubble_2.1.0
neverball_1.4.0
nexuiz_2.4
openarena_0.7.0
pingus_0.7.2
powermanga_0.90
ri-li_2.0.0
super_maryo_1.4
supertux_0.3
tuxtype_1.5.15
wormux_0.8_beta4
xmoto_0.4.2

64 bit download links
: NA
Desktop :
Compizconfig Setting Manager : Compiz is enabled in Hardy by default but to tweak its settings you need compizconfig-settings-manager.

Homepage: www.compiz-fusion.org

32 bit download links :
Ubuntu 8.04 : compizconfig-settings-manager 0.7.4
Ubuntu 8.10 : compizconfig-settings-manager 0.7.8 (New)
Customization : First of all read Ubuntu Customization Guide By Dark Star and here are all offline packages required for customization

32 bit download links :

Avant Window Navigator:
Ubuntu 8.04 : Avant Window Navigator 0.3.1
Ubuntu 8.10 : Avant Window Navigator 0.3.3 (New)

Screenlet Manager :
Ubuntu 8.04 : screenlets 0.0.12
Ubuntu 8.10 : screenlets 0.1.2 (New)

Emerald :
Ubuntu 8.04 : emerald 0.7.2
Ubuntu 8.10 : emerald 0.7.2

Gtweakui :
Ubuntu 8.04 : Gtweakui 0.4
Ubuntu 8.10 : Gtweakui 0.4.0 (New)

Startupmanager :
Ubuntu 8.04 : Startupmanager 1.9.11
Ubuntu 8.10 : Startupmanager 1.9.11 (New)

64 bit download links
: NA
Virtualization :
VirtualBox : VirtualBox is a family of powerful x86 virtualization products for enterprise as well as home use. Not only is VirtualBox an extremely feature rich, high performance product for enterprise customers, it is also the only professional solution that is freely available as Open Source Software under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL).

Homepage: *www.virtualbox.org/

32 bit download links :
Ubuntu 8.04 : VirtualBox 2.0.2 (PUEL)
Ubuntu 8.10 : VirtualBox 2.1.2 (PUEL), VirtualBox 2.0.4 (OSE) (New)

Programming :
Eclipse :

Homepage:

32 bit download links :
Ubuntu 8.04 : NA
Ubuntu 8.10 : Eclipse 3.2.2 (New)
Netbeans :

Homepage:

32 bit download links :
Ubuntu 8.10 : Netbeans 6.1 (New)
Geany :

Homepage:

32 bit download links :
Ubuntu 8.10 : Geany 0.14 (New)
Scite :

Homepage:

32 bit download links :
Ubuntu 8.10 : Scite 1.76 (New)
OpenJDK :

Homepage:

32 bit download links :
Ubuntu 8.10 : Openjdk-6 (New)
Others :
Wammu : Wammu is mobile phone manager running on Linux, Windows and possibly other platforms, where Gammu and wxPython works. The communication is made by Gammu library.

Homepage: *wammu.eu/

32 bit download links :
Ubuntu 8.04 : Wammu 0.25
Ubuntu 8.10 : Wammu 0.27 (New)
Utilities : Some Useful utilities like unrar and p7zip to enable fileroller open rar & zip archives

32 bit download links :
Ubuntu 8.04 : Unrar 3.7.8 , P7zip 4.57
Ubuntu 8.10 : Unrar 3.8.2 , P7zip 4.58 (New)
Will Keep on adding ----------------

Last edited:

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
I think you might want to include whether its the 32 bit one or 64 bit one also ? Im not sure if this actually matter. But If im correct my repos only shows 64 bit applications?

OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Thank you kalpik, Cool G5, Kenshin, saurabh kakkar and cool_techie_tvm

exx_2000 said:
I think you might want to include whether its the 32 bit one or 64 bit one also ? Im not sure if this actually matter. But If im correct my repos only shows 64 bit applications?
Thanks for the suggestion (included)

sachin_kothari said:
exactly what i needed.
thanks.
You are welcome

Last edited:

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
My packages (Please note I'm from Kerala)

Ubuntu AMD 64 BIt Gutsy Gibbon

Wine - 31.7 MB
IcedTea (Java) - 28.5 MB
Flash - 20.7 MB (ia32-libs2.1)
Amarok
XMMS
Wammu
Virtualbox
Cairoclock
GDekslets
Tvtime
BrutalChess
AptOnCd
XChat
Avant WIndow Navigator (AWN)

Some more but I really dont know what the files are for.

adi007

Youngling
thanks a ton cadcrazy:D:D:D:D.Will download once i go to internet cafe.
This should be sticky....
But i want to ask whether APT-ON-CD has any sort of dependencies...

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
No, all the dependencies are core type and are thus installed by default on a fresh Ubuntu install itself.

Code:
Depends: python2.5, python-central (>= 0.5.8), python (>= 2.5), python (< 2.6), libgnomevfs2-0, genisoimage | mkisofs, apt-utils, synaptic (>= 0.57.7), python-gnome2, python-apt, python-glade2, python-dbus, lsb-release, gksu, python-gtk2, gnome-icon-theme

adi007 said:
Can these be done to other distros:confused::confused:
No, just Debian based distros have APT-On-CD. Don't know of a Yum-on-CD or whatever.

Last edited:

adi007

Youngling
Can this be done on opensuse 10.1:confused::confused:
I think it could be done on kubuntu,edubuntu ,Xubuntu and all debain oriented distros..Am i right :confused::confused:

adi007

Youngling
Opensuse 10.1 is able to install .deb packages .So can i use it on OpenSuse 10.1??:confused:
By the way is opensuse a debian oriented distro....:confused::confused:

praka123

left this forum longback
yes.fedora has an offline installer developed by indians.i think the name is OPYUM.
edit:yes
Opyum is an application designed to enable users, who do not have a good network (eg., Internet) connection at their ready disposal, to easily install new packages or update existing ones through the conventional package management system available in Fedora. It is a GUI utility written in Python based on the existing Pirut interface and modules.
*fedoraproject.org/wiki/DebarshiRay/Opyum

@adi:debian based distros uses .debs and fedora,suse uses .rpm so suse is not a debian derivative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom