Official Windows 10 Thread: Installation and Issues (check first post)

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Check this thread last post & confirm bios is showing memory as dual channel & not single channel.
*answers.microsoft.com/en-us/window...0-64-bit/93c2c8c0-867d-4882-bd16-778de7630cb6
On my way to office now.
Suppose it shows single channel on BIOS, then what to do?
System memory in BIOS is 16384MB.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
On my way to office now.
Suppose it shows single channel on BIOS, then what to do?
System memory in BIOS is 16384MB.
Read the motherboard pdf manual to see how to install/configure ram in dual channel mode & once dual channel ram status shows in bios then you can again try the boot advanced settings max memory option.

kg11sgbg

Read the motherboard pdf manual to see how to install/configure ram in dual channel mode & once dual channel ram status shows in bios then you can again try the boot advanced settings max memory option.
Inside BIOS I couldn't ascertain whether RAM is running under DUAL CHANNEL mode.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Inside BIOS I couldn't ascertain whether RAM is running under DUAL CHANNEL mode.
Install CPU-Z
and check like this
1635175258539.png

kg11sgbg

Annotation 2021-10-25 211409.png

Annotation 2021-10-25 211553.png

Annotation 2021-10-25 211709.png

Slot 1 and Slot 2 are in Dual mode as per Ranks.

But 3 and 4 are in single mode.

Does that mean,the RAM modules are damaged???????

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Swap the 3 & 4 with 1 & 2

for dual channel it should be slots with same color. A1 - A2 - B1 - B2 (A1-B1/A2-B2 for Dual Channel)

But as your are already using all 4 slots with Same RAM module then it doesn't matter about slot selection for Dual Channel.

Last edited:

kg11sgbg

When did you bought those 4*4gb ram sticks because seeing your post it seems like you didn't have 16gb ram from the beginning & bought other ram sticks later/at different times?
All are Corsair Value RAM's with equal clock speed. DDR3 type obviously.

kg11sgbg

WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just changed the RAM modules in different slots and now 12GB usable 4GB Reserved for Hardware?????????????????????????????

Annotation 2021-10-26 062543.png

Guys PLease Help me out........................................................................................................................................

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Can you test the RAM(s) in other desktop PC. Also, try another set of RAM from friend and test it in your motherboard.

Could be an issue with RAM slot(s) or RAM modules.

kg11sgbg

Can you test the RAM(s) in other desktop PC. Also, try another set of RAM from friend and test it in your motherboard.

Could be an issue with RAM slot(s) or RAM modules.
Tested the RAM modules on another PC already.They are working NORMALLY.

kg11sgbg

May be with RAM modules.
This motherboard was purchased on 2013,I suppose or 2016.
Just Forgot it.

K_akash_i

Journeyman
What is the solution?
if the slot is the problem , most likely mobo replacement iirc , if its just one slot/2 u should sell the 4gigs *4 and buy 2 *8gigs of ddr4 if the mobo permits it (which will be beneficiary if u plan on upgrading near future)

kg11sgbg

if the slot is the problem , most likely mobo replacement iirc , if its just one slot/2 u should sell the 4gigs *4 and buy 2 *8gigs of ddr4 if the mobo permits it (which will be beneficiary if u plan on upgrading near future)
DDR3 memory slots!!!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
What is the solution?
Use the 12gb/3 ram sticks combination which is working & sell remaining 4gb ram stick on olx or try your luck by testing various combinations of ram sticks & ram slots after cleaning the ram slots(read/watch some online articles but don't use any liquid cleaning solution without confirming here first).

Top Bottom