Official Windows 10 Thread: Installation and Issues (check first post)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Issue fixed on it's own . Did not know what caused it. installed the same windows version on another Pc and no wifi issue there.

andy_65_in

Padawan
updated windows to 20 H2 version ..using windows updater jugaad.working bindaas....but nothing grt otherwise:smile::smile:..took about an hour plus.
Edition Windows 10 Home Single Language
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎21-‎Oct-‎20
OS build 19042.572
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

Last edited:

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I am on 1909 in my desktop. It was sitting idle for nearly an year. Yesterday got it fully uptodate. But was not offered any version updates.

So tried using Windows Upgrade advisor. It seems to fail with BSOD at around 90% mark.

Is there any way to find out the cause of failure?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am on 1909 in my desktop. It was sitting idle for nearly an year. Yesterday got it fully uptodate. But was not offered any version updates.

So tried using Windows Upgrade advisor. It seems to fail with BSOD at around 90% mark.

Is there any way to find out the cause of failure?
Probably some hardware incompatibility. Let it stay until 1909 become EOL & then format & fresh install whatever the latest version is at that time.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I gave it 2 tries. Then for charm tried a 3rd time after shutting off internet, disabling anti-virus and firewall. This time it went through!

Because I keep my telemetry disabled, MS is probably not getting information of my update struggles.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
EOL doesn't mean it will stop working. It means no further updates mostly. Better to upgrade to a newer version with security patches, etc
thanks. i know that buddy as i have spent some 20 years in IT area before switching to legal profession. i have used windows 7 pro for over an year after it was declared EOL. it was showing EOL for many days so i updated it as i had time. posted here to inform others about no immediate crash or problems etc. as there was just one post regarding it.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any way to remove the water mark / text from the lower right side ?

wt.png

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Any way to remove the water mark / text from the lower right side ?

Try *winaero.com/download-universal-watermark-disabler/ However do create a restore point before trying. Also since you seem to have insider preview, after an update to it, I suspect that it will get restored.

Top Bottom