Official Windows 10 Thread: Installation and Issues (check first post)

icebags

Technomancer
ok, let me try that then. i will need to increase C drive space first though, the 50GB is almost full. what should be a suitable size for 10, 100gb ?

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
If there is no constraint go for 200.

100 is the minimum for practical purposes. For installing games etc. you need much more. Also because Windows 10 tends to keep backups of installation while upgrading itself, it is always better to have more space.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
ok, let me try that then. i will need to increase C drive space first though, the 50GB is almost full. what should be a suitable size for 10, 100gb ?

You can easily manage windows 10 on 50 – 60 GB partition. (My Acer laptop has 30GB Flash storage on which Windows 10 is installed) However now that you have 50 GB almost full, you should create at least 15 - 20 GB more or free space (to be on safer side), this would be utilized by Windows upgrade process. Else Windows 10 upgrade may fail due to insufficient space. For more read this thread.

Beyond this it's up to you based on what programs/apps you plan to install.

I would say 100GB is comfortable for Win10 with all apps. My laptop's C drive is 230GB but it has 2-3 games as well.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Don't force 1809. I am still on 1803. Wait for them to roll out automatically.

By the way are they already offered to you but fail to install?

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Don't force 1809. I am still on 1803. Wait for them to roll out automatically.

By the way are they already offered to you but fail to install?
I already got the 1809 updates for my Dell laptop.
But for my Desktop-PC,Iam on wait...

No I had tried to install them via downloading it through Windows update assistant.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Please give us more information about how it is failing. Are there any error messages?

It used to be the fault of USB connected devices or something when updates failed in early days of Windows 10. Try disconnecting all USB devices other than mouse and keyboard before trying again.

Unable to install 1809 (OCT 2018) updates of Windows 10.
Simply put,updates are struck till 1803 for Windows 10. Tried various methods for updates but in vain.
@whitestar_999 ; @sling-shot ; @topgear ; @anupam_pb any ideas friend?
I'm on 1803 but I have disabled updates on my laptop. I bought a laptop recently for my uncle & that hasn't been updated to 1809 either. Considering all the bugs the Microsoft encountered, they are surely rolling it out slowly. You can definitely live without the features of 1809, so have patience.

kg11sgbg

Please give us more information about how it is failing. Are there any error messages?

It used to be the fault of USB connected devices or something when updates failed in early days of Windows 10. Try disconnecting all USB devices other than mouse and keyboard before trying again.
I am getting updates for Windows Defender,but after that showing Pending Install...

kg11sgbg

Normal Windows boot up.
NORMAL FUNCTIONING OF WINDOWS ONLY.
No issues whatsoever.

kg11sgbg

Again and again the same problem.
This is what I am getting :--->
Definition Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Definition 1.281.1428.0)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Be patient,in any case I would not advice anyone to update to latest feature update immediately but instead to wait at least 1-2 months.

Top Bottom