Official Windows 10 Thread: Installation and Issues (check first post)

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
In that case why any user(Genuine Licensed holder of Windows OS)would wait for 2nd year?????????????????

its a marketing strategy by Microsoft imho
they will lure more people to upgrade from Windows 7 or even XP -- two versions of windows which people refuse to upgrade from
that way,once everyones on a Windows 8+ OS,itll be easier to manage windows updates etc and will eliminate people from switching to Chrome OS or even Mac OSX since windows has been having radical changes since Windows 8 and not everyone is liking it(I get why people dont like the interface on a non-touch but I dont get why people dont see how much better the OS is over even Windows 7)

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
In that case why any user(Genuine Licensed holder of Windows OS)would wait for 2nd year?????????????????

you dont need to wait. in case you wait, you will not get it free. otherwise you will get it free provided you install it ;)

- - - Updated - - -

ya i know that stable release will take time.. but want to try what they announced on 21st.. so do you know any confirm or approx date for consumer release..??

probably feb end. i am not sure though.

A

amit.tiger12

hey new developer preview now available for download...
Download Windows 10 Technical Preview ISO - Microsoft Windows

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I will pass the Technical Preview this time, and wait for atleast a Consumer preview.
Windows 10 looks good this time, (some says since every alternate version of Windows is good :p).

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I will pass the Technical Preview this time, and wait for atleast a Consumer preview.
Windows 10 looks good this time, (some says since every alternate version of Windows is good :p).

you say it as a joke but ive found this to be true for the entire tech industry! :p :D

apple-
4s,5s,6s(next) are the more stable ones
iphone 4 had antennaegate which was fixed in 4s
iphone 5 had button issues which were fixed in 5s
iphone 6(and 6+) have bendgate which should be fixed in 6s

ipad 1 was bad,like really bad
ipad 2 is the most stable ipad yet
ipad 3 overheating and charging issues
ipad 4 fixed issues but still present compared to ipad 2
ipad air overheating
ipad air 2 fixed issues

intel-
1st gen i series were awesome
2nd gen(sandy bridge) had issues compared to 1st gen but overall better
3rd gen(ivy bridge) again good
4th gen(haswell) heating and performance issues
5th gen(broadwell

android-
jelly bean- bad overall
kitkat-most stable version of android
lollipop- ridden with performance,battery,design issues

windows-
wp7-good but lacking in basic features
wp7.8-brought wp8 like features and was decent
wp8- very buggy initially but black update fixed alot of issues
wp8.1- buggy with black firmware when on preview,much better with cyan and denim
wp10-lets wait for the preview

windows 2000-stable
Me-buggy
Xp-stable
vista-buggy
7-stable
8-buggy
8.1-stable
10-wait for consumer preview or RTM before verdict

long post i know but its ironic how all of them seem to follow this :p

A

amit.tiger12

you say it as a joke but ive found this to be true for the entire tech industry! :p :D

apple-
4s,5s,6s(next) are the more stable ones
iphone 4 had antennaegate which was fixed in 4s
iphone 5 had button issues which were fixed in 5s
iphone 6(and 6+) have bendgate which should be fixed in 6s

ipad 1 was bad,like really bad
ipad 2 is the most stable ipad yet
ipad 3 overheating and charging issues
ipad 4 fixed issues but still present compared to ipad 2
ipad air overheating
ipad air 2 fixed issues

intel-
1st gen i series were awesome
2nd gen(sandy bridge) had issues compared to 1st gen but overall better
3rd gen(ivy bridge) again good
4th gen(haswell) heating and performance issues
5th gen(broadwell

android-
jelly bean- bad overall
kitkat-most stable version of android
lollipop- ridden with performance,battery,design issues

windows-
wp7-good but lacking in basic features
wp7.8-brought wp8 like features and was decent
wp8- very buggy initially but black update fixed alot of issues
wp8.1- buggy with black firmware when on preview,much better with cyan and denim
wp10-lets wait for the preview

windows 2000-stable
Me-buggy
Xp-stable
vista-buggy
7-stable
8-buggy
8.1-stable
10-wait for consumer preview or RTM before verdict

long post i know but its ironic how all of them seem to follow this :p

yes right...
development is a process.. you can't built fully functional device in 1 year without any bug.. and problem is that debugging is made by users nowadays... so we are debugger.. ;)

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
yes right...
development is a process.. you can't built fully functional device in 1 year without any bug.. and problem is that debugging is made by users nowadays... so we are debugger.. ;)

very true! :)

- - - Updated - - -

But,WIN 10 will be free only in 1st year then you have to pay

we dont know exactly yet
it could also mean its free if you upgrade within a year and that any new activations from the 2nd year will be payable
remember they want to boost marketshare of all their products,so it makes sense
apple uses the exact same strategy and it works rather well
google is gonna lose out because chrome os hasnt exactly been making waves,i mean you'd rather use regular linux on a netbook instead of a locked down,limited linux like chrome os or even use android on a netbook
so i feel microsoft will get more marketshare for xbox and windows phone and tablet with the launch of windows 10 if this strategy is what they are aiming for

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Hope, it's not a subscription based OS just like their newer office 360(Isn't it a yearly payable thingy?).
If it is, they will surely loose quiet a large % of their market share(original OS).
But I do not see how it will work? Maybe they will clearly mention during the update.That Windows 10 Update will be free for the year and you will be charge xx $/Year, Or else people are going to be really disappointed, hardly anyone is going to pay.

A

amit.tiger12

Hope, it's not a subscription based OS just like their newer office 360(Isn't it a yearly payable thingy?).
If it is, they will surely loose quiet a large % of their market share(original OS).
But I do not see how it will work? Maybe they will clearly mention during the update.That Windows 10 Update will be free for the year and you will be charge xx $/Year, Or else people are going to be really disappointed, hardly anyone is going to pay.

office 360 can be access through touch???
and what about office 2013 (touch enabled or not) ???

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

i doubt they would do that
unless they want to lose marketshare and bring down the company :D :p

amjath

Human Spambot
Myerson clarified that Windows 10 users will still get free updates and support for the lifetime of the OS, exactly like past versions of Windows (like XP and Windows 7's Service Packs, for example). There's no subscription model for updates or support or continuing to use the OS. Myerson's reference to Windows "as a service" simply meant that Microsoft plans to update the OS with smaller, more regular updates rather than the big, chunky updates of past Service Packs.
A year after Windows 10 is first available, it will no longer be a free upgrade for Windows 7 and 8 users. Microsoft will then sell Windows 10 the same way it has sold past versions of Windows. MS hasn't set a specific price yet, but Myerson said the price will likely be comparable to past versions of Windows. Windows 8 costs $120 on Amazon, for instance.
Update: It seems there's still confusion. It is very clear from this post that for the first year it's available, you can upgrade to Windows 10 for free if you have Windows 7 or 8. You will not pay for it. After that year is up, nothing will happen to your Windows 10 license. If you do not upgrade within that year, however, you will have to pay for an upgrade. The offer expires after a year, not the upgrade.
Microsoft: Windows 10 will not be sold as a subscription - PC Gamer

- - - Updated - - -

Lets end the conversation :)

- - - Updated - - -

BTW downloading updates for Windows 10 which is running on my VM

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
Those Who are downloading it please do post if the system has improved or not. And how is Cortana in real life.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
updates?? I didn't get you..
are you upgrading??

he means Windows 10 technical preview for PC

- - - Updated - - -

Microsoft: Windows 10 will not be sold as a subscription - PC Gamer

- - - Updated - - -

Lets end the conversation :)

- - - Updated - - -

BTW downloading updates for Windows 10 which is running on my VM

thanks for this clarification!! I guess I was right!! :)

Top Bottom