Official Windows 10 Thread: Installation and Issues (check first post)

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Windows phone will tell a lot about the windows 10.

they are dropping the "phone" tag from windows phone,so the next iteration of windows phone will be called only "windows 10"(they pulled a blackberry :D ,BBos7.1 to BB10)
I think windows 10 is gonna shake the entire market right from tablets,laptops,phones etc

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
they are dropping the "phone" tag from windows phone,so the next iteration of windows phone will be called only "windows 10"(they pulled a blackberry :D ,BBos7.1 to BB10)
I think windows 10 is gonna shake the entire market right from tablets,laptops,phones etc

I hope so since it is a very good OS and light too but lack of apps is always a big negative for many. Heard they are trying to bridge the gap soon.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I hope so since it is a very good OS and light too but lack of apps is always a big negative for many. Heard they are trying to bridge the gap soon.

yeah it might get apk support soon
app situation is a massive overhype actually,it has all major apps now except for snapchat and a few games like clash of clans

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
yeah it might get apk support soon
app situation is a massive overhype actually,it has all major apps now except for snapchat and a few games like clash of clans

But still the apps present are not that polished when you compare it with android or Ios.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
But still the apps present are not that polished when you compare it with android or Ios.

not true,most apps are actually better than on ios and android
for eg- Facebook,with its latest updates,is better on my 720 than on my Nexus 5 and iPad 4

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
not true,most apps are actually better than on ios and android
for eg- Facebook,with its latest updates,is better on my 720 than on my Nexus 5 and iPad 4

Well for me facebook app is something that I do not use big battery hog but when compared to instagram nah it is not that great and along with lack of google apps support is still a problem.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Well for me facebook app is something that I do not use big battery hog but when compared to instagram nah it is not that great and along with lack of google apps support is still a problem.

frankly after making the switch to microsoft services,i dont miss google services much personally
hopefully in future,google will eventually have to release it for windows

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
frankly after making the switch to microsoft services,i dont miss google services much personally
hopefully in future,google will eventually have to release it for windows
Nah for me it is nearly impossible to leave google core apps.

eureka

Banned
App section of WP is miles behind of Android and iOS. Some apps are updated at an interval of three months period, heck some have not been updated in almost six months! Maybe one or two apps are there which are better in WP than Android, but for 90% or more apps, it's a completely different league.

When will Windows 10 release for desktop? I mean for consumers, not these Beta stuffs.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
App section of WP is miles behind of Android and iOS. Some apps are updated at an interval of three months period, heck some have not been updated in almost six months! Maybe one or two apps are there which are better in WP than Android, but for 90% or more apps, it's a completely different league.

When will Windows 10 release for desktop? I mean for consumers, not these Beta stuffs.

not really,where android and ios apps are lacking is where wp apps are better
the design and UI of most apps is easier on wp and usually ios
camera apps are arguably better on WP
also app-cpu management is better on WP resulting in faster performance and better battery life(same goes for ios but iphone's extremely low capacity batteries are to blame for its poor battery life)
I wouldnt say one OS/app is better than the other because each has its own pros and cons
for people like me -camera,battery and design is my main priority
for someone who wants more games-ios(and android to an extent)
for those who like to customise their experience- android

the app situation in WP has improved drastically and now its more of a myth that WP is lagging behind in terms of apps
there are exceptions like snapchat but that will change soon enough

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
A device run on two aspect at least for me
1. How is the overall look and feel
2. How does the flagship goes in comparison to other flagship coz that is what both has to offer at best

When I turn to MS even though i like windows lack of capable hardware is always a problem for me and that too you have no idea when your phone can become old coz they do not have a proper upgrade cycle. And this in till the first half I don;t think they are going to show up any capable flagship phone as well. They are killing their own fan base with this.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
A device run on two aspect at least for me
1. How is the overall look and feel
2. How does the flagship goes in comparison to other flagship coz that is what both has to offer at best

When I turn to MS even though i like windows lack of capable hardware is always a problem for me and that too you have no idea when your phone can become old coz they do not have a proper upgrade cycle. And this in till the first half I don;t think they are going to show up any capable flagship phone as well. They are killing their own fan base with this.

actually their update cycle has been quite consistent (excluding the unfortunate WP7 fiasco) since WP8
I agree they could have made better flagships but mid range and low range phones are very VFM and well made with good hardware
though i must admit their flagships(excluding 1020) still get proper updates and new features but you never know when the next flagship will come
you can still buy a Lumia x20 series and still get updates and features(except the 1020 because the hardware is already pushed to its limit because of the Pureview tech,which is why the 920 which is the exact same phone ,minus the 41mp pureview,got more features than the 1020)
though Lumia flagships are overpriced imho

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
I am still waiting for something that can wow me from MS. The last wow phone for me was 1020 and 830 also got me excited but then again SD 400 with 29k price tag was too much.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I am still waiting for something that can wow me from MS. The last wow phone for me was 1020 and 830 also got me excited but then again SD 400 with 29k price tag was too much.

yeah i quite agree,I love the 830 but SD400 is a drawback especially since my 720 already has the similiarly performing SD S4 and since 730 with nearly same specs is available for 13k (except camera,battery,design,glance,display etc)
I might even consider the 830 if it drops to around 20k ,otherwise im waiting it out for a better handset
i love my 720 atm

eureka

Banned
not really,where android and ios apps are lacking is where wp apps are better
the design and UI of most apps is easier on wp and usually ios
camera apps are arguably better on WP
also app-cpu management is better on WP resulting in faster performance and better battery life(same goes for ios but iphone's extremely low capacity batteries are to blame for its poor battery life)
I wouldnt say one OS/app is better than the other because each has its own pros and cons
for people like me -camera,battery and design is my main priority
for someone who wants more games-ios(and android to an extent)
for those who like to customise their experience- android

the app situation in WP has improved drastically and now its more of a myth that WP is lagging behind in terms of apps
there are exceptions like snapchat but that will change soon enough
Even people, long time users of WP know that apps are way behind in update and quality too than in Android and that other platform.

Camera app? Yeah people might need that. Ridiculous really! Who needs a third party camera app? Unless the stock one is stupid and sucks heavily!
It's not a myth, it's a reality, WP is lagging behind in terms of apps, and quality of them. That's why my mom, a 57 year old uses WP, and I use Android, cause my mom doesn't need to use all the apps I use, nor she has any interest in knowing anything other than making some phone calls or chatting on WhatsApp a little. Oh by the way, WhatsApp, how efficient is it on WP? LOL, examples could come in million.

By the way, this topic is about Microsoft's announcement of Windows 10. So I think it's better to continue the rant about how WP apps are better than Android in a separate topic.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Even people, long time users of WP know that apps are way behind in update and quality too than in Android and that other platform.

Camera app? Yeah people might need that. Ridiculous really! Who needs a third party camera app? Unless the stock one is stupid and sucks heavily!
It's not a myth, it's a reality, WP is lagging behind in terms of apps, and quality of them. That's why my mom, a 57 year old uses WP, and I use Android, cause my mom doesn't need to use all the apps I use, nor she has any interest in knowing anything other than making some phone calls or chatting on WhatsApp a little. Oh by the way, WhatsApp, how efficient is it on WP? LOL, examples could come in million.

By the way, this topic is about Microsoft's announcement of Windows 10. So I think it's better to continue the rant about how WP apps are better than Android in a separate topic.

I totally disagree,I have a good experience with my 720 itself forget my 820
I find Wp a better experience than android
my Nexus 5 is literally a paper weight since 5.0,it lags for even basic tasks now and im considering downgrading to kitkat
no os is flawless but android is terribly behind in doing even basic tasks like calls and texts now

i seriously doubt you have used any windows phone properly then,all the popular apps run fine,its only the shady,poorly coded wp7-era apps which run pathetic on wp8
also you spoke about thirdy party apps LOL,android is only about third party apps,the stock ones are rarely used by most

just because you hate windows phone and like android doesnt mean you have to bash WP for no reason,the day you own and use a WP on a daily basis with android side by side,you may bash either one(or both)

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
I thought we were discussing at a gentleman man. But what's with this bashing thing?
You ought to use more than 1 phone of each kind to say that yeah this sucks.
Secondly os is always a personal preference. So there is no need to bang your head on a topic which just revolve around a personal preference.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Have any of you guys got this to run on Virtualbox? I am trying to install the x64 version on my office machine, but I get the following error:

Code:
Fsw ERROR: InstallMultipleProtocolInterfaces returned 2

I have set RAM to 2 GB and the virtual disk is 40 GB. The ISO does not boot in non-EFI and therefore I enabled EFI before running this.

Top Bottom