Official Samsung Galaxy SL (i9003) Thread

msaiashwin

Journeyman
Guys I bought a samsung galaxy sl for 20k on 2nd july 2011. I could not afford to buy the the galaxy s2 so went for this. Is my choice good? I couldnt find nexus s at this price range. People speak of many bugs with this phone. Is it really true?

1.Also regarding the GPS I guess the original galaxy s also had it right? Anyway is there a permanent fix for this?

2.Also when is the Gingerbread update for the galaxy sl through Kies?

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Regarding GPS, I also find this phone difficult to lock on to satellites at times. I can happily live with this because this doesn't hamper me in any way. Apart from that I have found no "bugs" which generally people cry about.

About Nexus S, well this depends on choice. I, too, wanted Nexus S but then I saw what this phone has to offer and I changed my mind. Seriously, only "early updates" cannot outweigh other important features. :)

GB has yet to come to fone through official channels but work is going on because we got hands on leaked dev GB roms. They are buggy so I won't suggest you to update as of now.

Terabyte

In the zone
Seriously, only "early updates" cannot outweigh other important features. :)
Nexus S was released in January or something IIRC. It had GB since then.
We are in July and still we don't have an official GB for Galaxy SL.

Unless you "dearly" need FM and HD recording there is nothing SL has to offer over Nexus S.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Also HD recording in SL is for namesake, cause without flash, SL is a b1tch. Not a big deal for me, but when we require the most, it disappoints us.

BTW Nexus S is good in terms of softwares and updates.

msaiashwin

Journeyman
is this phone divx certified? will it play divx out of the box?

Guys I saw a screen guard branded "Screen ward" for this phone for around 500 RS.. is it worth it or is any other brand better? is screen ward good?

Guys please reply..

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
@msaiashwin: I got one screen guard from Sangeetha, Bangalore. Do not know which city are you in.

@Dangerous Dave: yes. 2.3.4 is available, but not officially. Checkout xda-forums and Samfirmware sites.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
My initial impressions about Mobo player were very good. but then it couldn't play some videos which were easily played in default player!

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Got my phone back from Samsung service, those cheats installed app called 'GPS status' on my phone and cached AGPS data on it, I was surprised to see fast locks on my phone , but actually it was because of that cached info on the phone . The limitation is that the cached info needs to be updated regularly and you need internet for it, which sucks because I am soon going to need the GPS where I will get no internet/phone network.

dharmil007

Journeyman
Hey i want to buy Galaxy SL.
Can anyOne help me wid this queries.
1. How is the battery Life of the fone ??
2. 2GB of apps space, is dont u think small {& can we install apps on Memory card}
3. Are there any issues wid the phone ??
4. Custom Roms available for this fone ??

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Gingerbread still not available even though it has been launched 7 months ago on Nexus S.

@Dharam, Get a Nexus S instead... It costs the same as this phone... has similar (or even better) hardware... You can also get the original Galaxy S.

Top Bottom