Official Samsung Galaxy SL (i9003) Thread

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
So my phone was not bricked. And I am very happy about that. :)
I flashed it with the other ROM uploaded by Samfirmware people. But that is also not bug free. A little lag is there when I check/un-check boxes but otherwise speed has increased. I flashed it two times just to make sure camera works but it hangs sometimes. Wi-Fi has serious problem, I mean it is not working at all which is big setback for me. New icons and few new features are also exciting. I will play with it tomorrow and will update you guys.

On personal level, I would say it is a hassle to flash with GB as it is not bug-free. But if you have a spare phone also, just flash it because being Geek is fun!

Here attaching a small snapshot:

*i51.tinypic.com/okph6h.png

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Ahh bugs :( , anyway please check if new google talk video chat is working fine and detecting the front cam. No other video chat program uses front cam of the phone.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
@gagan007

Screenies of menu ad home please....

BTW even in xda forums, everybody is whining because of the bugs you mentioned. I will wait for some time to let rex4u to release the Custom ROM. :D

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
the most painful of them is phone doesn't come back from sleep no matter what you do. Battery removal is only option that time. Happened to me only once though

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ According to XDA and some other forums, setting the min clock freq to 533MHz will solve the issue. Cos by default, this one is taking 133/266MHz as min freq while sleep mode. Try this with setcpu and see if it still exists.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
OMG, thanks dude. i didn't know that! yes it already rooted :)
I have changed frequency, lets see how does it perform :)

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Sorry buddy I forgot to reply although I saw your post above.
Moving ahead, changing the CPU cycle did not work for me. Although the suggestion, disabling data connection works in this case. :)

Some application and games like App2SD and Angry Birds do not work. They open and crash. I think battery consumption is also increased. I need to charge twice a day now.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
It is actually not that difficult using ODIN. krazy on xda has already posted ROMS for Froyo, which can be used. But I am sticking with GB for now. No specific reasons... ;)

BTW what's the deal with rex4u guy who is still "cooking" first custom ROM for i9003. I am not against anybody doing that but can't people see that he is just making taller claims than actually doing something! If I were him and made the kind of progress he claims to have made, I would never abandon working on it. Now he says that as GB is around the corner so he will work on GB! yeah right!!! :D

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Actually he was hospitalized a few months ago and afterwards he is not doing his work as he was doing before. But he is DOING it. Simple, i know what this guy is capable of.

See i am not defending him, it's just not that simple for a newbie to cook a ROM as you know and so it is taking a while for him. Simple.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
hmmm makes sense because I tried to find resources on how to start working on a new ROM. Couldn't get a solid start. I have few friends too who are interested but after our office life we don't get much time. Moreover, I had a spondylitis attack recently :(

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Me too suffered with severe back pain, but still i am learning Android like 1 hr a day in weekdays and learning how to cook a Custom ROM. in fact rex4u is helping me in this. :D

It will take much time, but i hope someday i'll cook my own ROM for my mobile.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Downloading it. I am waiting for guys in XDA to install and post a feedback. Guess it is not BETA. Otherwise another ROM just sitting in my HDD.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Ok, so I installed the latest firmware from Samfirmware. It is a bug-fix rom of the previous one it seems. Till now no issues. Atleast that SOD is gone. I will post more reviews in the morning.

guys I think you can flash your mobiles with this latest offering from Samfirmware. It is stable with no bugs. I have yet to test some games (Angry Birds was not working in earlier rom). Moreover there were some reports in xda that mkv files cannot be played on this one.

Top Bottom