Official Nokia 5800 XpressMusic discussion thread

sujoyp

Grand Master
its not tht i hate the phone............:shock:
but the camera cud have been better & looks cud hav been sleeker............
wud hav been the perfect phone then.....:razz:

Sorry for being rude but u can start a new thread for ur requirements...
and if u really dont like the cam and looks....u can search for better options..
there r soo many touchscreens available with better cam and sleeker designs:smile:

maddy_in65

Journeyman
I am looking to replace my N73 with Nokia 5800 XM. I read the whole thread and it sounds good to buy it. I want to know the current price in Pune. If anybody knows please update me.

xtremedia

Broken In
Bro if u dont like 5800 then open a new thread:-x....this is only for 5800 lovers...

BTW try samsung pixon

its not tht i hate the phone............:shock:
but the camera cud have been better & looks cud hav been sleeker............
wud hav been the perfect phone then.....:razz:

Sorry for being rude but u can start a new thread for ur requirements...
and if u really dont like the cam and looks....u can search for better options..
there r soo many touchscreens available with better cam and sleeker designs:smile:

lol, sujoyp and people in general c'mon dont get too emotional with ur phone, after all its just a phone.
As for raj_in, the reason people appreciate 5800 is because of its features/price ratio. You simply cant get the equivalent features at this price.
Now the style and the implementation of features can be subjective.
I am a 5800 user and i love it.But i may have gone for a iphone 3G if it was within my reach(i dont want to buy a phone on EMI :smile:).
I went for 5800 because of price and also because it supports multitasking.

nyways theres Samsung Omnia HD coming up in few months, that has the awesome cam,touch also and coolness and power of iphone :). You may wish to have a look at the previews of the phone at www.allaboutsymbian.com.

Hope you find 'ur phone'

sujoyp

Grand Master
^^ are bhai emotional atyachaar ho raha hai....

Anyways Samsung HD will be priced 3 times that of 5800:p

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
Broke Screen of 5800 Damn , do u guys think that i will get warrenty , my phone is not even 2 months old . the stock screen cover is still not taken out , damn .

james347

Broken In
I am looking to replace my N73 with Nokia 5800 XM. I read the whole thread and it sounds good to buy it. I want to know the current price in Pune. If anybody knows please update me.

Well my dear friend,

I exactly don't know the price but it must be between 18K-19K.

Thanks

vigneshnm

Broken In
Hi guys i bought 5800 on sat. I upgraded the software using Software Update and prior to that i had made a backup & also removed my memory card. However, after the update, none of the songs & videos that it shipped with are playing. Its giving errors like "File is corrupted" & "cannot play file". Plz help me rectify this

maddy_in65

Journeyman
I have purchased 5800 on saturday for 18.4K. Its Manufacturing month is Jan 09. I am worried about any bug in the phone as it is discussed earlier. However my phone is working fine and i liked it most. I want to updated its firmware however my net connection is down for some days. Currently it shows Version as 10.2 and something. Is there any possibility to update firmware offline.

Please suggest good apps for this. I am looking for some gud games but whenever i install any java games it wont work as full screen. I am looking for gud browser and i checked Opera mini and it doesnt works full screen.

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
I don't think that u can update the firmware offline. U gotta have an active net connection for this.

Ur best bet will be 2 give it 2 the Nokia care centre people who will update the firmware free 4 u.

maddy_in65

Journeyman
I will update once i got my connection back. However my current version is 10.1 and something and as per nokia site current version is 20.1 and something. I googled for firmware versions and found that updating version from 10.1 to 11.something is 110Mb:shock:. Is it true that are so heavy files to update. I am having low bandwith connection which is wireless connection. I am fearing connection break up during updation.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I will update once i got my connection back. However my current version is 10.1 and something and as per nokia site current version is 20.1 and something. I googled for firmware versions and found that updating version from 10.1 to 11.something is 110Mb:shock:. Is it true that are so heavy files to update. I am having low bandwith connection which is wireless connection. I am fearing connection break up during updation.

dont take unnecessary tension....just give ur mobile to nokia service center...they will update to the latest one....even u can tell them to activate the preloaded songs which will not work in case of self updation.

Last edited:

maddy_in65

Journeyman
I will visit Nokia service center and update the firmware and my another concern is image quality. If you compare images of 5800 XM with images of N73 which has same 3.2 pix cam, N73 images looks good. Does firmware update solve this problem.

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
I will visit Nokia service center and update the firmware and my another concern is image quality. If you compare images of 5800 XM with images of N73 which has same 3.2 pix cam, N73 images looks good. Does firmware update solve this problem.

This is true..N73's cam is far superior than 5800's.

sushantvirdi

Journeyman
Mobile Download Accelerator S60v3 S60v5

*img13.imageshack.us/img13/7297/main2h.gif

Mobile Download Accelerator is a wirelessterminal high-speed download client platform, especially designed to enhance mobile users downloading experience by providing easy-to-use, speedy and effective access to mobile value-added content.
The Software is developed with most advanced technology, and provide functionalities including content preview, seamless connection site, resuming broken session, multi-threading, parallel multi-point transmission, P2P download, intelligent parcel technology and file compression; file management, anti-virus.
Keep mobile users away from slow connection and cut-off midway from downloading.
1000Chi also offers integrated wireless value added contents, with updated graphics, audio, books, magazines, mobile games. Enjoy the incredible access to any contents and the high-speed fluid download just like the running down water fall.

*www.uploadjockey.com/download/4101450/Download.AcceleratorS60v3.S60v5.rar

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
oh btw, I got a Nokia 5800. For 16k with bill.

Camera sucks, but for sure it is the best VFM fone out there.

Edit:
I've upgraded the fone to v21.0.025. There a few bugs in this firmware - eg. I'm not able to lay the bundled .dcf songs in the memory card.

Top Bottom