Official Nokia 5800 XpressMusic discussion thread

ECE0105

In the zone
The phone looks good.. And with the specs it has... I would definitely prefer it to the iPhone.
When does it come to India???

Power UP

In the zone
It seems its backwards compatible to s60v3 except for the ones that require special mechanical controls. Probably u won't be able to play s60v3 symbian games.

But this is still good news.

Third Eye

gooby pls
*www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-5800-en.shtml

1- has the loudest loudspeakers in the market.
2- everything can be done with one hand.
3- music quality via headphones is very high
4- video playback is on par with ipod touch
5- build quality is good thanks to high quality plastic.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
This Black design is just getting to repetitive by Nokia. They should have tried something new though.

This may be my father's next phone. :D

BTW, there is a mistake in the title of the thread. Isn't it XpressMedia 5800, if I'm not mistaken?

imgame2

Padawan
This Black design is just getting to repetitive by Nokia. They should have tried something new though.

This may be my father's next phone. :D

BTW, there is a mistake in the title of the thread. Isn't it XpressMedia 5800, if I'm not mistaken?

well it says ...

nokia 5800 Xpressmusic

here

*europe.nokia.com/A41271011

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aaaaa, again confused with Nokia N79 or this, that's it, I M buying Nokia 1100 :D

this is indeed a nice phone but also dirt magnet. I guess for people like me, N79 is more viable

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
It is XpressMusic. There is no XpressMedia. Please get that term out of your systems. :)

GX, how can you say the phone will be a dirt magnet?

IMO it is an awesome phone. Better than any N-Series out there (except for camera).

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
are thik hai, touch screen for me is just a novelty of 4 days. I just hope N79 is good in real world like N82 & not to slow or I will have to wait again to see buy this

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
As far as processing speeds are concerned, Nokia is moving in the forward direction. So there should be no fear of slower devices in future. The future devices will only be faster than the previous ones. There won't be any 6600 or 3230 any more.

nikhilpai

Techans
aaaaa, again confused with Nokia N79 or this, that's it, I M buying Nokia 1100 :D

this is indeed a nice phone but also dirt magnet. I guess for people like me, N79 is more viable

I am in the same boat as u :)
After managing to convince myself to wait for the N79, I now have the difficult task of keeping myself away from the N79 so that I can buy the 5800

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
About time Nokia had a touchscreen. :)

Here's the GSMArena Specification Sheet
and here's the GSMArena News on 5800 XM.
You guys may already have visited GSMArena. This is just for those who havent. :)

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
n79 will be very fast .. no doubts abt it .. only choice is xenon flash or not ..

*www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-5800-en.shtml

Last edited:

nikhilpai

Techans
India launch in 3rd week of November:

Source: *economictimes.indiatimes.com/Nokia..._in_India_by_November/articleshow/3561429.cms

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
After going through those interface videos and the touch screen needing a bit of pressure, I feel a bit sad that Nokia has come up with kind-of-okay phone and the inteface too looks a bit confusing. Xperia's interface looks much better.

Anyways, will have to what the final product has to offer and the price!!

Top Bottom