Official Nokia 5800 XpressMusic discussion thread

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Re: Nokia 5800 XpressMusic's 1st appearance

I don't why they added the music phone angle. Maybe because it is a competitor to the iPhone and the iPhone is basically a music phone.

As for the pricing, there is no way they can slot it below the N95 8gb. Actually now I am wondering where exactly are they gonna place it. Predicting this won't be easy. But one thing for sure. It won't be cheap. Then again, Nokia's other models like the N95 8gb and the N96 might see some major price drops to make room for this one.

And no it is not Xpress Media, but Xpress Music. Atleast as of yet, it is. :)

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k

Hahaha .......when both iphone and xperia can be priced above 30-35k, Nokia 5800 XpressMusic at 25k is too costly???? lol :D

Compare the Xperia and this Xpress-whateva and compare. Is there anything to compare actually?? The Xperia beats it in every damn thing.

Hopefully Nokia has some real great technology running behind the screen, coz its a 3.2 inch screen and has a resolution of 640x480 while phones like XPERIA with a 3 inch screen has a vga resolution screen

Power UP

In the zone

On second thought this is useless.....Xperia is the best phone in ur opinon, then good for u ;)

Last edited:
OP
bhushan2k

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes

Compare the Xperia and this Xpress-whateva and compare. Is there anything to compare actually?? The Xperia beats it in every damn thing.

Hopefully Nokia has some real great technology running behind the screen, coz its a 3.2 inch screen and has a resolution of 640x480 while phones like XPERIA with a 3 inch screen has a vga resolution screen

dude let it atleast come out first..while sittin on our chair n jst reading 1 article we cant predict nything unless n until we c d real specs of what xactly it is made p of....

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k

Can u plz elaborate how exactly "The Xperia beats it in every damn thing" apart from the QWERTY keyboard ?? :D

Do i even need to comment on that?? :lol:

And anyways, the Xperia is not really targetted to this segment of the market. The Samsung pixon and the lg renoir shall take care of that.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent

xperia looks to be a fantastic wm phone ..

this looks good .. should be around 20k cos its mid end .. read somewhere that they are coming with 8mp touchscreen flagship ..

i dont thing all those 8mp cams are needed .. all we need is better optics, sensors with improved image processing algorithms , better low light performance, stereo sound in video recordings, and recording in divx/xvid format , and combination of n82 xenon for photos and n85 dual led flash for videos .. that is enough for an awesome camera phone ..

right now i am using n95 8gb ..only thing missed is xenon flash of n82 ..

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k

offtopic:

@ yogi- How about this for low light??

C905

*farm4.static.flickr.com/3043/2887572300_e045bc036b.jpg

*www.flickr.com/photos/marcusradecker/2887572300/sizes/o/

*farm4.static.flickr.com/3073/2887572302_bc306f4440.jpg

*www.flickr.com/photos/marcusradecker/2887572302/sizes/o/

Last edited:

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!

^^ C905 pics are awesome

but N81 or 6220 + 8MP digicam > C905 :lol: (price)

It's Xpress Media

*talkaboutnseries.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/nokia-5800-xpressmedia-3.jpg

It's will be a mid end phone read on thousands of site's

OP
bhushan2k

bhushan2k

@ dreamcatcher....awesome dude....they r amazing even under a low light condition...better dan my kodak easyshare....lol...

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

Any quotes on the Nokia 5800 price??

Offtopic://
^^ C905 pics are awesome

but N81 or 6220 + 8MP digicam > C905 :lol: (price)
Hahahaha, In the end you'll remain a n00b fanboy.......:lol: :lol:

Who'll want to carry to things together. N81 is already a birck @ 140grams and then carry another 8mp digicam. I'm not saying that C905 is better than a digicam but still....:lol:

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!

Who'll want to carry to things together. N81 is already a birck @ 140grams and then carry another 8mp digicam. I'm not saying that C905 is better than a digicam but still....:lol:

i was talking about price :)

my point was phones are just for casual pics if you need something really good then a digicam

and when i talked about the weight thing in the N96 thread that N96 weight is much less then you all start jumping saying that weight does not matter and all that stuff

maybe you are much weak that even 140 gm affects you :lol:

no point talking to you :lol:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect

I don't mind carrying Digicam with my phone. On the contrary, I pack everything my Digicam,Mobile, Mini USB cable, Pen drive, Card reader, Essential softwares on my phone's memory card as well as my pen drive, Mobile charger in my college bag. :D

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...

sh1t man!! :x just when I was thinking of buying N82. :neutral: Why do they always have to release new models every now and then? the market is sooo volatile..grr.. :x :( :neutral:

Few things I have to say:
1. How can one call a 3.2 inch Touchscreen @ 640x360 @ 16:9 aspect ratio a Mid-End phone?
2. How can one call a 3.5 G device, Mid-End?
3. How can one call 3.2 MP camera with VGA 30 FPS video recording, just mid-end?

Is the MegaPixel count the only thing that says whether a phone is low/mid/high/ultra-high end?

I'm pretty Damn sure that to drive such a screen and such features, there must be a fast processor and good amount of RAM in it, isnt it?

If this is mid-end, then iPhone should be low-end depending on the MP count. Which is not the case...

Yes, it is lower than where Xperia, etc stands. But noway only mid-end. This is not gonna be priced below 22k. Id expect it to release at a price like 24k. :neutral:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k

^^^This is mid end. It has a 3.2 inch screen and anythin less than the resolution it offers is criminal. Even the touch diamond with a smaller screen has a vga screen

3.5g is even present in 7k phones like SE g502. :lol:

dude... you have no idea as to what the market as to offer.so look over a few brands and then we can have a chat.. This is offering at its very basic and should not be more than 18k.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...

What I am saying is; the combination of the features it offers, in not exclusive mid-end.

SEG502? :lol: So it offers 3.5G? so what? Does it have 3.2 Inch touchscreen? Does it have VGA 30FPS recording? :lol:

The combination of features is something that deserves no less than 22k as I said. Common, touchscreen, Widescreen resolution. And of course this is first S60 touchscreen from Nokia with brand new OS. This is gonna be expensive.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k

yep.G502 has HSDPA or 3.5g as you would like to say so.I am in no mood to rpovide examples of phoes already in the market. Its just a basic offering with a touchscreen.If its anything more than 20k it will be a flop, with LG renoir coming up with vga 30fps and 120 fps QVGA recording and a 8mp cam with xenon flash. Btw, its touchscreen too.lol

OP
bhushan2k

bhushan2k

we cant predict nythin at this moment. if we consider the d touchscreen factor, windows mobile devices having touchscreen dont support more than 65k colors..but when u say about nokia gadgets, all devices implementing by nokia r of 16 million colors.so definitely this device will also hv 16 million true colors..so price matters. i think as far as i know this will b d first touchscreen cellphone with 16 million colors..vat say??

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer

iPhone has a 16M colour display too. But it's resolution is less than that of the 5800.

Top Bottom