Official Nokia 5800 XpressMusic discussion thread

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^^ u wanna compare the pics from the 5800s cam with N79????
the N79s cam will beat the holy hell out of the 5800s cam anyday especially @ night.

the k790i takes better pics than the 5800

nikhilpai

Techans
Can someone do a photo comparision of pics taken fron N79 at 3 MP & 5800 at 3 mp?

Don't bother. I announce the N79 as the winner without testing. :))

the k790i takes better pics than the 5800

Even my 2 MP N70 takes better pics than the 5800 at night :))

afaik NPD charges bet 20-20.5k for the 5800XM + Sennheiser LX90.

offtopic :
is a 2month old Omnia 8GB for 20.5k shipped a gud deal?worth getting it?
fone comes with bill & all original accessories.

The NPD price depends from city to city. In Mumbai its 21.8k whereas in Delhi its 20k.

The Omnia is definitely worth it !!

Last edited:

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
checked out the phone yesterday at the nokia priority dealer .....the interface is slow and the phone does not move as seamlessly from application to application as the I phone does .....despite the multi touch missing the touch support is still no where near the I phone league......

but still the 16000 price difference evens everything out.....and the audio quality and screen quality are amazing....

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Hmm....means my assumption wasn't wrong. Even Nokia N97 isn't the god phone for me, cos it is 150gm heavy & has a keyboard as well as Touchscreen. I like just one, Touchscreen.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
^ I, on the other hand would like a powerful handset to have both, keypad(full QWERTY) as well as touchscreen. I type a lot..

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Exen i type a lot but i have my speed good on a phone's keypad so i can live with just phone keypad.

Give me nokia n97 without keypad & that costly inbuilt memory for 20k & i m selling my nokia n79 today.

By the way, can u guys tell me how r stereo bluetooth earphones Nokia BH-103? Does using bluetooth headphone takes lots of phone battery? It's a good handsfree too but not available here. Can someone tell me the cost.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ using BT handsfree especially stereo ones will surely drain ur fones battery quickly especially if u listen to music for extended periods.

nikhilpai

Techans
I have now jumped from a N70 directly to the 5800. While I could enjoy installing unsigned applications on the N70, I am now suddenly restricted to installing only signed apps. I have a couple of queries on Symbian apps for version Symbian 9.x:

1. Does a symbian installation file have to be signed for each IMEI number separately?

2. Is the Nokia 5800 fw v11 hackable ? If not what is the best way to install software downloaded from sites like mobilesmania on the 5800?

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
1. Does a symbian installation file have to be signed for each IMEI number separately?

From what I did, I signed up at SymbianSigned.com as a developer & got my publisher ID soon, then I downloaded SignSIS & copied my own reg file & certificate file to my phone & using SignSIS I can sign any SIS file for my phone only.

However there is OPDA certificate available too. You can download it from my skydrive.

1) Copy all the files to your memory card

2) Start SignSIS & click on the first field to select the File U want to sign

3) Click on option & click "Self Sign" This should do for most apps, if not then give the path of OPDA certificate & reg key & sign using that.

2. Is the Nokia 5800 fw v11 hackable ? If not what is the best way to install software downloaded from sites like mobilesmania on the 5800?

My N79's firmware is not yet hacked, so forget about your phone being hacked this soon :D

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
lotsa advantages for starters:
1>u can install any unsigned apps meant for that platform.
2>u can played c*****d n-gage games for free (full versions ofcourse :D)
3>no 'Certificate Expired' error.
4>lotsa others fone specific hacks.

raj_in

In the zone
how wide is d screen?
like i know its a 3.2inch screen b ut what is its widht
smaller than d ipod touch??????

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
guys how does a 1-1 swap with a HTC Touch Diamond with my 5800XM sound?
didnt get the Omnia 8GB got a ZN5 2day instead.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
HTC Touch Diamond is very slow.trust me.You have to switch off Touchflo in order to make it function properly. I suggest you get a Renoir after selling the 5800.

suniljain

Right off the assembly line
nokia provides many usefull application to download just go to:-

*www.nokia.co.in/find-products/products/nokia-5800-xpressmusic/download-application

there is some game application some software that very usefull for nokia user.

raj_in

In the zone
hey wht happened 2 my ques no1 answered it
does d sales package include a stand?
how wide is d screen?

nikhilpai

Techans
hey wht happened 2 my ques no1 answered it
does d sales package include a stand?
how wide is d screen?

1. Yes. The sales package includes stand.
2. The width is smaller than iPod Touch / iPhone

Top Bottom