Official July 2008 Desktop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

narangz

Web developer
@rajbir: there is definitely a view at 100% option in that skitch window. Unless you are viewing it on an iPhone. :(

Well I guess something's wrong with me tonight. Here's the screenshot & tell me where is the zoom button:

*img156.imageshack.us/img156/9832/sktchmi2.th.jpg

P.S.- I am on Firefox 3.

Bhai your mouse pointer convers to a zoom button (+) when you hover it over the pic.
First right click on the image and select open the image in new window.When it opens up,you will know what I am talking about.

@Goobi,yup,OS X doesn't need any theming at all!!
BTW who is Rajbir?

narangz

Web developer
That thing is opening only in IE. Seems FF3 & Opera are not compatible. Don't have Safari right now on XP.

Yes, I am on XP at the moment & recovring some data. BTW- Did I say I really want to get back to Vista? :D

praka123

left this forum longback
Debian and GNU/Linux Rocks!!!

*img8.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/2172/2172498beb43f53a77dfbefc0788ae07d9af3b2.png
click on image for full resolution.

Here is my Debian Sid gloriously completing god know how many months...almost 1 year I suppose. this distro is a proof of Linux superiority.
My harddisk failed(failing) around 2 months back.I immediately copied the distro to the new hdd and did some tweaks and voila!my good old Debian Sid is running as usual. then ,I swap between Via chipset board and gigabyte 915gv boards almost constantly.again Linux and Debian works easily.

Now with latest upgrade to 945GC based board,ram and new processor ,GNU/Linux worked as usual .

Now I wonder whether we can expect this with those so called Vi$ta's and OS X's:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Well I guess something's wrong with me tonight. Here's the screenshot & tell me where is the zoom button:

*img156.imageshack.us/img156/9832/sktchmi2.th.jpg

P.S.- I am on Firefox 3.
Same here no Zoom option.

goobimama

 Macboy
Well it could be that it isn't compatible with ff3. Will keep that in mind the next time I post something here.

Edit: Okay I can't see the zoom button on Safari as well. Must be after the skitch update something is going on in there that needs to be fixed. Though for now one has to drag the image from the skitch window onto a new tab :). Next time we only post direct links.

@prakash: Why? And what makes you think OS X can't do that? That too without the said tweaks. Not sure about what Vista is capable of though.

Last edited:

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Re: Debian and GNU/Linux Rocks!!!

*img8.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/2172/2172498beb43f53a77dfbefc0788ae07d9af3b2.png
click on image for full resolution.

Here is my Debian Sid gloriously completing god know how many months...almost 1 year I suppose. this distro is a proof of Linux superiority.
My harddisk failed(failing) around 2 months back.I immediately copied the distro to the new hdd and did some tweaks and voila!my good old Debian Sid is running as usual. then ,I swap between Via chipset board and gigabyte 915gv boards almost constantly.again Linux and Debian works easily.

Now with latest upgrade to 945GC based board,ram and new processor ,GNU/Linux worked as usual .

Now I wonder whether we can expect this with those so called Vi$ta's and OS X's:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Praka, PLEASE can we keep this thread to what the title says? Please post desktop screenshot only.. We dont want to hear why linux is better than windows or vice-verca.

praka123

left this forum longback
^no ,that was for "pon dataone" and "poff dataone" (I use bridge mode for dataone connxn). I hardly use compiz with Debian.

goobimama

 Macboy
Another one. Just made a new desktop, nothing else is changed.

*img.skitch.com/20080709-1ey6u69n5dgnmi9w94jawq1aka.preview.jpg

I actually plan to put silhouettes of dancers there, but for now the icon will do...

Last edited:

Laughingman

HELL is FULL,So Iam Back
Hey Those who are complaning about zoom and are using FF3
Use you Brian Dumba*s
Download the zoom plugin from firefox's site [Plenty available]

And GOBIMAMA
U have a mac and all you can show us is a damn wallpaper with default everything just simple and clean
A suggestion the desktop looks minimalistic, so try a damn minimalistic wallpaper
then you can show me the mac desktop of your
Else its just lame showing your desktop
A best desktop have a perfect co-ordination of Wallpapers and icons or gagets
The current wallpaper is not doing justice to the desktop

goobimama

 Macboy
Well I wanted to show a new wallpaper I made, and I didn't find any other thread to host it so I put it here instead. I like all the icons hidden, and no clutter on my desktop. And if in case you didn't notice, the dock is a different one.

And secondly, I don't like your tone.

Laughingman

HELL is FULL,So Iam Back
Don't Like My Tone............................OOOOOOOOOOOOOOh
I Just Wanted to Suggest that the desktop is minimalistic so you should have a minimalistic wallpaper as well something with a message or graffiti message

Sorry i you don't like my tone
To put it in simple words i hate your desktop style
U have a mac use it
Mac are meant to make a style statement

goobimama

 Macboy
Show me one mac desktop with a cluttered look to it. Each one has their own style. I for one would never like to sport the number of elements you have on your desktops. I did in the past, but I've grown out of it. When I need my widgets, I just slide to the end of the screen and whoop! they pop up.

And macs are not meant to make a style statement. It just happens that they do.

narangz

Web developer
Show me one mac desktop with a cluttered look to it. Each one has their own style. I for one would never like to sport the number of elements you have on your desktops. I did in the past, but I've grown out of it. When I need my widgets, I just slide to the end of the screen and whoop! they pop up.

Same here. I don't like to clutter my desktop & have just 1 widget that is clock on my Windows Vista installation.

Here's mine, the simplistic desktop:
*img74.imageshack.us/img74/7894/dtopjulygt0.th.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom