Official iOS devices thread

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
nonsense. Does not even answer the question. Cannot make most of those allegations, it is some kind of misapplication of human value systems to corporate entities. Based on a device. Issue not faced in 6S because of RAM and all is absolute faff.

What could be your explanation? The $650 6S takes only ~$250 to build..don't say these companies are not going after profits.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
What could be your explanation? The $650 6S takes only ~$250 to build..don't say these companies are not going after profits.

src? That is actually two separate questions hidden in one, and my explanation does not matter at all. Jony Ive has answered these questions many times in Interviews, here is one from wired.

"We are really pleased with our revenues but our goal isn't to make money. It sounds a little flippant, but it's the truth. Our goal and what makes us excited is to make great products. If we are successful people will like them and if we are operationally competent, we will make money," he said.

He explained how, in the 90s, Apple was very close to bankruptcy and that "you learn a lot about vital corporations through non-vital corporations". When Steve Jobs returned to the company in 1997, his focus was not on making money -- "His observation was that the products weren't good enough. His resolve was to make better products." This was a different approach from other attempts to turn the company around, which had focused first and foremost on cost savings and revenue generation.

Jonathan Ive: Apple's goal isn't to make money (Wired UK)

there is another interview in which he outlined the reasearch behind every minute decision, will post if I find it. And the Objectified documentary where he explains the process, they design the machines that make the products more than the products themselves. These use cutting edge tech (diamond drill heads). The products are manufactured to more exact specifications and less fault tolerance.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
src? That is actually two separate questions hidden in one, and my explanation does not matter at all. Jony Ive has answered these questions many times in Interviews, here is one from wired.

Jonathan Ive: Apple's goal isn't to make money (Wired UK)

there is another interview in which he outlined the reasearch behind every minute decision, will post if I find it. And the Objectified documentary where he explains the process, they design the machines that make the products more than the products themselves. These use cutting edge tech (diamond drill heads). The products are manufactured to more exact specifications and less fault tolerance.

This also does not answer OP's question.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
it was meant to answer your question, you asked for an explanation. :lol: not OP's question, who is not the OP, just some P. :rofl:

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
it was meant to answer your question, you asked for an explanation. :lol: not OP's question, who is not the OP, just some P. :rofl:

Just some quote does not answer mine too..who would want to say they make products to make money only. iPhone 6 models are a copy of htc..good design by mr johny ..made a phone which easily bends ...

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
well if you are going to listen to random people who say Apple makes products for money, and not to Jony Ive when he says the revenue is secondary in their intentions, then there is clearly something wrong in how you process information
Im not even asking you to believe it, but just arguing that some non specific people saying Apple is a greedy corporation, as against, the creator of these products saying, no, we tried that and it didn't work for us is something I cannot understand.
If anyone else could think like Jony Ive, they would.
It seems like he is slowly and steadily, without compromise and with careful consideration, training iOS users to use the devices of the future, everyone else just make a line up of revolutionary gadgets every year. It's a pleasure to use these devices, if you don't want to understand, I cannot help you.

PS I checked up on your dollar figures also
they are estimates based on tear downs and
It should be noted that an unlocked 64GB iPhone 6s has an initial retail price of $749. It doesn’t mean that Apple is saving about $500 on each iPhone as there are manufacturing, distribution as well as promotional costs as well.
Here's How Much it Costs Apple to Build New iPhone 6s

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
well if you are going to listen to random people who say Apple makes products for money, and not to Jony Ive when he says the revenue is secondary in their intentions, then there is clearly something wrong in how you process information
Im not even asking you to believe it, but just arguing that some non specific people saying Apple is a greedy corporation, as against, the creator of these products saying, no, we tried that and it didn't work for us is something I cannot understand.
If anyone else could think like Jony Ive, they would.
It seems like he is slowly and steadily, without compromise and with careful consideration, training iOS users to use the devices of the future, everyone else just make a line up of revolutionary gadgets every year. It's a pleasure to use these devices, if you don't want to understand, I cannot help you.

PS I checked up on your dollar figures also
they are estimates based on tear downs and

Here's How Much it Costs Apple to Build New iPhone 6s

Bending issue????

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
yeah bendgate made a lot of noise, with it never being made public exactly how many devices had the problem or what percentage of the devices were affected. But worldwide, even a few devices seemed to have gained considerable media attention.
*twitter.com/CNBCtech/status/515199059112775680

Next question.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
yeah bendgate made a lot of noise, with it never being made public exactly how many devices had the problem or what percentage of the devices were affected. But worldwide, even a few devices seemed to have gained considerable media attention.
*twitter.com/CNBCtech/status/515199059112775680

Next question.

7000 aluminium used to resolve bendgate issues.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
is that a question? what is the question? anyway, guess it is rumours.
If there is earlier version of the "story" than this >
How Apple MAY fix #bendgate | Rings - Giorgio Pagliara
which is a great read, but nonetheless all conjecture.

are you reading too much junk on the internet? just click and follow through on the source, and pay attention to the wording used in the original story. It is not so difficult to verify all this for yourself. If you don't wanna bother, stick to wired or ars technica.

- - - Updated - - -

[YOUTUBE]cSTEB8cdQwo[/YOUTUBE]

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
is that a question? what is the question? anyway, guess it is rumours.
If there is earlier version of the "story" than this >
How Apple MAY fix #bendgate | Rings - Giorgio Pagliara
which is a great read, but nonetheless all conjecture.

are you reading too much junk on the internet? just click and follow through on the source, and pay attention to the wording used in the original story. It is not so difficult to verify all this for yourself. If you don't wanna bother, stick to wired or ars technica.

- - - Updated - - -

[YOUTUBE]cSTEB8cdQwo[/YOUTUBE]

₹62000/- for a 16GB phone! What more ridiculous can you be. This is looting.

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Hah the cost does bring tears to ones eyes, it did to me... 82k for the 64 GB IPhone 6S plus e... One can get a bike for that, or a semi decent gaming pc ... Indeed a ridiculous price, but most probably its worth it!!

But I have been using android for the last 5 years and they dont impress either... I say I pay more and, hopefully , just hopefully i will have my peace of mind and have a smartphone whixh isnt junk after a year.

I bought the iphone 6s plua 64 gb model 20 days back, and let me tell you... having used both android and windows phones... Its just such a smooth experience... Things just work. I am sure you guys have had ppl come and tell you this time and again...

Lets see give it 6 months time and how it continues to work ... The only way for me to see my moneys worth would be mid next year.

I tell you if iPhone doesnt live up to its 'hype' i am gonna go back to Nokia sub 2k model and live in the world of just call and sms and no smartass phone and no whatsapp ...

Edit:
Oh and btw Happy New Year folks. Wish you a most wonderful 2016.

Edit 2: added the iphone model i bought

Last edited:

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Hah the cost does bring tears to ones eyes, it did to me... 82k for the 64 GB IPhone 6S plus e... One can get a bike for that, or a semi decent gaming pc ... Indeed a ridiculous price, but most probably its worth it!!

But I have been using android for the last 5 years and they dont impress either... I say I pay more and, hopefully , just hopefully i will have my peace of mind and have a smartphone whixh isnt junk after a year.

I bought the iphone 20 days back, and let me tell you... having used both android and windows phones... Its just such a smooth experience... Things just work. I am sure you guys have had ppl come and tell you this time and again...

Lets see give it 6 months time and how it continues to work ... The only way for me to see my moneys worth would be mid next year.

I tell you if iPhone doesnt live up to its 'hype' i am gonna go back to Nokia sub 2k model and live in the world of just call and sms and no smartass phone and no whatsapp ...

Edit:
Oh and btw Happy New Year folks. Wish you a most wonderful 2016.

Which model you bought?

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
IPhone 6s Plus 64 gb. I will go edit the previous post to include that. And covered the phone up with spigen rough case.

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
My earlier phones were atleast 5.5" ... Note 2, lenovo vibe z2 pro, windows 640 xl .... So as you see i have a thing for them big so the iphone fits right in size wise...

Jokes aside ... I have reltlatively big hands and even fatter fingers :p 5.5" screen allows me to do my reading without squinting, typing without lot of typos or tiring out my fingers... So thats just the right size i prefer.

Yes battery life isnt that great but i think its more because of the apps in the background playing the culprit. I have to read some morw up on tje battery thingy to see how to get extra juice out of it. In last 40 min i have lost 11% charge.
But not too concerned with battery because day to day use evry xorner i turn theres a power socket and its not bad enuff to run out within 9 hrs

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
& does ios 9 work good with iphone 5s ???
Works quite well tbh. Didn't notice any slowdown on friends device when I tried.

am admin to 5 grps in whatsapp bt in this process will those grps be deleted or i lose admin status ???
Nothing will happen. It will be same as it was. No groups or ownership will change.

[MENTION=186]ax3[/MENTION]

Top Bottom