Official iOS devices thread

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Why download torrents on iPad :/

Use PC/Laptop for torrents :|

Anyways check this out: *code.google.com/p/itransmission/

PC consumes much more power than an iPad, also in places where power cuts exists iPad runs on battery much longer.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways check this out: *code.google.com/p/itransmission/

Its stuck at "Installing". I clicked the Install under itunes->apps section & 'Apply' ..the app shows greyed on ipad and upon touching it displays "installing" ..nothing happens. i think its not compatible with my device.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
why should it be a PC replacement? A pc cannot replace an iPad.

you cannot play single device 4 player multiplayer games on a PC. Board games are much better on iPad. How to endless run on pc? What about touchscreen puzzle titles, better on iPad than PC. Then there are tower defense titles.

D

Deleted member 118788

you cannot play single device 4 player multiplayer games on a PC. Board games are much better on iPad. How to endless run on pc? What about touchscreen puzzle titles, better on iPad than PC. Then there are tower defense titles.

He is saying because of the price it is launched.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl

He is saying because of the price it is launched.

I am not going to buy a ~70k device to play board games. I want it to be a productivity tool, my workstation & I think Apple is also marketing it as such.

D

Deleted member 118788

I am not going to buy a ~70k device to play board games. I want it to be a productivity tool, my workstation & I think Apple is also marketing it as such.

The reality is the device is not going to be productive for anybody.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
What false promise has Apple made in the marketing? They never overstate the usefulness of the product, and are always very careful about that. They never mention it is supposed to replace desktops.

at least good for artists and media industry

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
yeah, people may buy without looking at the usage scenario, that is their fault, not Apple's.
All the marketing also mentions portability, so Im sure people won't be too confused about this. Especially since you cannot slip a desktop into your bag.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
yeah, people may buy without looking at the usage scenario, that is their fault, not Apple's.
All the marketing also mentions portability, so Im sure people won't be too confused about this. Especially since you cannot slip a desktop into your bag.

Of course, its their fault. I'm writing about its usability to me & to business users in general.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Ok this matter is at the very heart of Apple design.
Dieter Rams (Braun), one of the most influential industrial designers outlined 10 principles of good design, and he himself said in the documentary Objectified that currently Apple is the only company that follows all the principles. Jony Ive is known for this.

Number 6 is : Is honest - It does not make a product appear more innovative, powerful or valuable than it really is. It does not attempt to manipulate the consumer with promises that cannot be kept.

D

Deleted member 118788

What false promise has Apple made in the marketing? They never overstate the usefulness of the product, and are always very careful about that. They never mention it is supposed to replace desktops.

at least good for artists and media industry

Wacom have much better options for the artists.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Ok this matter is at the very heart of Apple design.
Dieter Rams (Braun), one of the most influential industrial designers outlined 10 principles of good design, and he himself said in the documentary Objectified that currently Apple is the only company that follows all the principles. Jony Ive is known for this.

Number 6 is : Is honest - It does not make a product appear more innovative, powerful or valuable than it really is. It does not attempt to manipulate the consumer with promises that cannot be kept.

I'm not faulting Apple Inc for following all the right principles. If the end product is not attractive and expensive for what it does to me then who's fault is it? I cannot understand what are you trying to say!

Anyone having an iPhone 5s with ios 9 and above and using 2G(Edge) connectivity?

I have recently bought iPhone 5S. Can you share your experience in terms of slowness or fastness in using various apps like Whatsapp, Gmail, Mail, etc?

To be more clear, let me explain my problem.........

I have bought the iphone 5S 2 weeks back. it came with 9.1 out of the box. Was a genuine box piece.

I use 2G(Edge) connectivity for data. I have installed Whatsapp and have a few email accounts configured in the Mail app.

I have a issue. When a message comes or email comes, it shows the notification and the red badge icon. But when i open the app(whatsapp or mail app), the message is not seen. it downloads in front of me when i open the app, even if the notification has come 10-15 mins back, I have background app refrsh ON for both the apps. Another eg, when i wake up in the morn and see that have several emails and whatsapp messages in the notification, i see these msgs and emails have come in the night. bu when i open the app again, these msgs start downloading in the app.

I updated to ios9.2 last week but the issue persists with whatsapp and Mail app. did the upgrade using itunes not ota.

I have never had this problem with any android phone. I have used several android phones but no such issue faced. I am using the same nano card which i was using on android. I dont think this is a 2G data connectivity problem. Whenever I had a bunch of msgs in the night and open the whatsapp app or the email client in the morning, the msgs are already there within the app ready for me to read on android.

Does any body face the same issue with iphone 5S?

Last edited:

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Its because older apple products suck despite them selling. They sell these with an intention of dumping the stocks. This issue is not faced in 6S I think as finally they've upgraded to 2GB RAM. Cost cutting is the prime objective as they want to only reap profits, its the demand of investors.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^anything :rofl: src?

hmm
that behavior with whatsapp happens on 3GS with 5.x as well. Partial text and sender shows up in the notification area, but when you open the app, the messages appear load again.
Maybe it is different on droids, but it has always been like this for iOS.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
nonsense. Does not even answer the question. Cannot make most of those allegations, it is some kind of misapplication of human value systems to corporate entities. Based on a device. Issue not faced in 6S because of RAM and all is absolute faff.

Top Bottom