Official iOS devices thread

Pat

Beyond Smart
re: Official iPhone/iPod Touch owners thread

Clippy now supports Copy-Pasting from web-pages too. So we now have true system wide Copy-Paste on iPhone. Sweet :D

OP
Tanmay Satpathy

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung

Just for curiosity, what does the "i" in "iPhone" stands for?

Apple started using the "i" trend since the introduction of iMac. I just wonder what does this "i" stands for!!!

pickster

Professional Layabout.

Just for curiosity, what does the "i" in "iPhone" stands for?

Apple started using the "i" trend since the introduction of iMac. I just wonder what does this "i" stands for!!!

What, for example, does the 'i' stand for in the Apple iPod and the Nintendo DSi?
A quick office poll drew up blank faces and an even quicker Google search of 'what does the 'i' in iPod mean' suggests that it originally stood for 'internet' in the case of Apple's iMac brand.
However, an Apple rep told us that the i in iPod was just a brand name and not an acronmyn.

Source:*www.techradar.com/news/portable-devices/mp3-players/what-does-the-i-in-ipod-and-dsi-mean--534928

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...

pickster said:
.. that it originally stood for 'internet' in the case of Apple's iMac brand..
Yeah, iMacs were meant for those kinda PCs for home users who did basic stuff like web browsing, office work, music and didnt need that much of power and upgradability. The iMacs were elegant in their times and spoke of style. It started making appearance in the house of elites and commoners alike. And I'm speaking too much.

Just trying to sound like a fanboy, how was that? :D

OP
Tanmay Satpathy

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung

Thats really informative IronManForever, thanks for sharing.

Thanks to Picster too...

I also wonder, how to copy-paste from web-page using clippy!!!

Pat

Beyond Smart

^^ It is still experimental...Double tap and hold (when you tap second time), you will see the menu to copy text from the para!!

Guys who have jailbroken, try out SysInfoPlus! Pretty cool I say :)

Pat

Beyond Smart

iBluetooth released for general public..7 days trial available..

*www.spaziocellulare.com/ispazio/en/2009/03/11/ibluetooth-is-finally-here-ispazio-exclusive/
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
iBluetooth released for general public..7 days trial available..

*www.spaziocellulare.com/ispazio/en/2009/03/11/ibluetooth-is-finally-here-ispazio-exclusive/

Last edited:

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜

Ya tried. It fails to receive file from WM(Tried with ASUS and HTC touch Diamond). But works well with Nokia though the app hangs.Still its a great achievement

the.kaushik

Guys must be by now u all have came to know about the V3.0.. Just for those sill unaware here is a link to see.. WOW
*www.engadget.com/2009/03/17/live-from-apples-iphone-os-3-0-preview-event/

Ei8t

Journeyman

guys my friend is willing to sell his iphone (1st gen) for just 13k... is it worth it. i wanted the 3G one but this one is dirt cheap.. so shud i go ahead? and is there any app to fwd the sms or we hav to type the whole sms? thanks

Pat

Beyond Smart

^^ If everything works and the phone is in decent physical condition then take it! You will find apps to forward smses!

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...

Any way anyone could try out the new OS in an iPod touch 2G? Now.. Developer betas?

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!

Cough cough , it is "leaked" on cough cough . my friend is useing in his 2G iphoe

the.kaushik

Hi Guys, Actually for some days i was trying to get a blogger template which would be compatibly with iphone/ipod touch browser. But with no luck. So thought of doing some engineering myself on the blogger template and see if anything can be done. Here is the result in my blog. Please have a look and suggest :D
Thanks guys.
*classictutorials.blogspot.com/2009/03/anouncement-of-bti-blogger-template-for.html

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!

Remixed iNav theme

Was getting bored this Saturday... So thot of doing something nice :)) I took the iNav UI and modded it to my liking, integrating widgets, editing the main menu and revamping the dock. I present you the iNav ANi Remix!

*img13.imageshack.us/img13/4546/img0001d.th.png*img13.imageshack.us/img13/66/img0002eks.th.png*img13.imageshack.us/img13/715/img0003r.th.png*img14.imageshack.us/img14/9630/img0004a.th.png

*img14.imageshack.us/img14/111/img0005spg.th.png*img14.imageshack.us/img14/898/img0006k.th.png*img14.imageshack.us/img14/6683/img0007f.th.png*img14.imageshack.us/img14/4091/img0008aai.th.png

ToDo: The battery status on LockScreen is not visible, gotta fix that. The Slide to Unlock also needs to be enhanced. This theme has been customized for iPod Touch, however by editing the dock icons and placing the Phone and Text/SMS icons this can be converted to an iPhone theme. If anyone wants any help then kindly drop me a message at my blog. Since I am not that frequent here these days you can catch up with the latest version there, even tho I will make every effort to post the updates on Digit Forums.

For those of you who dunno how to install the iPhone/iPod Touch theme, I'm gonna quote the procedure. I'm too lazy to type :p

[Guide] Things you will need to install this theme:

iPhone/iPod Touch with 2.2.1 Firmware (Tested, might work with older firmware)
Categories V2.23 (Tested, Might Work with older version)

Download Categories V2.23 via Cydia.

Once downloaded make two new categories by clicking on the Add tab on the top right. Call the first one “Games” and the next one “Apps”.

Then place all your games into the Games folder. Next place every app into the Apps folder except for: Clock, Calculator, Notes, Videos, Photos, Settings, Mail, Safari and Music/iPod. Its also a good idea to add apps like Winterboard, Terminal, Categories to the SpringBoard settings Dock.

Install the blank webclips. To do this place the blank webclips (provided) in the folder: /Private/Var/Mobile/Library/Webclips (You will need a software like sshfs, if using Mac OS X or WinSCP, if using Windows).

We now need to install the iNav UI. Do this by placing the iNav folder into: /Library/Themes

Set the blank webclips so that there are 10 webclips in each page and then the application icon (11th icon). Also set Settings, Mail, Safari, iPod/Music icons on the main dock.

Go to Winterboard and select the iNav theme and also the option “No Undocked icon Labels”. Make sure this is above the theme. Respring SB and you are all done!
(Taken from: *tysiphonehelp.com/?p=2146 and modified accordingly)

Download the iNav ANi Remix here. The original authors have done a wonderful job in creating the UI. Kudos to them :)

PS: Damn! I seem to haf lost the Gimp XCF source file! I need to work on it again :(

Last edited:

Pat

Beyond Smart

Hi Guys, Actually for some days i was trying to get a blogger template which would be compatibly with iphone/ipod touch browser. But with no luck. So thought of doing some engineering myself on the blogger template and see if anything can be done. Here is the result in my blog. Please have a look and suggest :D
Thanks guys.
*classictutorials.blogspot.com/2009/03/anouncement-of-bti-blogger-template-for.html

That looks pretty :) Good work mate :)
Posted again:
@Anirudh: Your theme looks slick! Nice job :)
Posted again:
@Anirudh: Your theme looks slick! Nice job :)

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!

^^^ Thank you :)

BTW, I don't see many people who are into modding here (same was the case when I used to post tutorials on SE modding. I guess only Akshay was interested in SE modding). Where are all the nerds and geeks??!! :))

Top Bottom