Official iOS devices thread

OP
Tanmay Satpathy

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung
re: Official iPhone/iPod Touch owners thread

Clippy is really cool... now I can cut-paste text from text boxes.

But how to copy-paste from browser text to text box?

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜

Thanks Pat! Really nice find!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

any idea what the current price of iPod Touch 8gig and 16gig is??

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone

^^ Rs. 29,500 at Vodafone outlets (8 GB).

Vodafone employees are getting Rs. 5000 discount at cost price. If you know someone, its time you call them.:p

the.kaushik

Get ur prices here *www.apple.co.in/store/

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

that's MRP. I do get it for much lower price if I go to third party retailers (and with full warranty). Anyways, I will find it out myself.

virilecliffhanger

I ain't afraid of nothin'

guys, I jaibroke my other 3G iphone also... .Its working fine .. no crashes...

And as a favor...
1)there is an app AirMouse in appulo.us .... its superb... it becomes a wireless mouse KB using ur wifi!! Its amazing. It blew my mind yesterday...

2)I observed one more thing... when you jaibreak.. the scope to change EDGE setting is lost... To get it back .. there is a cool app(APN Editing) in cydia which just make that option reappear..

3)Windows 7 theme for winterboard is really awesome.. the sounds and icons etc.. really gr8 .. try it out.!

4)Q: Guys is there a way to play wmv AVI divx files ? i used vlc from cydia but i just sweats out to render the video but just stills the image... Any experiences? advices?

5)Can somebody please tell me app from cydia or installer which can be used to manage SMSs... like fwd them etc... plz help

any idea what the current price of iPod Touch 8gig and 16gig is??
8 Gig would be around 17.5k m8... got it while googling.
not really sure

Last edited:

Pat

Beyond Smart

4)Q: Guys is there a way to play wmv AVI divx files ? i used vlc from cydia but i just sweats out to render the video but just stills the image... Any experiences? advices?

There is MPlayer too. But AFAIR, both are extremely buggy (and slow) at the moment.

5)Can somebody please tell me app from cydia or installer which can be used to manage SMSs... like fwd them etc... plz help

Free app: BiteSMS for forwarding SMSes
Paid apps: RealSMS / MySMS

8 Gig would be around 17.5k m8... got it while googling.
not really sure

Not correct. I have read someone getting a 8 giger for around 12-13k!

the.kaushik

@lovelyCliffHanger congrats!

Guys is it true that after jail broke you battery backup scwreed up! I mean it did for me at least! Yesterday i restored back my Iphone 3g and it started giving amazing backup again!

Pat

Beyond Smart

Guys is it true that after jail broke you battery backup scwreed up! I mean it did for me at least! Yesterday i restored back my Iphone 3g and it started giving amazing backup again!

I havent observed any noticeable drop in battery life after jailbreaking mine. But then, my iPhone was jailbroken from Day 1, so dont know ;)

the.kaushik

LOL! but staying without jailbreak not possible so am breaking again! :D

dare devil

Broken In

I have a I Phone 2G(Ver 2.0).Today i download BiteSMS app using Cydia(this is the first time i using the appn cydia).After the download completed i press the "Reload SpringBoard" button.It will take a longtime,so i lose my patience and power off the phone.Now i switch on the phone, the apple logo appears for the last 40 minutes.The phone not booting.
(I am using Airtel GPRS.My friend from USA given this Phone on last november and told me that don't do anything with the Cydia and Installer Apps.)
Pl give ur suggestion to solve my problem.

the.kaushik

try this... keep pressing the home(the round button) and the power button(button at the top) together until the apple logo comes and wait and see if it works.. else just do a itune restore and jail break again

dare devil

Broken In

Thanks Mate.Restored to 2.2.1,then rejailbroken and
unlocked.Problem solved.

the.kaushik

is 2.2.1 jailbroke available ?

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...

Any 'must have' apps for a jailbroken iPod Touch? I'm just getting ready for redsn0w.. With the iPhone 3G unlocked, the focus would shift to iPod Touch 2G I hope.

Last edited:
Top Bottom