re: Official iPhone/iPod Touch owners thread

It will release in a few months

iOS 5 Release Date: Fall 2011

TOo bad it wont support my iPod TOuch :cry: :mad: :banghead:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

^Yours is 2g?

Yes. Bought it last October 8 GB model. I thought it was 3g then a bit of Googling and Bing revealed that the 8 GB is the 2g :(

Thought all newer models were 3g. Now feeling bad. Guess I will stick with iOS 4.2.1 for a Looooong time :( :cry: :banghead:

chintan786

In the zone

Yeah I have seen the one time use cutter. Hopefully it'll work but I am not sure about the risks associated with it.

Going for an airtel micro sim today,
Ohh.. don't worry I get my Idea sim cut from them in GK-1 New Delhi

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

^Maybe after JB you may be able to install iOS5 ;)

No.
Jailbreaking doesnt help install newer incompatible OS's. It helps in installing apps from other sources than Apple Store. Some paid apps are made free :(

It is illegal to Jailbreak and voids warranty. So atleast till my warranty runs off I wont Jailbreak. Also the chance of bricking my iPod scares me :(

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

3rd generation, not the same as 3G. There is no difference between the second and third generation 8GB models, the "3G" is available only in 32GB and 64Gb. The 4th Generation 8GB model is updated though.
I haz same model as thetechfreak, some UDK games and 3D based games dont run, my biggest disappointment is world of goo. Have a ton of apps I picked up for a later model during sales though (world of goo for a buck). Thinking of getting a 4th gen lol (pod not phone).
And Gravity guy was free, as in the price dropped to free for one day and came back to paid.

ok some questions for those with jailbroken devices
1. Are the application updates available at the same time on the jailbroken devices as well?
2. What about IAP, does the app come with everything unlocked, or does it connect to the legit servers?
3. Are all apps available for free? What are the sources for these?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

Anorion said:
3rd generation, not the same as 3G. There is no difference between the second and third generation 8GB models, the "3G" is available only in 32GB and 64Gb. The 4th Generation 8GB model is updated though.
Yes. Actually there was never a 3rg Gen 8 GB model. I was always the 2nd Gen only with updated OS (3.1.3 which was my older OS)

BTW, this new iOS 4.2.1 on my iPod gives DREADFULL battery longevity. I have a aoo called battery and withing half an hour usage the battery drains around 10-15% . No I dont have max brighness. Use around 20% brightness.

Googling has said me to do many restore, etc did everything Not helping much.

Can anyone please give some advice :) ?

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

I haz same model as thetechfreak, some UDK games and 3D based games dont run, my biggest disappointment is world of goo. Have a ton of apps I picked up for a later model during sales though (world of goo for a buck). Thinking of getting a 4th gen lol (pod not phone).
And Gravity guy was free, as in the price dropped to free for one day and came back to paid.

ok some questions for those with jailbroken devices
1. Are the application updates available at the same time on the jailbroken devices as well?
2. What about IAP, does the app come with everything unlocked, or does it connect to the legit servers?
3. Are all apps available for free? What are the sources for these?

1) Yes, it is.
2) Sorry, What is IAP, your paid or free app work fine without any restrictions in jailbreak idevice.
3) You can find all app in App store.

Yes. Actually there was never a 3rg Gen 8 GB model. I was always the 2nd Gen only with updated OS (3.1.3 which was my older OS)

BTW, this new iOS 4.2.1 on my iPod gives DREADFULL battery longevity. I have a aoo called battery and withing half an hour usage the battery drains around 10-15% . No I dont have max brighness. Use around 20% brightness.

Googling has said me to do many restore, etc did everything Not helping much.

Can anyone please give some advice :) ?

Q1- Is your device is jailbreak ? If yes, then tell me which cydia app you are using or service running in your background ?

Q2- Why not you trying to update to 4.3 or 4.3.4.

tejjammy

Journeyman

No.
Jailbreaking doesnt help install newer incompatible OS's. It helps in installing apps from other sources than Apple Store. Some paid apps are made free :(

It is illegal to Jailbreak and voids warranty. So atleast till my warranty runs off I wont Jailbreak. Also the chance of bricking my iPod scares me :(

Hi don't mean to offend anybody but you got a few points wrong here:-
1>Jailbreaking is perfectly legal and there was a lawsuit against Apple which made DMCA to make few amendments. In short jailbreaking is legal but it voids your warranty (but you can restore ur iOS and jailbreak will be removed ;-) )

2>Cydia itself doesn't provide paid apps for free. There are Cydia apps to do so and it's in user's hand wether to install that app or not. Infact a warning is given to the user while installing The app.

Ps my gamecenter mail I'd is tejjammy at gmail dot com

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

hmm wanna jailbreak device to get cydia and the apps on it, I can sync my current purchases after the jailbreak right? apart from bricking the pod, are there any other problems I should anticipate?
have jailbroken a 4th gen touch and a iphone 4 before, figured it out with frens, but these guys dont use the app store at all, one of em uses a 4th gen ipod as a glorified camera... funny how people dont know what to do with these great devices
IAP is in app purchases, say extra levels or features in games, for example Hungry Shark sells more sharks and techno kitten adventure sells three levels, or for purchasing cash in freemium titles such as tiny tower
from the replies I assume that the jailbroken apps connect to the legit servers for IAP, maybe im wrong here

If you jailbreak your ipod you will be able to sync your purchases as they get linked by your apple id . :)

Say , you buy a game for .99$ and it gets linked to your account . Even if your format your ipod you will be able to use that app with that account . Wont matter if the price at the time of restore is 5$.

tejjammy

Journeyman

The chances of bricking the device is almost nil. The beauty is that bootloader is kept isolated and hence in event of any software problem one can always restore the device to factory firmware. In my case update to 4.3.1 was disrupted due to power cut and there was no boot logo or anything. But I tried to put in restore mode and connected to iTunes and restored :-D.
There is almost nil chance of any software problem. So don't worry about jailbreaking.

All the apps you download legally will be synced even if you do full restore.

And the main thing is if you suffer any problem and need warranty, you can always restore from iTunes and jailbreak would be gone....

The chances of bricking the device is almost nil. The beauty is that bootloader is kept isolated and hence in event of any software problem one can always restore the device to factory firmware. In my case update to 4.3.1 was disrupted due to power cut and there was no boot logo or anything. But I tried to put in restore mode and connected to iTunes and restored :-D.
There is almost nil chance of any software problem. So don't worry about jailbreaking.

All the apps you download legally will be synced even if you do full restore.

And the main thing is if you suffer any problem and need warranty, you can always restore from iTunes and jailbreak would be gone....

Yes, there is almost impossible to break ipod until you play with the hardware. Jailbreak is legal, but it do voids your warranty. You can always restore your ipod before going to service center to claim warranty.

For the JB store, people use Jb for two reasons :
1. They want to install tweaks, patches, game cheats.
2. They wanna install "installous" that is like a pirated store works just like apple, but all the apps are free.

Every apps you purchased through app store can be sync through the installous too. To stop this piracy store, jailbreak guru comex is patching cydia in upcoming iOS 5.0 so that no such piracy store will work in future.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

My iPod is 2nd Gen 8 GB. It CANT BE UPGRADED to 4.3.x

If you ask why I say Google is a good place to ask

I had done a lot of research before posting here and asking you guys. And I still have dreadfull battery :(

dreatica said:
Jailbreak is legal, but it do voids your warranty.
Thats why I havent jailbroken it :( Its still in warranty

tejjammy

Journeyman

No it doesn't have inbuilt FM tuner. Some hardware dongles are available which are attached to the dock connector.

Guys download chop chop tennis while its free!! It's online multiplayer Link

Last edited:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

Hey any of you tried Deadlock? Apparently its a new free multiplayer dual stick shooter, waiting for it to install

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

gamecenter userid is fulliautomatox, or Deadlock sharecode 4E2990B37C7B5

Top Bottom