Official iOS devices thread

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
re: Official iPhone/iPod Touch owners thread

Guys I am downloading iOS 4.2 again. Last week it failed :( Hope I do it this time :D

346 MB around 12 mb done :)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

I have just updated from 3.1.3 to 4.2.1 and direct update to newer version isnt allowed.

BTW how to get themes? The iPad seems to have cool themes. I want themes :D

Like this-
*ipodtouchtricks.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/iphoneos4theme1.png

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

GUys I found this great app-

AroundMe

Very good and usefull in unknown places :)

AroundMe quickly identifies your position and allows you to choose the nearest Bank, Bar, Gas Station, Hospital, Hotel, Movie Theatre, Restaurant, Supermarket, Theatre and Taxi. AroundMe shows you a complete list of all the businesses in the category you have tapped on along with the distance from where you are.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

what is winterboard?

This is a Wikipedia definition

Winterboard is a software that is run on jailbroken iPhones and iPod Touches. It allows custom themes to be downloaded to the device from Cydia and then be applied to the SpringBoard to modify the appearance of the device.
The wikipedia page gives no more info :)

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

Guys if u know the list of Apps/Games worth to be installed
in ipod touch then pls do post here....

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

thanx 4 reply, its a vodafone sim ....

bt before i buy need 2 clear my doubts >>

* can i send sms from my laptop if iphone connected 2 it ???
* can i view & delete selective sms through its software ???
* can i view count/see number of sms sent ?

Yes, there a app called MyPhoneDesktop it allows you to control your iPhone (somewhat) from a computer. But I have doubt on working.

Off Topic: ax3 nice to see you again. There few old member who are active on the forum.

chintan786

In the zone

Finally I jailbroked my iP4... what are the cool free must have apps one can download from cydia... recommendaion plz..

thanks & REgards,

chintan

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

chintan786 said:
what are the cool free must have apps one can download from cydia... recommendaion plz..

Well, Cydia gives some paid apps for free. So it would be piracy. And piracy= illegal in this forum.
Zangetsu said:
Guys if u know the list of Apps/Games worth to be installed
in ipod touch then pls do post here....
I have recently installed these which I think are good-

1) Rollercoaster- Its a Gravity sensor based game where you have to collect boosts etc

Its a free game. No paid version

2) Around ME- I have explained it a few posts above.

3) JellyCar- Very addictive and good game. Great timepass

4) Opera Mini- Same reason why we install in our phones.

5) Football Kicks- Good football game. You have to free kick, etc
It was free when I got it. Not sure now :(

6) Google Translate - Self Explanatory

7) Facebook- Great app for the worlds most famous social networking site :)

More good apps later :p

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

Ok vertical shooters - icarusx, mortal skies, superlaser, busterred and if you want just one, s.deadbeef is the best (erm horizontal shooter)
tower defence - stardefence, bugheroes (in depth rpg elements), and towermadness teh rest are not as good, although if you want pure strategy and zero graphics then Vector TD is the way to go
online multiplayer - charadium and stardunk gold eat up my time the most, not so much pocket heroes although some others may like it
apart from these rhythm spirit, dark nebula, I dig it, static storm and pro zombie soccer are all well made and strike a good balance between casual and intense games, you can play for short bursts but all are engaging as well
really casual titles that play well are candy train, germcraft, and astral - a personal fav which starts off with sitar music that turns into techno if you play well

Sarath

iDota

Got an iPhone 4 today. The problem is the micro SIM card.
I have two options: Cut the SIM or get a new one (preferably with same number)

Has anyone tried cutting it and has used it successfully?

chintan786

In the zone

Apple store ppl mostly have this cutter.still there are many videos on utube to do this on ur own.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

Another list of good apps-

1 Virtual Table Tennis Pro- Just an AWESOME Table Tennis Game

2 Ninjump - I like to play it.

3 iBasket

4 Gravity Guy Free

5 Moto X Mayhem Lite

All these games are free and are quite good :)

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

^hey the full version of gravity guy was free a couple of days ago, did you pick it up? If so, we can play multiplayer if you gimme ur game center (or add me: fulliautomatox)

Also > Buganoids, Super Soviet Missile Mastarr, Destructopus

GroundEffect is the best racer ive played, the others seem like sightseeing by comparison, especially some of the games by the bigger studios (Asphalt, Real Racing, NFS etc)

hyped games that are not as good and regret picking up - kometen, osmos, volcano escape, nfs shift, 1-bit ninja, Mass Effect Galaxy, Mortal Kombat
also any dual stick shooter does not play too well, as the controls are never precise enough - exceptions being astral, which is a single stick non-shooter where the single "stick" works very well, and bug heroes because of all the other things in the game
if you can handle the erratic controls then minigore and crazy jhon are good

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

Anorion said:
^hey the full version of gravity guy was free a couple of days ago, did you pick it up? If so, we can play multiplayer if you gimme ur game center (or add me: fulliautomatox)
:mad:

Didnt find full version :banghead: :cry:

My game centre id- thetechfreak

Thanks for list of games. Will see when I can get them and maybe we can multiplayer one day :D

Last edited:

Sarath

iDota

Apple store ppl mostly have this cutter.still there are many videos on utube to do this on ur own.

Yeah I have seen the one time use cutter. Hopefully it'll work but I am not sure about the risks associated with it.

Going for an airtel micro sim today,