Official ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 thread !

Which Team do you think will win the world cup ?

• India

Votes: 46 69.7%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Australia

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Bangladesh

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • South Africa

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Sri Lanka

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • England

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • West Indies

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
England played well, I think they deserved to win. Indian team is only good in batting. I think they have learnt a very important lesson yesterday that even those singles could become expensive even if you have a huge total. Had they done the kind of fielding they did after 40th over all game long, England would have found it hard to break into 300 even..
It was little disappointing but a great game nevertheless :)

ithehappy

Human Spambot
No question of India winning the WC unless they change their bowling and fielding. Besides Raina, Sachin, Kohli and Yuvi there are not a single fielder who could be compared to world class fielders :( and as per bowling, Bhajji and Zaheer are great, but still I think Ishant was a great bowler and I miss Irfan too, the Batting is great however, but still I doubt the reliability of the Batsmen. Let's see how they perform in the upcoming games :)

Piyush

Lanaya
nothing is wrong in bating line-up
we have one of the best line-up
its bowling and fielding that sux
the comeback of ashish nehra will add some hopes

did anyone remember 2003 world cup match vs England
Nehra made them cry
6 for 23
its his best bowling figures too

azzu

AJJU
did anyone remember 2003 world cup match vs England
Nehra made them cry
6 for 23
its his best bowling figures too

i agree.. but i cudnt see some spectacular wickets in that spell of 6 wicks..just sick batting and getting struck on pads on every straight swinging balls and edging "away" balls by English team ,, no offence to nehra he bowled great line..
there's gautam and sachin too who field well..
but our fast bowlers are worst fielders in the team (read "MUNAF")
india now gotta really bend their backs to qualify for next stage

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
England played well, I think they deserved to win. Indian team is only good in batting. I think they have learnt a very important lesson yesterday that even those singles could become expensive even if you have a huge total. Had they done the kind of fielding they did after 40th over all game long, England would have found it hard to break into 300 even..
It was little disappointing but a great game nevertheless :)

Nevertheless, it was an exciting match. One sided match could have been boring.
The problem with Indian Team is that they are so used to T-20 that they do not have enough stamina to play through the full 50-50 over innings.
They just need Good Stamina and Body Language.
The whole team looked so pessimistic and pale when Strauss was thrashing with his runs.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
@The Conqueror: Wow buddy..that's exactly what I think. I think fitness is a big factor here. Moreover, fitness also come to secondary if you have the attitude and passion. Remember how well they fielded in last over saving all the singles. That should have been since starting. Anyways...this is now a thing of past. I am sure Dhoni and team have learnt their lesson..

Hey I just saw someone posting on FB that India won first T-20 World Cup (under Dhoni's captaincy), while earlier match was won with tie-breaker (against Pak). Similarly in IPL also, Chennai Super Kings won after having tie with King's 11...so this could be Dhoni's year ;)
Just a hunch

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
:lol:

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

Ireland for the world cup!!!!11

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Ireland's win today proves just one thing, how hard it's gonna be, England, a really good team now defeated by Ireland, who outplayed them. So it's clear how India needs to prepare themselves for the upcoming fights :)
India has a great batting lineup, but it needs to be proved as they will be tested hard :)

Krow

Crowman
First the Netherlands guy, then this Ireland guy. Two centuries, by two minnow teams against England. :)

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Cricket is very uncertain game fellas. And please refrain from making sensational claims like all the matches are fixed :D

If it is Pakistan in question, I surely agree. Our players already earn so much from advertising that they never need that kind of money :p

England players have very high ethics so I do not believe they are into fixing. As a matter of fact I am in awe of England after the grace with which they have played Sunday's match against India. They do not sledge, they do not stare the batsman or block his way on pitch, they do not try to force empire for any specific decision, so very unlike Australia.

Top Bottom