Official ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 thread !

Which Team do you think will win the world cup ?

• India

Votes: 46 69.7%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Australia

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Bangladesh

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • South Africa

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Sri Lanka

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • England

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • West Indies

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
When will Ppl of India support other games like football or hockey?
Hockey is more popular in the states of Punjab, Haryana and among the tribals of Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand and Orissa.

Cricket as a sport doesn't even come close to Hockey and Football. No idea why Indians like it. Hockey used to be our passion. We were never this crazy about Cricket before the WC 1983 win. A year ago, Pakistan had defeated us 7-1 in the Asiad 82 final. May be that's why? Privatisation of BCCI has also helped Cricket. IHF and its politics fu(ked hockey.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
India have done great batting against Bangladesh

V.Sehwag- 175
V.Kohli-100*

370/4

Bangladesh are 77/1 in 9 overs

ithehappy

Human Spambot
When will Ppl of India start supporting other games like football and hockey?
When the same amount of HUGE financial and managerial backup starts to support those Games.
I really started hating this stupid cricket with the start of IPL...
Me too. I especially hate how the so called BIG BRANDS of India are giving away their money to the retired players/celebrities of other countries and ours too. Can't believe how a country waste that much money when more than 50% of people is still jobless.
Absolutely Idiotic.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
..and with the support of the Govt. No one can Waste such big money without Government's consent, do one?

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Why would companies need government's consent to sponsor players/teams? Certainly you can't expect the government to keep tabs on that :|

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Liverpool_fan,ithehappy and ico, I understand you guys do not like cricket, but please do not spoil the fun for lesser mortals like me, who love cricket, by posting in this thread. A humble request. :)

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
England also deserves a mention. They have beaten Australia in Ashes. They are high on confidence. I suspect they could also spoil India's chances..

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Liverpool_fan,ithehappy and ico, I understand you guys do not like cricket, but please do not spoil the fun for lesser mortals like me, who love cricket, by posting in this thread. A humble request. :)

You understood wrong. I like Cricket. but I don't like way too much media involvement, 3-4 channels showing a same match, which is not meaningful. I hope you got my point :)

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Ricky Ponting looses his cool too easily.

rightly said mate...this news just came in:

No one can match the Australians in throwing tantrums and skipper Ricky Ponting proved it further, giving the 2011 World Cup its first major controversy.

Ponting is likely to face an ICC disciplinary hearing following an incident in which a TV was damaged in the Australian team dressing room during a World Cup match against Zimbabwe in Ahmedabad on February 21.

Trying to overcome his bad form, Ponting was furious after being run out for 28 during Monday night’s game in Ahmedabad and smashed the LCD TV in the dressing room.

According to a team spokesman, Ponting threw his groin protector into his bag but it rebounded out and collided with the TV, causing the damage.

The ICC is expected to make an announcement later today after the Indian cricket board emailed a letter of complaint to the ICC.

Ponting could lose a part of his match fees, though he has apologized for his misbehaviour.

Source

shiwa436

Broken In
Thanks for creating the thread.
I voted for nobody as I will like to see India win the WC for Sachin(he deserved to be in a WC champion squad for gods sake) but at the same time I won't like to see India win for the captain. Yea, I know I sound like a traitor but I said what had in my mind.

I feel the Same........
I love the LITTLE MASTER be the man behind the WC 2011 win by INDIA

azzu

AJJU
According to a team spokesman, Ponting threw his groin protector into his bag but it rebounded out and collided with the TV, causing the damage.

I Have played lot"s of club matches But haven't seen (or used) a groin protector that hard which cud actually cause damage (or break) a LCD tv while rebounding ..
gotta be one hard Guard

Kenya Vs Pak

in initial batting overs of kenya they looked like they could give a tough competition to pak
especially the way they defended Akthar's bowling
But at last they go down in vain

So we have first 5-wick haul of World cup the Pak captain himself Shahid afridi

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
West Indies vs RSA

West Indies batting has almost collapsed. They were 100/1
but now 142/4

South Africa have stepped up their bowling.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
SA is going to win this match. It is obvious, right. But cricket is a game of surprises :D

So WI are all out for 222, which is a meager score on these grounds :)

Top Bottom