Official ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 thread !

Which Team do you think will win the world cup ?

• India

Votes: 46 69.7%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Australia

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Bangladesh

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • South Africa

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Sri Lanka

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • England

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • West Indies

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

azzu

AJJU
An Excellent knock by My Fav player ( A B De Villiers ) takes SA to victory
so looking forward for aus Vs kiwis Tommo

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Only Indian cricket team has the ability to make any match interesting. If they bat first and score huge, they will allow the other team to get a big score too (even if they play against Kenya).
If they bat second, they will play till last ball keeping all cricket fans on their toes ;)

Now winning or losing is just a matter of chance :D

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ not true at all. Cricket fans think the same about Hockey/Football.

New Zealand have been raped.

Baker

Albicelestes
You gotta have some patience to see Cricket :)

i used to watch whole test matches like ashes some 5-7 years back... and i still remember all the macthes of 96/99/03 WC....

but now all these macthes looks sh$t.... dont know change happend to my attitude or cricket....

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Run-wise, the matches have become more and more interesting. More sixes and fours. The time which you are talking, 250 used to be an impossible score to make, let alone chasing it and win the game. Nowadays (after Twenty-20 format has gained popularity) a score of 300 too does not guarantee you a win. Maybe you have lost all the interest in cricket. :)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Run-wise, the matches have become more and more interesting. More sixes and fours. The time which you are talking about 250 used to be an impossible score to make, let alone overcome and win the game. Nowadays (after Twenty-20 format has gained popularity) a score of 300 too does not guarantee you a win. Maybe you have lost all the interest in cricket. :)
Flat pitches in the subcontinent have also contributed to this. India has been scoring too many 350+ lately at home. People like sixes and fours. Curators make pitches for batsmen. Bowlers can't do anything.

Baker

Albicelestes
Run-wise, the matches have become more and more interesting. More sixes and fours. The time which you are talking, 250 used to be an impossible score to make, let alone chasing it and win the game. Nowadays (after Twenty-20 format has gained popularity) a score of 300 too does not guarantee you a win. Maybe you have lost all the interest in cricket. :)

but those are time .... i feel people were watching cricket madly....
in my village... if we go outside during WC time.. everybody will be discussing abt cricket only..

but now nobody is that much serious..

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
umm I agree with you on this point...moreover that and cricketers were also serious about playing those days. nowadays its more of a tamasha with IPL jazz and all.cricketers have become poster boys for cola companies and other products..

Top Bottom