Official Android discussion thread

nac

Aspiring Novelist
when I forced BSNL to LTE only, I could access internet but can't make a phone call or receive a phone call.
I thought BSNL didn't support 4G voice calling, but learned while looking for a fix that in this version of Lineage most people didn't get VoLTE. Some got it by flashing some firmware. Now I need to dig if this is the case with other custom ROM too.
Checked IMS status:
IMS not registered
Volte unavailable
@TigerKing Are you getting VoLTE in RR?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
You can use TG desktop version & use number just to receive otp.
First I have to register in telegram using my phone then I can move to desktop and I would still need to disclose my phone number. I see there are options to hide my phone number in public groups. If I have to, I have to, right? Let's see...

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
First I have to register in telegram using my phone then I can move to desktop and I would still need to disclose my phone number. I see there are options to hide my phone number in public groups. If I have to, I have to, right? Let's see...
you can keep your phone number secret in TG. I do the same.

Reactions: nac

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think it is necessary to first install TG in phone. As for number, yes you can hide it from every location(set something like number visible only to contacts & since you don't use TG in mobile & there are no contacts in desktop it basically means nobody can see your number).

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I don't think it is necessary to first install TG in phone. As for number, yes you can hide it from every location(set something like number visible only to contacts & since you don't use TG in mobile & there are no contacts in desktop it basically means nobody can see your number).
Finally signed up in Telegram.
Yeah, I gotta first install in phone. They didn't let me signup from desktop, so registered from phone and scanned QR to use it in desktop.
Fortunately, number didn't get synced and none of my contacts are there in Telegram. At least I don't see any both in phone and desktop. As soon as I registered, I went to settings and clicked nobody to everything and turned off sync.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Finally signed up in Telegram.
Yeah, I gotta first install in phone. They didn't let me signup from desktop, so registered from phone and scanned QR to use it in desktop.
Fortunately, number didn't get synced and none of my contacts are there in Telegram. At least I don't see any both in phone and desktop. As soon as I registered, I went to settings and clicked nobody to everything and turned off sync.
Just for extra precaution, deny contacts permission to TG in phone.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Just for extra precaution, deny contacts permission to TG in phone.
Despite everything, people in my contacts got notification that I joined Telegram. There is no option to hide from them ;)
I am sure there were no contacts in my Telegram (phone) and also in desktop. After I got it in desktop, I uninstalled from phone.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Despite everything, people in my contacts got notification that I joined Telegram. There is no option to hide from them ;)
I am sure there were no contacts in my Telegram (phone) and also in desktop. After I got it in desktop, I uninstalled from phone.
It seems TG send notification directly to all those who have TG & also your number used in TG install in their contacts list.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
I thought BSNL didn't support 4G voice calling, but learned while looking for a fix that in this version of Lineage most people didn't get VoLTE. Some got it by flashing some firmware. Now I need to dig if this is the case with other custom ROM too.
Checked IMS status:

yes. but I am using mido = redmi note 4

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
now most official custom roms have no problem with banking apps.
But still flash this magisk module for Banking apps safety attestation

Now magisk modules are not updated. You need to use FoxMagiskModuleManager app or any website or telegram channel or any other trusted source.

How to go back to stock for Xiaomi:

MIUI stock roms for Santoni:

before doing anything backup using this.
or use this safetynet fix

Displax / safetynet-fix
*github.com/Displax/safetynet-fix/releases

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Checked IMS status:

Update:
With Jio, VoLTE works, but with BSNL it's not working. Tried BSNL sim in another phone which runs stock ROM, and VoLTE works in that device. It's kinda weird why it isn't working with LineageOS.

Using Lineage OS for about 2 weeks now, it's giving good battery, smoother, and some new features. Though nothing major, I do miss some good amount of features I used in MIUI, for some I needed to use 3rd party apps, for some there is no other option but to live with it. I am thinking of trying the next custom ROM. Havoc is popular in Santoni TG group, I may try that or take Tiger's suggestion and go with RR.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Update:
With Jio, VoLTE works, but with BSNL it's not working. Tried BSNL sim in another phone which runs stock ROM, and VoLTE works in that device. It's kinda weird why it isn't working with LineageOS.

Using Lineage OS for about 2 weeks now, it's giving good battery, smoother, and some new features. Though nothing major, I do miss some good amount of features I used in MIUI, for some I needed to use 3rd party apps, for some there is no other option but to live with it. I am thinking of trying the next custom ROM. Havoc is popular in Santoni TG group, I may try that or take Tiger's suggestion and go with RR.
Yes.
I forgot to mention that earlier devices supported only jio volte not other network. Same for my device too.
Jio volte support for my device no other volte.
Yes havoc had heavy customisation and it was popular.
You can try it before trying Ressurection Remix.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I forgot to mention that earlier devices supported only jio volte not other network. Same for my device too.
Jio volte support for my device no other volte.
Yes havoc had heavy customisation and it was popular.
You can try it before trying Ressurection Remix.
Oh! So with custom ROM, I won't get VoLTE then. :(
I thought RR has ton load of customization than Havoc.
Havoc requires latest ROM firmware, I don't know if that means I have to flash stock ROM before flashing Havoc. Gotta ask than in TG, thanks to you guys for suggesting TG. It's very active, people are helpful.
Going by the snapshots of Havoc and RR, I guess the things I miss in Lineage will be continued with Havoc/RR too at least some if not all.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Oh! So with custom ROM, I won't get VoLTE then. :(
I thought RR has ton load of customization than Havoc.
Havoc requires latest ROM firmware, I don't know if that means I have to flash stock ROM before flashing Havoc. Gotta ask than in TG, thanks to you guys for suggesting TG. It's very active, people are helpful.
Going by the snapshots of Havoc and RR, I guess the things I miss in Lineage will be continued with Havoc/RR too at least some if not all.

You don't get what your device SoC doesn't have.

If some features are supported by any device SoC and those are blocked/not utilised by the company then it can be unlocked or utilised by a custom ROM developer.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
You don't get what your device SoC doesn't have.

If some features are supported by any device SoC and those are blocked/not utilised by the company then it can be unlocked or utilised by a custom ROM developer.
By features missing (compared to MIUI) I mean, I need 3rd party apps to set group ringtones, and to block saved contacts, unable to use different PIN for screen lock and protected apps etc. These are minor things, it adds up and the list is big ;)
BTW, flashed Havoc. Yeah, lot of customization esp. coming from Lineage I feel like I can't try and see everything today.

Top Bottom