Official Android discussion thread

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I think this one is not displaying contacts that are in SIM. Don't know if the problem is with the Yureka phone itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys I'm not sure if this is the right place.
I was earlier on post paid plan and hence setup the mobile data monitor for 300 MB per month as was my plan and it served well. App used was Onavo Count.
However now I have moved from postpaid to prepaid couple of months back. What do you think is the best way to have me monitor the data usage for my mobile data considering I may take mobile data packs based on number of days validity and the limit.

Go to Settings > Wireless & Networks > Data usage

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys do we have any app which will give details about the call history.
The stock one available on my yureka phone just gives me details about the call from a certain person how long it was.
However if suppose I called someone in a day. I would want to know at what time I called him or at what time I received the call rather than things like it was 30 second call and the call was 2 days ago etc.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Guys do we have any app which will give details about the call history.
The stock one available on my yureka phone just gives me details about the call from a certain person how long it was.
However if suppose I called someone in a day. I would want to know at what time I called him or at what time I received the call rather than things like it was 30 second call and the call was 2 days ago etc.

Callistics.

A

amit.tiger12

Guys do we have any android apps which will list only contacts who have phone number rather than contacts who have email address as well as. Currently having this problem with my Yureka
If you use Google services like contacts calendar very often (lots of feature) then stick to stock apps (not by manufacturer) by Google.
Try "True Contacts", or "Contacts+".

A

amit.tiger12

Re: Integrity of Custom Labels within Contacts app entries

@amit.tiger12 , thank you for the informative suggestions.
:smile_NF:

Personally, I prefer not to subscribe to the notion of syncing my system data with a Google account, as I have run into an issue in the past after syncing contact entries with Google. I am not laying the blame on the syncing process, and admit I very likely cocked it up on that instance!
However, having found no alternative for a specific issue while moving from one ROM to another (described in the paragraph below), I was compelled to primarily sync my contacts list to one of my Google accounts.

I was previously using a custom TouchWiz Ice Cream Sandwich firmware (CriskeloROM Note ICS v11) on my Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 and subsequently desired to move to CyanogenMod 9. While using CriskeloROM Note ICS v11, I had numerous entries within the Contacts app for which I had created custom labels, as depicted in the illustrative screenshot below.

*i.imgur.com/NN7mgYk.png

A backup created using the native method within the Contacts app - Menu > Import/Export > Export to SD card; which generates a .vcf file, did not maintain the custom labels upon restoring the said file on the newly flashed ROM.

I was unable to find any app(s) that maintain/s the custom labels of contact entries across any type of firmware; stock/custom (and/or TouchWiz/AOSP in my specific case). If someone is aware of such app(s), I await your recommendations.
I have not attempted to restore System service with useful data from Titanium Backup, but will give it a try very soon.

After successfully flashing CyanogenMod 9 on my device, I restored the backup of contacts list; created using Super Backup. Nonetheless, this restore did not integrate the custom labels as well.
:thinking_NF:
For that labeling, email birthday address custom labels, please upload you're contacts backup file to Contacts.google.com and edit all things for the first and last time. After that when you setup your account all your contacts will have labels groups etc you given.
And later adding any contacts try stock Google contact app like "true contacts" or else. Which have all options of editing contacts connected to your email address.

And keep always everything in sync.

Cedrick

Right off the assembly line
I bought my mom the same device and my major problem is with the battery. It gets exhausted after just a few hours.She has to always have her power bank with her, and yet the battery is irreplaceable

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
I bought my mom the same device and my major problem is with the battery. It gets exhausted after just a few hours.She has to always have her power bank with her, and yet the battery is irreplaceable

I am missing the Context here!

Last edited:

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I missing the Context here!
There have been increasing number of posts that give a strange feeling in the forum recently.

Some of them almost feel like preparing the ground to a later edit and conversion into outright spam.

Edit: Funnily, I am missing an 'am' in your sentence there ;)

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
There have been increasing number of posts that give a strange feeling in the forum recently.

Some of them almost feel like preparing the ground to a later edit and conversion into outright spam.

Edit: Funnily, I am missing an 'am' in your sentence there ;)

lol.. I thought of writing "missing the context" at first then thought of adding I am after that.. So that was the reason for that!!

Edit: Though until you pointed out, it didn't occur to me that i have missed "am". Funny Brain.

insaneYLN

In the zone
Alternative app to replace default Contacts app on CyanogenMod 9

@amit.tiger12 , thank you for the informative suggestions.

Personally, I prefer not to subscribe to the notion of syncing my system data with a Google account, as I have run into an issue in the past after syncing contact entries with Google. I am not laying the blame on the syncing process, and admit I very likely cocked it up on that instance!
However, having found no alternative for a specific issue while moving from one ROM to another (described in the paragraph below), I was compelled to primarily sync my contacts list to one of my Google accounts.

I was previously using a custom TouchWiz Ice Cream Sandwich firmware (CriskeloROM Note ICS v11) on my Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 and subsequently desired to move to CyanogenMod 9. While using CriskeloROM Note ICS v11, I had numerous entries within the Contacts app for which I had created custom labels, as depicted in the illustrative screenshot below.

*i.imgur.com/NN7mgYk.png

A backup created using the native method within the Contacts app - Menu > Import/Export > Export to SD card; which generates a .vcf file, did not maintain the custom labels upon restoring the said file on the newly flashed ROM.

I was unable to find any app(s) that maintain/s the custom labels of contact entries across any type of firmware; stock/custom (and/or TouchWiz/AOSP in my specific case). If someone is aware of such app(s), I await your recommendations.
I have not attempted to restore System service with useful data from Titanium Backup, but will give it a try very soon.

After successfully flashing CyanogenMod 9 on my device, I restored the backup of contacts list; created using Super Backup. Nonetheless, this restore did not integrate the custom labels as well.
:thinking_NF:

For that labeling, email birthday address custom labels, please upload you're contacts backup file to Contacts.google.com and edit all things for the first and last time. After that when you setup your account all your contacts will have labels groups etc you given.
And later adding any contacts try stock Google contact app like "true contacts" or else. Which have all options of editing contacts connected to your email address.

And keep always everything in sync.
[MENTION=209965]amit.tiger12[/MENTION], thank you for the valuable suggestion.

I finally attempted to restore System service with useful data for Contacts Storage from Titanium Backup on the recently flashed CyanogenMod 9 firmware, which went through flawlessly and there was not a single force close issue pertaining to the Contacts app.
:cool_NF:
However, the restore did not reinstate the contacts entries linked/set to phone storage on the previous ROM (a custom TouchWiz Ice Cream Sandwich firmware), and I suspect this could be related to the fact that CyanogenMod 9 has no provision to add/save contacts to the phone/device storage.

Is there an appropriate app to which I can restore the System service with useful data for the contacts storage from Titanium Backup; which will very likely reinstate all contact entries from a previous ROM, and allow contact entries to be added/saved to the phone storage? I can consequentially use the required app to substitute and/or replace the default CyanogenMod 9 Contacts app.
:confused_NF: :serious_NF:

A

amit.tiger12

Re: Alternative app to replace default Contacts app on CyanogenMod 9

[MENTION=209965]amit.tiger12[/MENTION], thank you for the valuable suggestion.

I finally attempted to restore System service with useful data for Contacts Storage from Titanium Backup on the recently flashed CyanogenMod 9 firmware, which went through flawlessly and there was not a single force close issue pertaining to the Contacts app.
:cool_NF:
However, the restore did not reinstate the contacts entries linked/set to phone storage on the previous ROM (a custom TouchWiz Ice Cream Sandwich firmware), and I suspect this could be related to the fact that CyanogenMod 9 has no provision to add/save contacts to the phone/device storage.

Is there an appropriate app to which I can restore the System service with useful data for the contacts storage from Titanium Backup; which will very likely reinstate all contact entries from a previous ROM, and allow contact entries to be added/saved to the phone storage? I can consequentially use the required app to substitute and/or replace the default CyanogenMod 9 Contacts app.
:confused_NF: :serious_NF:
Which backup you created??... From titanium backup or did something else.. And now you want to restore contacts storage from that backup? Right?

Contacts not linked?? Not understood..
But if you created backup from titanium backup.. Then try restoring. "Contact storage".. This might help..

And in titanium backup setting menu you will find different options for "special backup and restore" use that..

Ask simple and in fewer words..
Btw your English goes above my head...

Last edited by a moderator:

insaneYLN

In the zone

Which backup you created??... From titanium backup or did something else.. And now you want to restore contacts storage from that backup? Right?

Contacts not linked?? Not understood..
But if you created backup from titanium backup.. Then try restoring. "Contact storage".. This might help..

And in titanium backup setting menu you will find different options for "special backup and restore" use that..

Ask simple and in fewer words..
Btw your English goes above my head...
[MENTION=209965]amit.tiger12[/MENTION], I apologise for the previous complicated discussion. Agreeably, I will strive to convey my queries in a simple manner.
:smile_NF: :winking_NF:

Before flashing CyanogenMod 9 on my Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000, I had CriskeloROM Note ICS v11; a custom TouchWiz Ice Cream Sandwich firmware running on it and prior to that, the device was running on a rooted stock TouchWiz Ice Cream Sandwich firmware. To summarise, the ROMs I flashed were in the following order -
Rooted Stock ROM > CriskeloROM Note ICS v11 > CyanogenMod 9.x

While the device was running on the rooted stock ROM, I created separate backups using Titanium Backup and Super Backup. After flashing the CriskeloROM Note ICS v11 and restoring the System service with useful data for contacts and text messages from Titanium Backup, the Contacts and Messaging apps started to force close. Thus, I had to restore and make do with the backup data from Super Backup.

While I was using CriskeloROM Note ICS v11, I had added/saved contacts to the phone storage, as opposed to SIM storage or a Google account. Before moving to CyanogenMod 9, I made further backups using Titanium Backup and Super Backup.

After flashing CyanogenMod 9 and restoring the System service with useful data for contacts from Titanium Backup, the contact entries that were stored on the phone storage while using CriskeloROM Note ICS v11, did not get restored on CyanogenMod 9; only partial contact entries were restored.
:confused_NF:

Concludingly, I would like to know if there is/are any app(s) to which I can restore the System service with useful data for contacts from Titanium Backup, thus allowing me to replace the default Contacts app on CyanogenMod 9?
:thinking_NF: :serious_NF:

A

amit.tiger12

[MENTION=209965]amit.tiger12[/MENTION], I apologise for the previous complicated discussion. Agreeably, I will strive to convey my queries in a simple manner.
:smile_NF: :winking_NF:

Before flashing CyanogenMod 9 on my Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000, I had CriskeloROM Note ICS v11; a custom TouchWiz Ice Cream Sandwich firmware running on it and prior to that, the device was running on a rooted stock TouchWiz Ice Cream Sandwich firmware. To summarise, the ROMs I flashed were in the following order -

While the device was running on the rooted stock ROM, I created separate backups using Titanium Backup and Super Backup. After flashing the CriskeloROM Note ICS v11 and restoring the System service with useful data for contacts and text messages from Titanium Backup, the Contacts and Messaging apps started to force close. Thus, I had to restore and make do with the backup data from Super Backup.

While I was using CriskeloROM Note ICS v11, I had added/saved contacts to the phone storage, as opposed to SIM storage or a Google account. Before moving to CyanogenMod 9, I made further backups using Titanium Backup and Super Backup.

After flashing CyanogenMod 9 and restoring the System service with useful data for contacts from Titanium Backup, the contact entries that were stored on the phone storage while using CriskeloROM Note ICS v11, did not get restored on CyanogenMod 9; only partial contact entries were restored.
:confused_NF:

Concludingly, I would like to know if there is/are any app(s) to which I can restore the System service with useful data for contacts from Titanium Backup, thus allowing me to replace the default Contacts app on CyanogenMod 9?
:thinking_NF: :serious_NF:
System service with useful data? What is this???
What you want I've not understood yet..
But wait... 1 by 1..

1. You created backups uisng Titanium. Which backup? Apps ? Nandroid? Which?
2. System services?? Which one??
Are you using titanium for the 1st time?
Because you did wrong thing and you are getting force close notice. Head over xda for titanium backup restore process.
Samsung has problem with system apps and data with cross compatibility for different roms, you can ask xda for your problem, better solution there..
3. You have seperate backup for stock and cris rom backup (stock rom backup + new contacts) ? Ok.
4. For cynogenmod restore, did you tried super backups?
5. System service?? Don't do that not possible. Try XDA last option. Ask there. I don't understand why you want to replace default contact app (cyanogen contact app)? Its really good.
Still want to replace then install your favorite contact app and disable or defrost the old one. Can't replace.

You can edit you titanium backup inside titanium app, try that and use computer for extraction and editing. Use wisely.

Still no solution, then send me link of backup files I will try separating contacts from it if possible.. Or try yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom