Official Android discussion thread

faiz0210

Broken In
Xperia S or HTC Sensation

Guys i am getting HTC sensation at 24,200 and xperia s at 27,000 from ebay.

Sensation android development is quite big when compared to Xperia S at XDA.

I am confused which one should i go for??

p.s- The prices are after using 10% discount coupon.

Arjun1

Right off the assembly line
^ thanks, have you tried this "App 2 SD " by Sam Lu *play.google.com/store/apps/details...wxLDEwMiwiY29tLmEwc29mdC5ncGhvbmUuYXBwMnNkIl0
this has the most downloads

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^ thanks, have you tried this "App 2 SD " by Sam Lu *play.google.com/store/apps/details...wxLDEwMiwiY29tLmEwc29mdC5ncGhvbmUuYXBwMnNkIl0
this has the most downloads

I think both serve pretty much same purpost. but found this comment -

Dis app is not working in my galaxy tab 2 . Later i have found that my mobile doesn't has root access. Only rooted device can use dis app n can move other apps to SD. In dis app if you don't find MOVE TO SD button, then kindly check whether ur device has root access r admin permission. Lots of apps available in d market to find whether ur device has root permission r not. But sad part is there r no SD storage apps in the market for non root users. Otherwise it's very gud app. Thanx.

for unrooted devices both will do same thing. also this particular version also seems to have a paid premium version too. some items might be locked in this version.

Neo

Guys i am getting HTC sensation at 24,200 and xperia s at 27,000 from ebay.

Sensation android development is quite big when compared to Xperia S at XDA.

I am confused which one should i go for??

p.s- The prices are after using 10% discount coupon.

Xperia S , without a second thought. Development really doesn't matter much, believe me. Also, Stock ROM > Custom ROM in terms of stability .

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
i have to copy .apk file to system/app folder but I have to root it first...

is there any simple method of rooting.do we have to unlock the bootloader also for rooting?
I just want to access the copy/paste in system folders

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ And why you need to copy any .apk file to any system folder?!
AFAIK, internal memory is limited, and it's best not to fill it up, if it isn't necessary. Unless you are doing developmental stuff, I don't think you ever need to mess around with root folders.

I even think, it's not even possible to manually copy files in phone memory. I can't do it on my phone too, even when it's rooted and have installed a custom ROM.

tejjammy

Journeyman
i have to copy .apk file to system/app folder but I have to root it first...

is there any simple method of rooting.do we have to unlock the bootloader also for rooting?
I just want to access the copy/paste in system folders

For accessing system folders, you need to root.
And to root HTC One V, you need to unlock the bootloader.
I did on the second day of me buying the phone. It's quite simple but all your data may be lost. There is a thread on XDA. Refer to it for unlocking and rooting.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
For accessing system folders, you need to root.
And to root HTC One V, you need to unlock the bootloader.
I did on the second day of me buying the phone. It's quite simple but all your data may be lost. There is a thread on XDA. Refer to it for unlocking and rooting.

my doubts:
Q: If I root & unlock bootloader,will my stock ICS apps (that came default) will be removed?what backups I have to take

Q: Do I have to install ICS again after rooting?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
how much memory is alloted for apps ???

There are no quotas in Android memory! :p

Which is the best app to automatically record & save all incoming/outgoing calls to SD card?

I use an app named, Call Recorder. Search for the same on Play.google.com. And try 2-3 apps with similar names. Cause in my experience there is not a single app which works in all devices.

Arjun1

Right off the assembly line
I tried Call recorder & Record My Calls both are not able to clearly record the other side, my voice is loud & clear

Top Bottom