Official Android discussion thread

kamal_saran

android lover
Hey guys am having a month old Dell xcd35 aka Blade. Now I am getting a spice mi410 aka ideos x6 used for 3 months.@10k so should I sell my blade and buy mi410.I am more into custom roms and overclocking.do please suggest.blade have good community support.but it doesn't support miui and good overclocking, flash due to its v6 CPU.so plz suggest.....:)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Last time I checked the market price of x6 was around 13k. maybe by now it has came down to 10k. I'll not suggest check for used defy or similar mobile. Spice have near pathetic sales service. so it's better to go for some known brand.

I sent a 23MB pdf file to my friend's mobile(Wave 525) but its not opening & a message pops up saying "File too large". What's the problem ?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
don't want to start OT but if you want to know more check these threads: Shocking Sms storage limit in Wave2. bada limitations.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Hey guys am having a month old Dell xcd35 aka Blade. Now I am getting a spice mi410 aka ideos x6 used for 3 months.@10k so should I sell my blade and buy mi410.I am more into custom roms and overclocking.do please suggest.blade have good community support.but it doesn't support miui and good overclocking, flash due to its v6 CPU.so plz suggest.....:)

If you ever decide to sell your Dell XCD35 I am open for communication. A friend of mine requires a new phone on a low budget. I am trying to get him Android, and will be open for any deal. :D

And thanks Sam for those links.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Guys my father bought a Optimus Net dual with Android 2.3.4 I have a problem now. Cant find the setting to copy sim card contacts :(

red dragon

Master troll
Can you see them on contacts list?
Why dont just sync them with your google acount?
I have more than 1500 contacts syncd with my google a/c.
For me it is one of the best things android has to offer.
You can also open contact...menu...import/export...choose import from SIM card(both 1 and 2)
Never seen dual SIM android...but these things seem logical.

Last edited:

red dragon

Master troll
I have a very stupid thing to ask.
Is there any alarm app there in the market which will turn on the phone and start ringing just like good ol Nokia E series(if I set up the alarm and turn off the phone)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
The problem is aircel GPRS is so very slow that I am having share time just to add a account. Thanks for info though :)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@Sam Thanks. I had done that. But problem is mobile is syncing syncing and just syncing. I opened that Gmail profile from Pc but it showed 0 contacts.
also I am unable to edit any access points. Need to add a few ports in it. RAM usage is also quite very high.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
What could be done to run the file in wave 525 ?

First, you don't "run" a pdf file. Only executables can be "run".
Second, if you are not able to open the file in any of the free pdf viewers, then you have no other option to first slipt the pdf file in multiple ones, and then opening it one by one.

noob

Cyborg Agent
@Sam Thanks. I had done that. But problem is mobile is syncing syncing and just syncing. I opened that Gmail profile from Pc but it showed 0 contacts.
also I am unable to edit any access points. Need to add a few ports in it. RAM usage is also quite very high.

Dont worry about RAM. Sync should work gr8 even on GPRS. It works for me on Aircel..or do the 1st sync using WiFi if you have crappy GPRS network.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Guys I just found solution to my problem :p
Hadn't clicked the menu button. When I clicked it the options I wanted popped up :D
Thanks everyone!

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Facing a weird problem: I have configured the phone to connect to my Home BSNL BB connection over WiFi (it is connecting properly), turned off packet data and through Market settings enabled update over WiFi only. Now whenever I am going to update my apps, it is turning on Packet data automatically and using it instead of WiFi. What's wrong?

Top Bottom