Official Android discussion thread

blacklight

Journeyman
@desiibond
tried to find Milestone..but have not yet been able to get one ...enquiries about it evoked surprising looks...also from what i hear ..any kind of after sales support is virtually non existant for Motorolla and that scares me ..read about HTC Aria...any chance of it coming to India and more importantly will it get a Froyo update ?

OP
amitabhishek

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
@desiibond
tried to find Milestone..but have not yet been able to get one ...enquiries about it evoked surprising looks...also from what i hear ..any kind of after sales support is virtually non existant for Motorolla and that scares me ..read about HTC Aria...any chance of it coming to India and more importantly will it get a Froyo update ?

Specs wise both Aria and Legend are same. Though I am surprised that you couldn't find Milestone. Motorola splashes half page ads in weekend newspapers promoting Milestone, XT720 and that $hitty Backflip. If you stay in one of the metros; its easily available in every eZone and Chroma outlets. As far as after sales service is concerned all companies suck ;). You can always sue them if you are shortchanged.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Guys How to root samasung galaxy 3?pls any idea

you picked the wrong phone

Just wait for guys at XDA or modaco release rooting hack for this phone.

update: you got lucky. here is the guide : *forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=778880

blacklight

Journeyman
@amitabhishek
right u are.. i stay in trivandrum..a capital city but not a metro.. when i enquired, i was told about the samsung after sales offer on Galaxy and wave- they guarantee a 24 hour service..not that i completely believe it ..but there's virtually no service centres for motorola..according to guys at univercell, they shut shop 2 years ago...
and after shelling out 20K for a phone..with no support that does scare the hell out of me

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
you picked the wrong phone

Just wait for guys at XDA or modaco release rooting hack for this phone.

update: you got lucky. here is the guide : [OFFICIAL] Samsung Galaxy 3 GT-i5800 (root, gps fix, upgrading) - xda-developers

I already saw that...thats not working the links in page...thanks anyaway as i found another link

xda-developers - View Single Post - [OFFICIAL] Samsung Galaxy 3 GT-i5800 (root, gps fix, upgrading)

I5801-Root confirm working

only4omkar

Right off the assembly line
I found a spica at a shop near my place (with warranty)..
Is it worth to buy this phone considering that its production is over .. ??
If some parts get damaged .. will they be replaced ??:-?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I found a spica at a shop near my place (with warranty)..
Is it worth to buy this phone considering that its production is over .. ??
If some parts get damaged .. will they be replaced ??:-?
yes. even if production has stopped, support will continue for next 2 years atleast if I am right.

blacklight

Journeyman
SE Xperia X8 Out officially...listed at Univercell for close to 14K ..now if it runs on 1.6 (Donut) it would be an awesome failure!!

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
2.1 on the 15th of october. Wait up for the loaded stock or just upgrade it from SEUS.
Ok, thanks for the info. Means its running the same old Android 1.6.

To anyone who is thinking to buy X8, I would STRONGLY suggest you wait till it gets 2.1 at least as dreamcatcher mentioned above.

drumster

Broken In
Guys android market access is available in India now. Starting today I can see paid apps (with price displayed in Rs. :D )

tobbyhot

Broken In
I would like to share this information that we can create our own applications for android and its so easy to learn,you can check out this Google's official blog the whole information is there & it will be so much fun for you...

Top Bottom