Official Android discussion thread

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Great bro! same here :). I love ROM hopping ;).

BTW wanna kick on Steve Jobs galls? ;)

Android on iPhone
AHHHH I envy you HTC guys, how many firmwares do you need,developers spare some time & firmware for us poor souls :p

Anyways

Any suggestions on using phone as modem to connect to PC.

Tried PDA net, but I want something with full functionality,
Wifi tether if possible???

Last edited:

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
AHHHH I envy you HTC guys, how many firmwares do you need, spare some time & firmware for us poor souls
This is the only reason I like the Magic mainly. There is an abundance of custom ROMS . Although that might end in the near future.

Tried PDA net, but I want something with full functionality,
Wifi tether if possible???

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1229445&postcount=315

OP
amitabhishek

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
i Music was one of the killer app. when I purchased my Magic but since then this application has been removed from the market. Probably because of Amazon's application in the market. I have managed to locate the apk file and uploaded it get it here! Don't miss it guys!

sav_more

Journeyman
Hello everyone, I'm thinking about joining the Android bandwagon and getting the HTC LEGEND from mumbai this weekend...Does any one know the cost in mumbai?
1. Is this phone good? because i really liked the HERO!
Reviews show its a bit on the expensive side for the hardware that it offers...what do you guys think?
2. Can i get LEGEND cheaper form any other state (other than Maharashtra)
3. Will Desire be worth the wait.(time wise and cash wise .I cant go beyond 30K)

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
1. It is an awesome phone for the price! Don't know why you're saying its expensive? Hero was 30k, Legend is 23-24k! And Legend has better hardware than Hero!
2. Probably cheaper in Chennai? Not sure though.. Not much difference though.. Not worth buying from there..
3. Desire won't be beyond 30k.. As for time, HTC says they will launch it by end of May.. Definitely worth the wait! Almost twice as fast as Legend! I'm waiting for Desire myself :)

OP
amitabhishek

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
Saw Legend at the local retailer's place; MRP Rs. 23,500/- but I got blownaway when I saw Nexus One for Rs. 29,500:hyper:. Awesome phone! Baap of Legend! Now that Cynogen and Desire ROM has been ported for Nexus One; I am really tempted to go for N1. He has agreed to pay Rs. 10K for my Magic making this deal very affordable :).

sav_more

Journeyman
OK ..so ,Legend is a great phone ,available now and i can get my greedy hands on it in just 2 days!!
Desire which is better is a whole month away!!
I really like the Legend's aluminum frame but have heard some reviewers say that it will scratch easily..
Also a few more questions about Legend, i have read that over time the UI will get a bit slow(as in lagging) over a period of time.All of you guys can clear that for me since you have been using android for quiet some time.

I don't like Desire's design..but its internals are absolutely "desirable".And is it true that desire will have 720p video recording capabilities?

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

Saw Legend at the local retailer's place; MRP Rs. 23,500/- but I got blownaway when I saw Nexus One for Rs. 29,500:hyper:. Awesome phone! Baap of Legend! Now that Cynogen and Desire ROM has been ported for Nexus One; I am really tempted to go for N1. He has agreed to pay Rs. 10K for my Magic making this deal very affordable :).

Where in mumbai???

kalpik

No warranty or support for N1!

kalpik

kalpik

Well! To each his own! I'd prefer waiting a month for Desire and getting it for less than 29k :)

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Desire ROM has been ported for Nexus One; I am really tempted to go for N1. He has agreed to pay Rs. 10K for my Magic making this deal very affordable .
Omg I wish I had access to a dealer who would take phone exchanges :D . Although the offer is really tempting I would like to urge you to reconsider to wait till the Desire is out. Like Kalpik I am also expecting a reasonable price on the Desire .
Party Pooper :| ............ j/k :)

OP
amitabhishek

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
Yeah...true but when you hold those shiny new devices in your palm...logic/reasoning goes kaput :D. I will try to strengthen my meagre will power..lets see ;). BTW I dont see a sub 30K Desire ever happening!

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
I had almost planned to buy N8 from whichever corner of the world it is launched first but after reading all the posts in this thread(yeah each and every one of them) I am begining to think in favor of Android!
No doubt Desire is highly desirable fone but not yet launched in India. But one thing is for sure, move over Symbian, Android is here now.

kalpik

I had almost planned to buy N8 from whichever corner of the world it is launched first but after reading all the posts in this thread(yeah each and every one of them) I am begining to think in favor of Android!
No doubt Desire is highly desirable fone but not yet launched in India. But one thing is for sure, move over Symbian, Android is here now.
Wait for the Desire, it would be worth the wait! Though N8 is for a completely different audience, and NO other phone can touch it in terms of the camera!

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Yahoo..got my apps working on the X10. Its rocking now. More than 30 apps running without lags. :D Includes ebuddy and gtalk with continuous messages. :D Timescape updates in a jiffy. And guess what. New firmware in the first week of may.Go SE :D

Top Bottom